Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread everyone:

The forum is extremely busy at the moment so in the interests of keeping the regional threads running smoothly please before you post just think about whether you'd be interested in what you're saying were someone else to post it. Pointless one liners and posts may well be deleted to ensure ease of use to all members during this period.

Whilst it's difficult to take the emotion and expectancy out of any likely upcoming event, everyone would really do themselves (and others) a favour by easing off with the disappointment and negativity.

I suspect most of us will be every happy with the next week (but I’m starting to think some people wouldn’t be happy if they got 2 foot of snow) but what ever happens we all enjoy weather so can we please talk about what may or may not be about to happen without winding up our fellow members.

Good luck everyone, enjoy your snow when you get it angel.gif

Link to the previous one here …..

http://forum.netweat...n/page__st__760

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

a few flakes floating about out there again just now. Its trying!

Posted

currently 1.8c here in bracknell and dew point -0.6 - wet bulb 1.0c

we had a few flakes a couple of hours ago but not enough to write home about, sadly.

Sky isn't looking too promising atm - white but not looking full of the white stuff! (yet)

Edited by Sungirl

Posted

I'm really confused, I can see that tomorrow afternoon/ evening is dodgy but there is still tues, wed and thurs at least for snow in kent isn't there? Why is there so much 'winter is over' mentality. Everything I have seen looked good for it on those days, or has it all changed again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Latest Met text update not good:

Headline:

Tonight, very cold, icy. Some snow by morning.

This Evening and Tonight:

Snow showers across parts of Kent, perhaps giving local falls. Otherwise, a dry, frosty evening but clouding over with outbreaks of snow moving in towards morning. Snow fall will be mostly slight but icy conditions will become quite widespread. Minimum Temperature -3 °C.

Monday:

Icy with a slight snow cover early on, some light snow for a time then turning less cold with rain and sleet, perhaps heavy for a time, thawing lying snow. Maximum Temperature 5 °C.

Posted

Hi I have a temp of 3.3c and a dew point of - 5.8c with the occasional very light snow,the wind is light 4 mph and swinging from N to ENE. What are we expected to get overnight as have very early start tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Have cleared all the leaves in the garden so it's ready for making the snowman . air has def got much colder and u can smell the difference if that makes sence happy snow watching everyone x

I was saying earlier is smelt like snow :) you're not alone in your madness haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp here has dropped quickly its now 1.4 and dewpoint is -1.3 .Whats the latest guys? Still looking like rain here on the south coast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

+2 here maybe sleet tomorrow if we are lucky ...stopped waxing runners on my new sledge ...but hey theres always the rest of the week good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Wow, jubilation in the mod thread. Apparently in five days we have some dark blue blob over us with a deep purple blob to the left, this I believe, in my most expert opinion is very good news. So we can all look forward to 48 foot of snow in a few days after all.

I'm really confused, I can see that tomorrow afternoon/ evening is dodgy but there is still tues, wed and thurs at least for snow in kent isn't there? Why is there so much 'winter is over' mentality. Everything I have seen looked good for it on those days, or has it all changed again?

Probably because 90% of snow events turn to rain or fade away near the time and then we hear 'but wait until the next day/week/event it's looking much better' before getting close again and a downgrade. A groundhog day mindset can set in.

It's impossible to predict until a few hours before anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

+2 here maybe sleet tomorrow if we are lucky ...stopped waxing runners on my new sledge ...but hey theres always the rest of the week good.gif

I do love your optimism Alan, snow was bang on for Saturday (no show), then Sunday night, then Monday and now for the rest of the week!

Just saw the BBC predictions, the big band of snow that was supposed to pitch up overnight now fizzles big time before ven getting to the Midlands and Monday looks wet :-O

Who knows what is going to happen but I am not going to hold my breath :-(

Posted

I'm usually the eternal optimist but I've a horrible feeling I'll get very little or no snow at all for my location. Latest NAE charts tend to back this up. I'll have a very upset little boy if this is the case as he's already got the carrot out to make the snowmans nose!

Posted

Wow, jubilation in the mod thread. Apparently in five days we have some dark blue blob over us with a deep purple blob to the left, this I believe, in my most expert opinion is very good news. So we can all look forward to 48 foot of snow in a few days after all.

Or several feet of rain when a warm sector appears out of nowhere and positions itself over us just as the precipitation arrives good.gif

Posted

I personally think the MET/BBC could have egg on their face tomorrow. They didn't predict the 3cm of snow we got early Dec. marginal events can tend to be the best ones!

Fingers crossed.

Anyway if we fail tomorrow. The rest of the week will deliver ample opportunity for the white stuff. With no marginality involved!!

Edited by Shrimper