Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

hi new here just asking will it snow in East london if so how much thanks very much

Hi, i think it's a case of looking out of the window and looking at the radar.

Or you could ask one of the experts on hererofl.gif

Posted

So are ppl

Saying the chance for snow is over now ? Confused . Com

No. The latest GFS run has thrown a wobbler. But it is pretty naff in terms of nailing ppn to be fair. NAE looks more realistic. However this will change many many more times over the next 24-36hrs!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

and the new thread that only garauntees snow. GFS still looking more marginal Monday for snow, but latest FAX & NAE look better.

Guess things won't get resolved until T-2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

I love the whole "will it, won't it", the anticipation, just enjoy the ride crazy.gif . Monday is still looking good.....stick with it. And, if we don't get the snow that is so wanted, well, they'll be other times. At least it's colder now and more seasonal. I say all this and am now off to do a snow dance blum.gif . PS. still patio light watching and still have sleety stuff blowing around. Be great to wake up to a little dusting x

Posted

Latest fax charts are out.

96 hrs http://www.meteociel...ax96s.gif?12-12

120 hrs http://www.meteociel...x120s.gif?12-12

I don't think many on this thread will complain!

I see people are worrying about Monday... This is the first time that I have seen people taking gfs close range snowfall forecast seriously in 9 years on here. Go for one of the high res close range models like the NAE... It may still change but I am increasingly confident that for Reigate, at least, it will be snow!

Posted

Think I am in the minority so I will say this really quietly but I don't really want snow this week - too much to do and places to go.

A real novice at reading the charts so can anyone help me with the current prdiction for the Croydon area on Monday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

the 48hr NAE chart is good for our region as it shows more precip coming se. just a note having followed nae forecasts in 2009/2010 and dec 2010, they have a habit of changing, run to run re the intensity and placement of the snowfall. however, this is a good start for us.

During the tricky afternoon period too, it may downgrade but the intensity of precipitation doesn't suggest it's decaying badly and may deliver more, at lower ground temperatures over night. Maybe it's the nice curled over occlusion that showed up on the fax charts earlier.

No. The latest GFS run has thrown a wobbler. But it is pretty naff in terms of nailing ppn to be fair. NAE looks more realistic. However this will change many many more times over the next 24-36hrs!!

ty for your reply ... So many ppl are saying its over winter is done its so confusing when your new and learning ! Once again ty for your reply

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, buckets of the stuff!!!

Hi ppl, very new to all this, some great ppl on here and obvious with a wealth of knowledge, but I dont think i can take anymore lolsmile.png ( i know i wont be going anywhere tho i'm hooked now!). Ive been following this for about two weeks now.

One minutes its party time and the next peeps are jumping off a cliff and thats with the same run in the same area very confusing for us new comers or is it just me?