Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 12th January 2013>

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Looks like this cold spell could be epic for those of us west of the tamar.cray.gifcray.gif

Just think of us while your building your snowmen.

Posted

So far just cold rain on the Hampshire coast..right on the coast pretty much, not expecting anything today. Looking forward to Monday though.

Keeping an eye on all the radar's I have and the models you never know :-) always harder for me near the coast to get much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Anyone else just see the weather on news24, showed first band that comes in late Sunday night really just fizzles out, the one coming in behind it however had our region in the snow and lots of it, the snow line on the forecast was down in Devon!

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

We should not get to down in the west about Sunday/Monday snow chances still time for things to change in our favour. It's going down to the wire, any further adjustments west then BINGO. Unlike rain snow is much harder to predict and things do and probably will change within a few hours of its arrival

Could not have put that better!!

Posted

that golden yellowy orange thing that used to be in the sky circa.2011, I forget what it was called now, but it used to make people wear dark glasses and smile a lot.

I've had some bits of blue sky here for nearly an hour now, I don't know whether to be happy about it or not!

I think I'd rather have some snow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

6.4c here, bursts of moderate rain, Should be better day tomorrow, Might see little Sun, Rare commodity at moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

as it stands the air is not cold enough its being mixed in with warm air from the southeast for this to turn to snow we need a more deeper feed of easterlies northeasterlies even better so i myself would say although cold dp dont support snowfall.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=sou&CONT=ukuk&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=1&BIG=0&ZEIT=201301121145&UP=1

Edited by model rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Anyone else just see the weather on news24, showed first band that comes in late Sunday night really just fizzles out, the one coming in behind it however had our region in the snow and lots of it, the snow line on the forecast was down in Devon!

Yeah, I noticed that. Wouldn't read too much into it but was nice to see.

I also think that tomorrow's PPN could be a little more organised than what the BBC are forecasting, based on the NMM.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still just your bog standard cold rain here 3.4c

Posted

Still just your bog standard cold rain here 3.4c

Doubt you'll see anything tonight.

Tomorrow night a little more interesting for you. Ian suggesting a possible 5cm on your hill. :p

Posted

Hmm in Newbury either those are big rain raindrops or there is sleet mixed in .....

I'm thinking that here in Taunton... It's a pain, because there is no real way to find out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Dry with chinks of 'sunshine' currently....now there's a novelty!

Cold though in a gusty easterly breeze

Posted

A little positive on the long term.

Taken from the MOD thread;

MOGREPS Update: About half of the MOGREPS ensembles show a big Atlantic slider low for next Friday, could be a lot of snow if that came off. Additionally, very good ensembles in the longer term, most have HP over Scandinavia or Iceland, two have a UK high.

Could be a very long rollercoaster ride this. Very interesting week coming up.

Posted

Looks like this cold spell could be epic for those of us west of the tamar.cray.gifcray.gif

Just think of us while your building your snowmen.

I bet it won't just be the "West of the Tamar" folk who miss out.

But, there will probably be "The No Snow Club" to join, where the snowless can drown their sorrows together.

I bet there will be quite a few members. We are all in it together at the moment (where have I heard that recently?!) and there might be some sort of consolation in being the longest serving member? An award or something, letters after one's name?smile.png

Posted

Afternoon peeps,

Temp 4.5C right now down from 6.1C at around 8am this morn,so a steady drop in temps,light rain,not really expecting anything wintry today,but tomorrow onwards could be fun n games,sledge at the ready ;-)

Gleno.

Posted

Still raining in soggy Southsea, 13mm since last night! 7C still too. Not expecting any snow down here, so if we do get a surprise flurry it will be a bonus good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I shouldn't wish my life away. But come in Monday! Hurry up and get here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

No they aren't for me either.... I modified mine a couple of days ago and it's not showing

Actually - after posting this mine is showing! Doh! Sorry... Have you checked your settings?

Edited by khodds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I'm thinking that here in Taunton... It's a pain, because there is no real way to find out!

Yeah occasionally a big blob catches your eye.... No as I write more ones looking white ....and it could be just that I am just standing withouty coat it feeks colder..