Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional - Cold Spell Discussion 13/01/13--->

Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The thing I don't understand is 2cm isn't deep so why have an amber alert? The depths being banded about are feeble man and if that's all we got then they need to get a grip..... *rant* over lol

Latest charts I've just looked at suggest around 7cm by 18:00 tomorrow now if this band stalls and intensifies tomorrow afternoon we could be looking at some big totals in a short space of time. That's the only reason I can see for an amber warning

Posted

Jay Wynn on N24 weather talking about "accumulations really toting up in the NE" tomorrow.. I can't see how TBH.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Had the lightest of light snow falling just before.

Barely worth a mention really.

Posted

Maybe it's old stuff- or the MetO love us?!

Looked pretty new TBH. It wasn't a recording.

Graphics didn't really back it up until late Mon pm - suggestion that the front "curling back" would give accumulations in the coastal strip up to about Durham. That said "the NE" could mean more the NYM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Cheers Gav... So we have alza saying no chance or very unlikely to 15cm which would warrant the warning...then we have the other reports of accumulations building up.....what to do I am still no further forward as to where this will go lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Looked pretty new TBH. It wasn't a recording.

Graphics didn't really back it up until late Mon pm - suggestion that the front "curling back" would give accumulations in the coastal strip up to about Durham. That said "the NE" could mean more the NYM.

The front should curl back- E flow, making it very marginal but very precipy...

Cheers Gav... So we have alza saying no chance or very unlikely to 15cm which would warrant the warning...then we have the other reports of accumulations building up.....what to do I am still no further forward as to where this will go lol

Spy on your lamppost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Lightly snowing again come on !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Originally it looked like 5cm or maybe 10cm tomorrow, then 5-10cm from the easterly mid week. Now it looks as though tomorrow will be a non event at low levels, but there could still be some snow showers from the North Sea on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. They're covering themselves in case tomorrow turns out to be snowy after all.

I don't think anyone has a clue really lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Originally it looked like 5cm or maybe 10cm tomorrow, then 5-10cm from the easterly mid week. Now it looks as though tomorrow will be a non event at low levels, but there could still be some snow showers from the North Sea on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. They're covering themselves in case tomorrow turns out to be snowy after all.

I don't think anyone has a clue really lol!

But to be fair they would place a yellow warning then upgrade closer the time not an amber then downgrade..?

Posted

Had the lightest of light snow falling just before.

Barely worth a mention really.

But you did though! :p

I still betting on tomorrow being a rain/sleet turning to snow event I really do, uppers tomorrow afternoon will be around -5 to -6 and with offshore winds and lowish thicknesses then that could be enough to support snowfall if the PPN is heavy enough.

Using the here and now as a guide, uppers are probably not that much colder atm than they will be by Monday Afternoon and we got reports of light snow and I can confirm its snowing liightly atm, very light infact so its one of those I feel where PPN intensity is key.

IF and its a big if, it starts as snow tomorrow morning, then I'm hopeful it will remain as that for the duraction, whether or not it be the wet stuff or not is a different matter. I think anyone above 100M or so got a really good chance of a covering, lower levels than that will depend whether or not the snow will be dry enough to stick

Posted

If we get a formed trough on Tuesday or some really potent showers, 5-10cm is easily possible. Wednesday looks better than yous are portraying it to be, and afterwards, we stay in a E/SE flow according to the UKMO, GFS and ECM output (UKMO a beaut).

Tomorrow has downgraded big time, but could deliver at some level if we moved about 0.5c down.

If you wake up with snow falling, do a little jig and get your sledge dusted. If you wake up with rain or sleet, be patient (but cry silently).

Posted

IF and its a big if, it starts as snow tomorrow morning, then I'm hopeful it will remain as that for the duraction, whether or not it be the wet stuff or not is a different matter. I think anyone above 100M or so got a really good chance of a covering, lower levels than that will depend whether or not the snow will be dry enough to stick

I've got a feeling i'm going to have to drive up a hill to get my fix tomorrow, this light stuff is so underwhelming!

What would be most devastating is for it to be snowing heavily and forming big puddles tomorrow :(

Posted

The 850s tomorrow would be cold enough if the cold had became entrenched this weekend, but unfortunately the initial easterly never really happened so its not, and that could be enough to tip the dew points etc too high. I think it'll be sleety snow rather than rain, but obviously that's a bit disappointing.

Posted

Extremely-perfect-fantastic-reliable-snowometer

0.5 - extremely light

1 - very light

1.5 - light

2 - light to moderate

2.5 - moderate

3 - moderate to heavy

3.5 - heavy

4 - very heavy

4.5 - torrential

5 - severe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snowing in Morpeth

welcome to the forum :)

Posted

Extremely-perfect-fantastic-reliable-snowometer

0.5 - extremely light

1 - very light

1.5 - light

2 - light to moderate

2.5 - moderate

3 - moderate to heavy

3.5 - heavy

4 - very heavy

4.5 - torrential

5 - severe

I'll concur 1.5 atm haha the intensity has definitely increased from when it started, i'm still like mellow.png atm though haha

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, January 13, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, January 13, 2013 - No reason given

Whats Weather ?

You're in the right place to find out! :D

Look outside and you should see some, although you seem to be on another planet so maybe not...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

The band of snow seems to be getting its act together could drop a few cm's in a few locations. Just hope one of them is mine.

Posted

The snow is becoming slightly heavier now. I reckon East Yorkshire could see a cm or 2 if it keeps pepping up.