Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angelici Magiovinium

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Welcome to the new thread everyone:

These regional threads are geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and talk about your local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out and also to enjoy reading informative posts, we are lucky to have members with extensive knowledge in meteorology who are only to happy to share their thoughts with the rest of us.

The forum is extremely busy at the moment so in the interests of keeping the regional threads running smoothly please before you post just think about whether you'd be interested in what you're saying were someone else to post it. Pointless one liners and posts just asking if/when/where it will snow or worse still saying it’s not snowing in my location, may well be deleted to ensure ease of use to all members during this period.

Also during this busy time the member’s locations have been temporarily switched off to save resources on the servers if you haven’t already done so please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

Now might be a very good time to get the NW radar, a one month subscription is just £3.49 https://www.netweath...session_timeout

I suspect most of us will be very happy within the next few days; some may not but in any event let’s try to keep the thread topical, cheerful and positive for all our sanities.

Thank you angel.gif

Link to the previous one here…….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75506-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-january-11th-2013/page__st__780#entry2482218

Jo S

• photo-thumb-9216.jpg?_r=1357837980
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 6 minutes ago

snapback.pngMKsnowangel, on 12 January 2013 - 02:31 , said

Oh dear........I think we better have a new clean thread for the morning doh.gifLol sorry me and my big mouth

Hmmmmm. . ..post-11193-0-12353700-1357954980_thumb.j

Good night all. good.gif

Good night all. good.gif

Night night

Jo S

• photo-thumb-9216.jpg?_r=1357837980
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 6 minutes ago

snapback.pngMKsnowangel, on 12 January 2013 - 02:31 , said

Oh dear........I think we better have a new clean thread for the morning doh.gifLol sorry me and my big mouth

Hmmmmm. . ..post-11193-0-12353700-1357954980_thumb.j

Yep i dont want to dig an even bigger hole for myself sorry.gif

heres a ramp chart

too much choice

gens-20-0-192.png?18

gens-20-1-192.png?18

gens-20-2-192.png?18

goodnight all lazy.gif

Night night

Morning :-)

Keep looking at the charts, Monday looks brilliant for widespread snow across this area.

Only three more sleeps sorry.gif

ok now its too quiet..

Yes I think tonight will be the last quiet one for a while,some people even if no chance of snow in their area will stay on here tomorrow night just in case...

Yes I think tonight will be the last quiet one for a while,some people even if no chance of snow in their area will stay on here tomorrow night just in case...

you mean like me lol!

you mean like me lol!

Don't worry you won't be the only Herne Bayite on here tomorrow night,when not on nights I can't sleep but this becomes a great problem when I have to leave here at 4am for my day shifts...

Just to keep us ticking over, here's Monday evening's snow risk again from the GFS 18Z

post-9962-0-20913500-1357958228_thumb.pn

Just to keep us ticking over, here's Monday evening's snow risk again from the GFS 18Z

post-9962-0-20913500-1357958228_thumb.pn

Hi Jezzer looks like that heavy ppn in the Channel/French coast could hit us here in East Kent if the Easterlie starts...

Hi Jezzer looks like that heavy ppn in the Channel/French coast could hit us here in East Kent if the Easterlie starts...

I'm afraid to say that the chart is showing the likelihood of snow (% chance), not the anticipated precipitation.

I'm afraid to say that the chart is showing the likelihood of snow (% chance), not the anticipated precipitation.
Yep, just the risk. Would be nice if reds indicated totals. Its' in the lap of the weather gods; suffice to say I'll be dusting of the sledge

Thanks Sno...did not check the key....well at least the chance is not being reduced due to crossing the warmer sea like it does under certain synoptics

morning all, last night of night shift today then back on days next week in time for the sledge to come outdrinks.gif ..expect the regionals to get very busy from sunday onwards..lol clapping.gif

No changes on the NAE midnight run, if anything patchy rain, sleet or snow today (Saturday) will be South of the Thames.

Looking good at T+48 with all the snow ganging up North and West moving towards us ohmy.png

New Met regional forecast:

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

More general snow developing Monday, then rather brighter Tuesday and Wednesday with sunny intervals and snow showers, mainly in the east, perhaps locally heavy. Very cold with hard overnight frosts.

Going to get decidedly cold, I'd put the electric blanket on now! cold.gif

post-9962-0-10495600-1357964114_thumb.pn

Going to get decidedly cold, I'd put the electric blanket on now! cold.gif

If verified, that would be on comparison with the December 2010 snowfield temperatures :o

If verified, that would be on comparison with the December 2010 snowfield temperatures ohmy.png

Yep as I mentioned on the model thread, RAF Benson near Oxford could be posting some very low temps! There will be plenty of happy people waking up to this