Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Been snowing in Leicester (LE3) for 20 mins now, its light but its more than just flurries. This is a good start! This PPN wasnt supposed to reach us till between 10-12 so the band must be edging further East than first thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Please I'm not being negative here but according to all the radars I should be under moderate snow now, we have a few flakes in air, I know the main band is not supposed to reach until 11ish but looking at the radar sw of brum it seems no more intense than what is currently showing here?

I am just trying to be realistic, I appreciate that radars are not great in this situation, but looking at the tv forecast this morning also backs the above up.

Please anyone experienced in weather please try and give me some comfort!

Posted

It's beginning to settle here in Hinckley, and the wind has definately picked up as well. Apparently there was an earthquake in the Loughborough area around half five this morning,

Posted

It's beginning to settle here in Hinckley, and the wind has definately picked up as well. Apparently there was an earthquake in the Loughborough area around half five this morning,

There was indeed. Magnitude 2.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

That was just me falling out of bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just under 11cm of snow here and slight blowing snow in the fresh E/SE wind. It looks as the though the main snow area to the south west has just arrived as the snow is now continuous, rather than the light intermittent snow half and hour ago.

Bitterly cold with a temp' of -3.3c and a mean wind speed of 21 mph, gusting to 35 mph.

Posted

Looking at the radar at the moment and for the past hour it has just completely stopped at Nottingham. Its almost as though the snow line is pivoting around us.

Nottingham Snow Shield working well then LOL

Posted

I must looking at the wrong radars, I am going to stick my neck out now, looking at the radar once the green passes brum it is breaking down, and for some reason I think this trend will continue all day, we will have a day of very very very light snow, but it will not get heavy, therefore I cannot see any major falls

I am ready to be shot down! I will not post again now until this evening to see if I was wrong or right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

fine snow coming down steady, as for the earthquake didn't feel a thing last night and yet to find anyone who has, but then again we are students and sleep through anything :D

Posted

This is coming down very well in Coventry and I'm told pretty well back home in Hinckley. A few hours of this and it will accumulate very well indeed.

Posted

Just starting now, very light snow in Kettering. Does that come under the East midlands thread? First post!