Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Just popped onto this thread and it seems people dont seem to be able to think about the evolutions of this situation!!

So negative. I reckon tomorrow will be a surprise despite the dew point forecast, everybody NE of Malvern area should be ok! sod the wet bulb, think uppers blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Amber warning from the met office for the far north of the Midlands. Unfortunately not for me, the line is probably within walking distance of here though lol. So - tomorrow I get in the car and take a 5 minute drive further north and I can spend a day in heavy snow and a good covering.

Actually, living here that is a good possibility. I am only 5-10 minutes drive from the Peak District... so even if there is no snow here, there will be not far away.

More worryingly, my workplace is under the Amber Warning. Can see me waking up to the sound of rain, driving to work (in rain), just to get stranded there by snow and be stuck there overnight lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

TBH it might not be such a bad thing that this has stalled west as we get another shot later which WAS progged further east with rain for us.

Also it's worth taking a look at the UKMO 12z run @ T+120, because it's brilliant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Just seen on bbc news looks like tomorows snow looks ok for here in lincs :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The whole system will track down from the NNW tonight and tomorrow and a secondary low may develop over eastern England, so developments are likely as the pressure lowers (it is still relatively high).

Edited by TonyH

Posted

What a shock the frontal snow later in the week has downgraded to an easterly which will then end with a sinking high, can't help but rant at just how horrendous this location manages to be for anything other than rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hey peeps. Just to chear my self and all my fello w.midlanders up im gona remind u of dec 8th 90. On friday the 7th dec it rained most of the day. The forecast was for rain and sleet, over night rain turned to snow and if im rite we here in brum got over a foot. So taking that into acount u never know what might happen, im not saying we could have a repete but 1 can dream and guys plz dnt rob salt into woond by making ref to villa that herts. Lol. So how r we looking peeps? Or have our dreams been shatterd as usial?

Posted

LOL game over! Always more likely East Mids

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Oh my god this moaning is ridiculous!!

Come on conor and The Wolf, the forecast is for light snow ALL NIGHT.

And then by day theres the other band, marginal yes but I think we will be just the right side of marginal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Guys CALM DOWN!

The 2nd band (the 1st band never showed any more potential than a slight dusting) hasn't even arrived yet!

Posted

LOL game over! Always more likely East Mids

You look to be correct about that secondary low

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted

All this talk of the band pepping up this evening...the forecasts have been saying that it is supposed to die out as it approaches the south-east, isn't it doing as forecast just doing it earlier?

As for band number 2...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

that met artical sounds crap for wm or have i misred it?

Posted

All this talk of the band pepping up this evening...the forecasts have been saying that it is supposed to die out as it approaches the south-east, isn't it doing as forecast just doing it earlier?

As for band number 2...

Its the NAE that showed it being quite weak like it is currently before pepping up for a whole before dying out later on. Guess its just a case of wait and see. Either way I wouldn't expect much. At least tomoz looks set to have plenty of precip. Just what it will fall as is still to be decided

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

For us west of Brum this first band was our I ly chance of snow! I've just used 5 bags of grit to ensure business as usuall tommoro to be quite frank what a waste of money ! Have to say just like the weather forecasting in this country!!!!!

Posted

Its the NAE that showed it being quite weak like it is currently before pepping up for a whole before dying out later on. Guess its just a case of wait and see. Either way I wouldn't expect much. At least tomoz looks set to have plenty of precip. Just what it will fall as is still to be decided

Thank you for answer. We shall see then. Look forward to tomorrow...we really need to split our regional thread into 2 tomorrow so we can leave the East Midlanders in peace as they celebrate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow advancing down the Cheshire Gap/M6 corridor now....

Not were i am its not infact more like drizzle here

C.S

Posted

Very light snow just started here. Temp currently +0.5C

Edited by picog

Posted

Thank you for answer. We shall see then. Look forward to tomorrow...we really need to split our regional thread into 2 tomorrow so we can leave the East Midlanders in peace as they celebrate!

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prec&HH=15&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Check it at +6 roughly now. And then the next few frames. Of course no guarentee its right

Edited by SnowTornado