Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

starting to turn back to reasonably heavy snow in northampton , there was a worrying 30 mins of very fine heavy sleety precipitation . it is still very wet snow unfortunately , o isnt really settling , if we had this in the evening we would have had a few inches of lying snow by now. still an interesting week to look forward to though.

Posted

Ruler in garden wall index now at 5cm which actually means 5.5cm overall (tonight and today) as the ruler has 0.5cm blank plastic before the scale is printed.

Edited by JonMillar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

and back to heavy wet snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just got back in from work. Around Mansfield into Alfreton areas the snow was really coming down but here in Belper it has stopped and a slight thaw underway. I would guess at around 5-8cm on the higher parts I drove through, here in Belper town centre its more like 2-5cm (away from the main A6 road where there is understandibly less than that).

May take a drive up to the Peak District in the next half hour to see how they have done :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Looks like some hefty showers feeding through the Cheshire gap now. Its still very dark out to my West

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

this is turning out to be better than i could ever have hoped for. Still snowing heavily and showing no signs of easing up. well over an inch of lying snow now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Netweather radar shows my postcode, NN3, to be within area of sleet it is in fact snowing very heavily

Posted

Very light and sleety snow now. Temp up to 1.1C, dewpoint 1C. Radar suggests only maybe 10 more minutes of this. What next? Still looks pretty dark to the West. Guess it'll freeze hard and some will stick around before Round Two on Friday/Saturday/Sunday...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Netweather radar shows my postcode, NN3, to be within area of sleet it is in fact snowing very heavily

Been showing Leicester under sleet for an hour now but it's still snowing and hasn't turned sleety at any point.

Looks like the last bit of the band is over us now, it's been a good event though! I was confident Leicester would just be in the right area last night and i'm glad we were. The roads are wet but the pavements have a good few cm's on and the grass/garage roofs/fences have about 5cm on them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just travel back from Leeds down the M1, snow all the way various degrees of intensity north Derbyshire notts looked very good. Good home to near ashby and stop when I turned my engine off. Good covering here thawing well now though, just hope it hangs on so I can take my boy sledging on the new sledge we got at the weekend.

2 questions for the experts, when would we expect the tempature to start dropping? Currently 1.3 here, and what's the thoughts on the Cheshire Gap streamer or should we be looking to east for a Lincolnshire streamer.

Cheers

Posted

Dying out in Nottingham now, well all in all I can't fault what we have got out of this event. With this covering freezing tonight and snow showers predicted for us during the week, winter 2013 has at least delivered something for us and we are still only in mid jan

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

Really rare scenes here now, roads white over and edging past 5cm on the majority of surfaces now - plenty to come it would seem.

The first event of the winter has been worth waiting for here.

Posted

Really rare scenes here now, roads white over and edging past 5cm on the majority of surfaces now - plenty to come it would seem.

The first event of the winter has been worth waiting for here.

Newark should be good for the next hour with the heaviest yet to come just before the end.

Posted

Newark should be good for the next hour with the heaviest yet to come just before the end.

Can't see the front moving SE of Newark for a good few hours yet- as forecast the Easterly flow is now having an impact on the progress.

Front will also begin to pivot slightly within the coming hours.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

So is this it in terms of the snow Leicester will have? From tomorrow met office is forecasting it to be dry and sunny......

For now, yep.

Next possible event looks like the weekend. Still, this snow shouldn't really budge much this week because temps are forecast to stay around or below 0 all week now.