Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow views with photos or videos of your favourite places

Posted

hi

The idea of this is to have a quick reference for those who love to see snow shots, be it stills or video links. They can be from anywhere, just drop a photo in here or a video.

The Alps I suppose with a number of us skiing each year, north America, the Scottish ski resorts (they should be white in the next 48-72 hours, or outside your back door if this cold spell and any others this winter deliver to your doorstep.

Drop in here to escape the frenzy and sometime, despite the best efforts of admin and the mods, a sometimes not very happy or friendly place.

I'll set the ball rolling with, guess where as I will be there in 9 days time. At the moment it is as perfect as it could be, deep powder snow, no wind and mostly blue skies with superb visibility.

This link will take you to a 360 degree web cam above where the Lauberhorn downhill races will mostly start from during the latter part of this week. You can then click on the link for two others, one at the First ski area above Grindewlad and another from one of the hotels a bit above the same village.

enjoy folks.

http://panocam.panomax.at/lauberhorn

Posted

Our Favourite place is Levi in Finland which is doing pretty well at the moment

http://www.levi.fi/en/levi-info/maps-and-cameras.html

pick any of the cameras for a great snow fix...

FC

Posted

work continues to finalise the finish area after the first practice yeaterday; the forecast looks a bit iffy for the downhill, poor visibility at times and falling snow, wind okay but they must be chewing their nails at the moment?

http://www.lauberhor...ngId=2?langId=2

The downhill start gate is the smaller cabin to the front and right of the larger one

No training run today at the Lauberhorn

After two successful training runs at the Lauberhorn the teams and organizers decided to go without a third training today.

I suspect that is in part due to the weather, poor visibility in places and more snow at times which the organisers will be keen to get swept off the course.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

The combined had a good day weather wise and it looks as if the snow predictions for today spoiling the downhill were too pessimistic with lots of blue showing on the video cam at the top. Shame my tv will not show it live.

A lot of folk already at the start area race on at 1230 Swiss time

http://panocam.panomax.at/lauberhorn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This is my favourite webcam at the moment, I sure do miss this place..

webcam_2_1280.jpg?counter=1358586719692

http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/gondolen/webkamera_eriks_640_2.php

• 1 month later...
Posted

Unfortunately most of my favourite places are in warmer areas like the Caribbean!

I do however like Trento in Italy and here is a shot of the Piazza del Duomo in the snow - it's not one of mine.

Trento-Piazza_del_Duomo_in_the_snow.jpg

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2