Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Are we excited yet?

Sure tomorrow's rain / sleet is a disappointment but maybe the best is yet to come clapping.gif

Posted

10 or 20 good posts out of 100/200

I do wish people would stop asking if it's going to snow in thier backgarden and at what time. Also the pages of "fingers crossed" is getting a little tedious wading through.

The long and short of it is, is going to be a looking out of the window event tomorrow as it's on a knife edge as to who gets snow, rain or a fizzling out nothing. The next few days after that look pretty good for convective showers that will almost certainly be of snow. But these will be mainly for the East, but these can blow fairly far inland if the breeze is strong enough.

Which forecast to look at??? Some of you need to watch Countryfile at about 19:45-19:55 on BBC1 tonight, that's about the best you're going to get.

The best bet is to enjoy the ride, read some of the more knowledgeable posts and try to refrain from asking for personal to the square acre weather forecasts.

Oh and if it doesn't snow for you, then feel free to blame the Mod's rofl.gif

Just sayin' blum.gif

Posted

Temp: 0.4

Dew Point: - 4

Clearing skies, occasional cloud.

Current observations would defiantly support snow, however temps always tend to pick up with an approaching front so need temps to drop a bit more beforehand. Ideally around - 3/4 should do it.

No probs for snow over this area! Good 2/5cm expected even more I would of thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Even though the MOD thread is an "Enter at your own risk" sort of place, it amazes me that there are a couple of posters, that read the charts sooooooo badly, and get shot down everytime, but they still allow them to post, i know its a forum and people are allowed to post what they "see" but surley some of the regular bad posters need culling? It just adds to the mass confusion for newbies, like myself, i feel like i have spammed the ignore button no end this wekend! lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Maybe we should have a new thread i.e eastern and south eastern coastal line and not London & South east especially in these types of set up's..

At this moment in time Tuesday onward does not look that conducive for snow showers or streamers except for the coastal fringes of the se spreading into some parts of Kent.

I just cannot see beefy snow showers making it across parts of London & spreading further west unless a thames streamer sets up but we are talking 48 hrs here which is miles away from finding out.

Poor Poor Poor sums it up for me for areas London and west i'm afraid at this point...

Cheer upsmile.png - there are (at least) several days of cold weather ahead and it is only tomorrow that is marginal. Atm, the snow showers expected from Tuesday onwards are hard to predict where and when - but any that come along will be in freezing conditions. I'm expecting nothing at all tomorrow, it is not of interest at all tbh other than obviously watching for who does get snow, but from then on with the cold air in place and easterly winds setting in then there are plenty of possibilities for all of us

Posted

Yeah very strange bbc forecasts

I don't like them

Wednesday was showing snow showers really far inland and Tuesday near the coast now the met have it the other way round

That's because, as you've experienced first hand today, the weather changes. 10000's of Intel chips are trying to pattern match and predict a snow event when we have warm(er) air present. As Steve Murr said a shift 75 miles east or west makes a huge difference here.

Stay with me here, but IF and and it's a BIG IF, the BBC updated their forecasts as per every run would the 99% be confused - The BBC try and take the line for the majority, you and me are in the minority when it comes to guessing where it will snow.

Pleasing the majority will always win - simples.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=will-it-snow;sess=

Like the % but it is just generated from raw gfs...... Oh well

Most kent folk should be looking ne on the radar over the next few hours..... Aka what may prevail before tomorrow and is why warning by met was issued....

Optimistic but this doesn't include Dartford does it? Guess were too far north west?

Posted

Even though the MOD thread is an "Enter at your own risk" sort of place, it amazes me that there are a couple of posters, that read the charts sooooooo badly, and get shot down everytime, but they still allow them to post, i know its a forum and people are allowed to post what they "see" but surley some of the regular bad posters need culling? It just adds to the mass confusion for newbies, like myself, i feel like i have spammed the ignore button no end this wekend! lol :)

Its so annoying, i know, then they ask will it snow in xyz...... People are so tell me now...... People do not appreciate that they should just look outside their windows etc nowcasting.... Im not going in there (mod thread).... ie lookslike radar is playing ball, ie dutch radar, could get interesting in a few hours..... Ie nowcasting....

Its so annoying, i know, then they ask will it snow in xyz...... People are so tell me now...... People do not appreciate that they should just look outside their windows etc nowcasting.... Im not going in there (mod thread).... ie lookslike radar is playing ball, ie dutch radar, could get interesting in a few hours..... Ie nowcasting....

Not great for anywhere away from Kent though which probably explains the negativity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Even though the MOD thread is an "Enter at your own risk" sort of place, it amazes me that there are a couple of posters, that read the charts sooooooo badly, and get shot down everytime, but they still allow them to post, i know its a forum and people are allowed to post what they "see" but surley some of the regular bad posters need culling? It just adds to the mass confusion for newbies, like myself, i feel like i have spammed the ignore button no end this wekend! lol smile.png

Totally agree, out of interest where is the ignore button?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

wow where did all that precip come from in the North sea... woo it might be game on for us Kentish folk after all :)

Posted

You'd think that being closest to the continent and the colder air we'd be in a prime position for snow. Tomorrow looked to be the best chance for all of the South East to see heavy snow before that ****** warm sector showed up!

Very true there Matt.

As said previously if it can o wrong it will - First December and now possibly tomorrow.

However still time for correction and we are not talking about thousands of miles just 50-70 Miles would do the trick and would bring the whole thread into play. The most worrying thing though is the mild sector and placement has been modeled well over the past 24 hours i.e no great correction made.

The other gripe i have is with those stating that ah well no snow for tomorrow but after that looks good...

We have not been fortunate this winter we had very favorable indicators back in December but what materialized?

Zilch !

We now have those in the mod thread saying that the back end of the month is going to be brilliant and that this is just a teaser. I'm sorry but you can have strat warming's and ample blocking however if that blocking fails to set up in the right places you can end up with nothing. It is a complete guess regarding the end of the month and that's why my theory is to take your chances when they arrive.

I'd hate to be in the shoes of those publicly punting for a very cold and snowy late Jan & Feb.

Anyway that is my rant over and am going to do a all nighter and enjoy what snow we may get overnight then onto watch the cricket in the morning..smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,storms

Big beefy Snow showers heading our way off the north sea...suffolk/essex and kent

post-2640-0-07028000-1358100684_thumb.jp

Edited by tonbridgemole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

hi wits whats your temp in bexley ...just curious because im only up the road ????

Well, it was 2.5c around 5pm. Not sure what it is now though?

Posted

Wine in hand, pie in the oven, man city beat arsenal, possible snow in next five days, seeing souness on sky and knowing my brother went out with his daughter in the 80s...... Hehe..... I was his son frazers friend at school too....

Posted

wow where did all that precip come from in the North sea... woo it might be game on for us Kentish folk after all :)

Yeah I just noticed that, heading this way and increasing slowly with intensity, at first I thought is was a false positive, a ghostly false blip on the scope but its there, it seems to be tracking towards Kent and its pink !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

temp in Crayford - 1.9c dp -1 1020.7mb steady wind calm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Yea. I'm watching this too. Why is no one talking about this?

http://www.netweathe...l-it-snow;sess=

Like the % but it is just generated from raw gfs...... Oh well

Most kent folk should be looking ne on the radar over the next few hours..... Aka what may prevail before tomorrow and is why warning by met was issued....

to warm here .3.1c, whatever comes from that ppn here will be wet.