Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

we just drove back from Cwmbran and it was dry when I left there, on way home down m4 temp was showing 4.5 for most of the way and some small amounts of rain and sleet, got back home and was rain except for when I got right outside my house it was sleet and a few flakes nothing to shout about but it was rain when I left this morn and quite heavy as well, and the temp is showing 3 outside my house.i am quite high and do norm do quite well if it does snow but it has stopped now and even if it hadn't it could have done that for 500 yrs and it wont have stuck ha ha very very light in nature.is there any rain/snow forcast for later guys? I get a feeling if anything heavy comes out of the sky it will fall as snow here now as it has gone much colder from this morn.

Posted

Very light snow (snizzle) here now - but no sign of rain drops so we've reached the snow point - temp much of a muchness with earlier (2.7c currently) but the air has got a lot higher so dewpoint is now -1.6c, which makes the snow unsurprising. Would love to see a bit more precip though...

Posted

Very light snow (snizzle) here now - but no sign of rain drops so we've reached the snow point - temp much of a muchness with earlier (2.7c currently) but the air has got a lot higher so dewpoint is now -1.6c, which makes the snow unsurprising. Would love to see a bit more precip though...

I also think if there was more precip it be snow now,as it feels much colder and what Is falling is not rain its a mix ov white stuff ha ha

Posted

outside thermometer showing 1 degrees C here in upper boat, pontypridd. bitterly cold easterly wind, no rain just damp.

Hmm yes, I'm very near you and so far all I've witness is a little drizzle about half an hour ago.

Should be soon though, if reports are correct!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Being on the far west coast and low down in Aber, I hope I don't completely miss out this coming week!!

Posted

Being on the far west coast and low down in Aber, I hope I don't completely miss out this coming week!!

Yeah same here on the North Wales coast (Colwyn Bay) but more often than not we do miss out. Now i have learnt to just expect rain and its a nice surprise if we get the white stuff smile.png

Edited by RainyNWales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Looking at the radar, rain/snow should be coming in the next hour or so http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

Immortal beat me to it! :)

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Nae at 36hrs seems not to like my area (Cardiff) lol...

post-17320-0-81859200-1358003380_thumb.g

Posted

Light snow continuing here, a little heavier than before, not really settling but it's seriously thinking about it - increasingly likely as temps drop away, 2.3c now, dp -1.5c. I expect this precip currently over me to head away south soon but I might be wrong. Looks like a heavy blob out near Hereford right now, places like Hay-on-Wye & Glasbury may be in line for some white stuff soon.

Posted

outside thermometer showing 1 degrees C here in upper boat, pontypridd. bitterly cold easterly wind, no rain just damp.

EDIT Sorry guys - I mis-read my thermometer - +4 degrees C here. very sorry.

Posted

good winter everyone !! rain here in newport is turning to sleet-icy rain at my house but rain down in the town .

Posted

Starting to rain here in Cardiff, very blustery winds however.

NAE - good news is that the snow forecast area has increased as dewpoints are lower. The mild sector is further away to the south.

The bad news is that as the mild sector is further away to the south, so is the precipitation. For most of Wales precipitation totals are not above 2-5mm. Better though for N Coast over 10mm here.

Later Monday though NW Winds, -5c 850HPA, sub 528 dam. Dp around 0c.

Posted

Latest reports on the ground - SNOWING IN ABERTILLARY AND EBBW VALE - and I can see the snow coming closer and closer to Pontypridd - should be snowing here within the next hour - Easterly winds have been really getting going and the SNOW IS ON IT's WAY - NOW THEN - Where did I put that snow shovel!

Posted

NAE - good news is that the snow forecast area has increased as dewpoints are lower. The mild sector is further away to the south.

The bad news is that as the mild sector is further away to the south, so is the precipitation. For most of Wales precipitation totals are not above 2-5mm. Better though for N Coast over 10mm here.

Later Monday though NW Winds, -5c 850HPA, sub 528 dam. Dp around 0c.

BBC showing the band of snow covering Cardiff, would you think this would be the case when it comes to the day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Just started sleeting here. Temp starting to fall fairly rapidly too.

It's more snow than rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It's bright here with some sunshine, breezy and feeling colder now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Temperature is diving. Just 1.6c now. Pretty much all snow/ Not settling tho