Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 13/01/13 --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Re tonight, that is probably still set to develop and so no indication from the radar yet, let's hope so anyway!

Posted

MetO losing more snow on the forecast for tomorrow by each update and looks like Wednesday's chances are completely gone.

Melodramatic as it sounds, I'm fed up of being let down when there's a chance of snow. I say all the time I'm not going to get excited, but I do anyway. It's very, very frustrating. This Winter is definitely one of the most annoying I've known.

Posted

Doubtful by the looks of it. May allow for clearer skys and lower temps because if it prior to the 2nd band moving in. I hope. Ukmo at 144 has us all in for a foot of snow so there's always that sNOw event to look forward to

yes but we always seem to be looking forward to it but not reaching it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I have to say, its becoming hard to stay upbeat. The 12z NAE has dp's of 1-2c across the Midlands now, including here, for most of tomorrow. I think tomorrow will be sleet/rain unless you live in Lincolnshire. Not confident at all now of any snow. After tomorrow, we have to hope for snow showers from the North Sea or we are looking at a week of cold, frosty and foggy conditions - hardly excited.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic, as Adzyy says above - I am also fed up of being let down when it comes to snow.

Posted

Seems the case unfortunately, more often than not, potential snow events look good a few days away, but then slowly dwindle down to non events by the time the day actually comes around.

First it was Saturday, and now Tonight/tomorrow.

Posted

MetO losing more snow on the forecast for tomorrow by each update and looks like Wednesday's chances are completely gone.

Meto forecast has me down for heavy rain at 12pm tomorrow afternoon, then light snow in the evening.

They seem to not have a clue at the moment, as earlier it said heavy snow.

Posted

Never thought Wed was an opportunity in the grand scheme of things, I have it down as dry and bright with high pressure over the north. Reckon a few on here will have a surprise come the morning.

Posted

Gotta laugh at Telford/Shropshire's snow shield, literally just snizzle at the mo and a washout tommorow whilst as per usual it snows everywhere else.

Posted

The band is set to stall and pep up overnight as it hits tje winds from the east.

Too early to say it's a non event.

Posted

Wow, it's really fizzled out to pretty much nothing. Hopefully it peps up :)

Edited by Luke

Posted

Seems the case unfortunately, more often than not, potential snow events look good a few days away, but then slowly dwindle down to non events by the time the day actually comes around.

First it was Saturday, and now Tonight/tomorrow.

We got a lot closer this time though...that snow has only died out completley just to our west. Bad timing I'm afraid. I think our warnings for tonight will be dropped soon. Not sure what they'll do with tomorrows though.

Posted

Meto forecast has me down for heavy rain at 12pm tomorrow afternoon, then light snow in the evening.

They seem to not have a clue at the moment, as earlier it said heavy snow.

Such are things when on a knife edge

Posted

The band is set to stall and pep up overnight as it hits tje winds from the east.

Too early to say it's a non event.

Didn't know it was supposed to do that though? I'm not convinced myself...but I'm willing to be proved wrong!

Watch it pep up to our east knowing our luck!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Jay Wynn on the BBC news saying 'significant snow' for the Midlands before petering out moving east.

Posted

Posted

Such are things when on a knife edge

Radar and looking out the window is going to be the best forecast. laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Will the first band reach birmingham or is it dying out.

Posted

How will this all pep up? There is virtually nothing to pep up on the radar.

Whats the betting it peps up when it gets East of the Midlands?! Smashes head against brick wall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

All gong tits up for anybody south and west of Birmingham if you want snow