Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Snow or no snow, I'm just glad they are coming to do my loft insulation on Tuesday judging by the temps, and the latest charts!

Posted

Got a feeling tommorow might play out alot differently than forecast... on the basis that today hasnt... so far

I like your logic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

Oh my god this moaning is ridiculous!!

Come on conor and The Wolf, the forecast is for light snow ALL NIGHT.

And then by day theres the other band, marginal yes but I think we will be just the right side of marginal!

Agreed. It was looking like rain, but the cold air should dig in behind this front.

I have my doubts it will get as far east as some suggest and MIGHT stall over us, now that would be fun.

Remember.. this is just the start of the cold spell and don't let someone posting one chart out at 5 days tell you otherwise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just started very light, this actually reminds me of 29th-30th Dec 2005, a dusting on evening of 29th, then all gone by morning, less cold on 30th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

?? Shaky you need to look again:-)

Posted

Ukmo model has it all snow tomorrow!!warm sector well out the way!!surprised no ones mentioned it!!

So does the gem. :D

Posted

?? Shaky you need to look again:-)

Uppers are definately colder than the gfs -5 pretty much throughout compared to -3/4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh i read that on the mod thread aswell shaky that the 528 damm line is also much further west so that has to give us a better chance u would think.

Posted

Just started very light, this actually reminds me of 29th-30th Dec 2005, a dusting on evening of 29th, then all gone by morning, less cold on 30th

yes remember that, very similar timing but i dont think it will be all gone by tomorrow am, some thaw yes.

we have nearly a cm now , from an hour of light snow. non stop tease.gif

Posted

But the dew point will rise as the first band pushes through leaving rain or sleet at best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

don't worry coner its the same for this part of brum too most of the time weather events goes tits up.

Posted

Yh i read that on the mod thread aswell shaky that the 528 damm line is also much further west so that has to give us a better chance u would think.

Oh yes definately!!i think a lot of midlanders will be surprises tomorrow!!the -5 line is scraping the west midlands where as the gfs has it cOm

Posted

For those who may have missed it earlier my in depth look at the week ahead is here:

http://forum.netweat...d-the-midlands/

For all of you who are interested as to what the week ahead might have in store for us Midlanders, this is very highly recommended reading.

Keep up the good work Tony H. We're very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable poster in our midst good.gif

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

getting excited here in northampton with the prospect of some good snow overnight/tomorrow, although as ever, I won't tempt fate and get too optimistic....just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Well, this is exciting to say the least! Even though it stresses me out when the potential snow event is a borderline one which could end up in either 5-10cm snowfall or wet snow/rain which doesn't settle, it is what makes the snow even more special here in the UK!

At the moment I think the snow prospects look pretty good across the Midlands. I think 95-100% of the Midlands will have seen at least some snow by tomorrow evening. I reckon quite a lot of the Midlands will see snow tonight from this light band of precip. Even snowless Shrewsbury has a dusting now and I expect Birmingham and surrounding areas will see some snow from tonights system too. I agree that tomorrow is not nailed down at all yet but for what it's worth, i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that the West Midlands are currently 70-30 in favour of seeing 1-5cm from tomorrows band. Areas on and East a line from say... Nottingham/Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire are around 80-20 in favour of seeing 1-10cm from tomorrows band.

I know i'm sitting on the fence a bit with my thoughts laugh.png but I do think the Midlands is in a good position for these 2 bands now. I mean right now here, it's 1.2c with a dew point of -0.9c. Any PPN that comes here tonight will be 100% snow if those temps stay the same or drop even lower. So we shouldn't be downbeat!

Also... A lot of areas around Birmingham/Staffs are higher up than places in Nottingham, Leicester and Northampton. So what we have in favour with the fact we are slightly further East, you guys equal it up with being higher.

Posted

I have a bit of altitude here but suffer from not quite knowing whether I'm in the east or west Midlands lol, still it'll be nice to see something falling won't it?

Posted

iPhone app is showing 50% chance of snow at 23:00 in Leicester. However it is Yahoo weather.

Can any of you recommend a good weather app please?

Posted

Nothing here, band looks like breaking up as it heads this way. Be a sugar coating at best and the band will have moved through by 8-9 leaving a dry night before rain tommorrow.