Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

need this to happen otherwise I think we will just have to write off today for Nottingham, it was so close as well

On the BBC forecast map this morning this is pretty much how it showed the day panning out, it then went on to give sporadic snow for the East Midlands this afternoon. Radar matching the forecast at the moment.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/carrington#?tab=fiveDay

Issued only an hour ago.

Posted

On the BBC forecast map this morning this is pretty much how it showed the day panning out, it then went on to give sporadic snow for the East Midlands this afternoon. Radar matching the forecast at the moment.

http://www.metoffice...on#?tab=fiveDay

Issued only an hour ago.

Heavy snow for 3pm, this could still be game on if it pans out as they suggest

Posted

I would love to be where you are as the heaviest of the London snow appears to be taking a track between Northampton and Peterborough for this afternoon !

The band seems to hit the snow sheld and fizzles out before it gets to us

Posted

A NW track of Luton - Northampton - Leicester for the London snow looking good to my eyes ...... even if I wish for a Cambridge - Peterborough - Nottingham track !

Posted

It can't seem to decide what to do slightly heavier again here. I think 10cm is possible if this is here till 3pm

It has picked up in Coventry and I'm told that's the case in Hinckley. We've done pretty well out of this, I reckon. There will be more opportunities in the coming days the low temperatures mean it won't be going anywhere soon. This will be a great weekend for walking in the snow.

Posted

The band seems to hit the snow sheld and fizzles out before it gets to us

Don't look west ..... look south east (London/Beds) as that's where I think your snow is coming from !

Posted

The front appears to be pivoting and moving more northwards. I assume it will be easier for it to move in a more northerly direction as it is under less pressure from the cold block to the east. Im in chesterfield and have been on the edge of the front all morning. So frustrating lol. Fingers crossed for this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

been snowing since around 9 this morning but still only a few cms in northampton. what we need is a heavy burst for an hour or so otherwise we will only end up with 2cm or so from this.

Posted

it has been a blustery powdery snow for hours now but it is slowly adding up. Over 5cm now and still going.

Posted

Certainly increased in Kettering in the last ten minutes. Actually looks more like snow now! Need that London stuff to head straight up this way.

Posted

Radar shows the weather has just pivoted slightly anti-clockwise, the centre-point seems to be around EMA by the looks of it. Derby/Nottingham definitely look to be in the firing line for this afternoon as things stand.

Posted

really increasing now in northampton. just hope it continues like this for another good few hours and into this evening. should end up with a good covering if it keeps snowing at this rate. can't believe how fast the cars are still driving on our main road. reckless!!

Posted

Just goes to show how fast things change, one minute its look west, now its look Southeast, more optimistic now and in fairness to the Met office they called it for this afternoon in Nottingham with their last update

Posted

Quite bizzare in Leicester. The snow is extremely powdery but it's settling. Normally fresh snow isn't slippery but walking conditions are ridiculous. Really slippery!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Heaviest of the day now - right on cue. Approaching 10cms here

Are you in the East Mids?

Posted

best hour so far in terms of snow intensity, really hope it continues until the evening at this rate now.

Posted

Quite bizzare in Leicester. The snow is extremely powdery but it's settling. Normally fresh snow isn't slippery but walking conditions are ridiculous. Really slippery!

Agreed-Footsteps in the snow are quickly covered suggesting the powdery stuff is effective!