Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Light snow beginning to fall once again here, looks OK for the next few hours then perhaps some convective showers to follow - albeit few and far between.

A very fruitful (snowy!) day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hmm, i wonder if the snow can get as far west as Belper tonight.

Posted

Light snow beginning to fall once again here, looks OK for the next few hours then perhaps some convective showers to follow - albeit few and far between.

A very fruitful (snowy!) day.

Precip is pepping up to your NE, now.

Posted

I kind of belong in here too :) I'm between East mids and East anglia :) I shall split myself equally :)

Posted

Snowfall has intensified here over the last few minutes, adding to the generous covering we already have.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Sounds like the 'COLDWAR' In here East Vs West!!

Posted

As things move southwards tonight there is a chance. Things seem to be pivoting in the Wash, which is quite annoying. As the winds turn we might strike lucky. I get annoyed by this fictitous Wash Streamer. Yes sometimes showers do make it into north Northants, but they are on their last legs.

East Mids all the way here, although close to the boundary with Huntingtonshire and North Beds.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

MetO seem to be a bit bullish on the daytime temps for Weds and Thursday both day's showing max temps of -2. Also showing light snow on Friday.

Posted

Ooooooo, Nice to see the East/West Mids split :)

Had steady snowfall all morning today from about 10 - 1, it settled, and then went a bit slushy, which does make walking around in it a bit difficult!!! Curtains are closed tonight so I can't see whats happening at the lampost (I could get up and have a look, but I really can't be bothered!!!!) I'm not really banking on anything very much here now over the next few days, I just know it's gonna be icy tomorrow and cold all week brrrrrr!!!!!

Posted

As things move southwards tonight there is a chance. Things seem to be pivoting in the Wash, which is quite annoying. As the winds turn we might strike lucky. I get annoyed by this fictitous Wash Streamer. Yes sometimes showers do make it into north Northants, but they are on their last legs.

East Mids all the way here, although close to the boundary with Huntingtonshire and North Beds.

NMM shows that band around the wash moving West. fragmenting as it moves, CAMBS looks like to get some decent echo's. Rushden might just get lucky? small band heading down the nene valley could hit Northampton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Is any of that precip gonna make to us from over newark/Grantham or will it fizzle out?, could do with a little top up after the slight thaw we had earlier.

Sorry already answer above!

Posted

Is any of that precip gonna make to us from over newark/Grantham or will it fizzle out?, could do with a little top up after the slight thaw we had earlier.

Sorry already answer above!

That over Newark/Grantham On the NMM shows it dying a death.

Posted

NMM shows that band around the wash moving West. fragmenting as it moves, CAMBS looks like to get some decent echo's. Rushden might just get lucky? small band heading down the nene valley could hit Northampton.

We are scratching around though. Pleased the thaw has stopped, so I can admire the snow in my back garden and within Rushden Hall Park for the rest of the week. That reminds me, I bought a bag of salt to do the steps.

Any surprises now would go down a treat, other than the nasty trips down the minor roads I have to take.

Posted

Few flakes in the wind in South Peterborough, nothing major though. Not sure the wrap around will work in our favour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Clear sky 0.6c. Earl Shilton. Leics

Had a lot of snow started about 9 ish uptil about 5pm.

6pm turned to sleaty rain. Not much snow left now.

Been a truly awesome afternoon watching the snow falling and chucking snow balls for the dogs.

Posted

Snow showers now forming just off the coast, some parts of the region should see a few of these overnight adding to any existing cover.

Posted

I think the split was a good idea, the region is just so vast, that you could have huge events going off in one part of the midlands that have very little baring on other areas, an East/West split was the solution. Plus a quick glance at their board shows its all doom & gloom because they missed out yesterday, in fact according to some winter is now over biggrin.png

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

Very light snow just started in Leicester.

As yesterdays snow has now frozen over. Does this give any new snow falling a better chance of settling on top or does it give it less chance if it dissolves once hitting the frozen over ice?