Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 13/01/13 ---->

A.J

Posted

And... The thermometer outside (a garden thermometer, so not the most accurate) is saying its currently around 4C for me here, would you say that's correct? Plus the fact that dunkeswell, slightly further west to me, is about 50m higher than me, and is saying that the temperature there is 1.1...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature has stablised at -0.2c for last half hour with cloud rolling in and dew point climbing slightly as expected to -3c

Another hour or two yet I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Here we go my lovelies.. A quick radar grab.. Just renewed my subscription to NWextra.. Any newbies I would recommend to you. Plus you can do it per month.. Perfect for these times!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Massive ECM tonight, would really want to see agreement with the UKMO to 120, or similar

You won't find me worried if it's not a good run tonight, it's been off the ball and really struggling lately, I don't care what the verification stats show. It stuck to its mild outlook for a few days before finally smelling the coffee and came around to showing the cold spell were now currently in and will be in for the rest of this week, it was showing a south westerly for this week just the other day!

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It's 1.7c here.. DP -1. Come on snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

And... The thermometer outside (a garden thermometer, so not the most accurate) is saying its currently around 4C for me here, would you say that's correct? Plus the fact that dunkeswell, slightly further west to me, is about 50m higher than me, and is saying that the temperature there is 1.1...

u might want to put that cup of tea down lol

Hmm ill try again! ... post-2094-0-89651000-1358099123_thumb.jp

what site is that your using?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Again, been out all day so no idea what's happened or is likely to happen but I can report, it's blinking freezing around here. Went for a walk across the Mendip Plateau this afternoon, glorious sunshine and it's like a winter wonderland up there, everything still snow covered and frozen solid - it was so cold we were absolutely forced to seek shelter and sustenance in the local pub, for the dog's sake, obviously......

So, any snow due tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

what site is that your using?

Netweather extra roller coaster

Posted

It's 1.7c here.. DP -1. Come on snow!

Do not rely on the radar to much shows snow over us at the moment just a few specs around we have to wait for the cold front tomorrow.

Posted

Do not rely on the radar to much shows snow over us at the moment just a few specs around we have to wait for the cold front tomorrow.

Exactly! Just looked at the will it rain today radar, and that shows precipitation over me at 5.30, but have had nothing as of yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Having the feeling that no matter how much cold air we get, Snow is simply off the cards.

Even fridays even will sizzle out to nothing over the next few days, Just you watch. Same as this last fridays/saturdays did, Same as tonight and so will happen with mon, tues and wednesdays.

The models seem to push it further and further away each time until the warmth has come back.

I dont mean to be negative, It is however exactly how the models and what has happened, happened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I expect you are all hoping for the UKMO to be right late this week - those sort of set-ups always bring the best for your region. Good luck all anyway!smile.pngcold.gif

Posted

Having the feeling that no matter how much cold air we get, Snow is simply off the cards.

Even fridays even will sizzle out to nothing over the next few days, Just you watch. Same as this last fridays/saturdays did, Same as tonight and so will happen with mon, tues and wednesdays.

The models seem to push it further and further away each time until the warmth has come back.

I dont mean to be negative, It is however exactly how the models and what has happened, happened.

Lol, I have just posted virtually the same thing on the wales forum. We seem to have been waiting for weeks with great prospects, but when it gets down to the more reliable timeframe, it gets pushed further out. I know some lucky areas are going to get their snow fix and thats great, but to be honest, I just think we are going to be setting ourselves up for more dissappointments if we take the charts at face value and really am only now going to just believe it when i actually see it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It's about 10 miles away now according to the NW radar. Will report back soon! Lol!

Posted

Well the radar says something is falling from the sky over my location......but nothing is outside!

[/quote

Apparently, from more knowledgable than myself in the wales thread, it is evaporating before it hits the ground. ;-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Rain forecast here smiley19.gif

Posted

It's about 10 miles away now according to the NW radar. Will report back soon! Lol!

Sneaky post of the radar image would be good :)

Edited by NickSomerset