Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'm gonna pay for the net radar but first before I do so will a complete novice like myself be able to read it? Coz most of the time the pics people post on here are all way over my head - I want something that shows snow moving in on Basildon smile.png cheers x

You will find it very straightforward and it will give you exactly what you're looking for EC!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I've paid I now have radar :) seems a bit of a mine field but I'm sure a blonde Essex girl can work it out right?

Posted

Would I be able to pay for only one month subscription?

I believe you can yes!

Onto the longer term, just seen this great bit of news from GP in the model thread:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Would I be able to pay for only one month subscription?

Yeah I only paid for a month £3.95 can add it again next month if need be :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

OMG just had a look and my netweather radar subscription has expired! It's weird, when you have it you kind of take it for granted that it's always there!

Anyway, morning peeps!

Looking forward to seeing a bit of the white stuff this weekend and early next week looks very tasty so far!

Posted

Anyway, morning peeps!

Looking forward to seeing a bit of the white stuff this weekend and early next week looks very tasty so far!

Morning AH! I think you're in a prime spot to be snowed in!! :clap:

251681_4050648023533_953376916_n.jpg

Coast I can't make this picture my profile pic it don't want to work..

I think it's too big, needs to be much smaller

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Nice to see so many of you getting the NW radar subscription - I take it that means confidence is high and we will all be watching big pink blobs soon ! I just had a look at my snow risk for the next 4 days (I know some people say not to take any notice of them but what the heck) I've got 70% Sat, 80% Sun, 80% Mon, and 50% Tue

.........it put a smile on my face anyway smile.png

See what a small bit of advertising can do ;)

Morning all,

Nice to see so many of you getting the NW radar subscription - I take it that means confidence is high and we will all be watching big pink blobs soon ! I just had a look at my snow risk for the next 4 days (I know some people say not to take any notice of them but what the heck) I've got 70% Sat, 80% Sun, 80% Mon, and 50% Tue

.........it put a smile on my face anyway smile.png

No..It's thanks to my epic advertising Ali :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

I'm liking GP's thoughts from an IMBY perspective, we normally do well with heights to the N/E. Usual caveats apply.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just got the radar looks very good!

It's well worth it in snow events. Very accurate with whether it is snow as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

251681_4050648023533_953376916_n.jpg

Coast I can't make this picture my profile pic it don't want to work..

Could be down to the server-saving measures that are currently in place, S?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Morning AH! I think you're in a prime spot to be snowed in

Models have consistently shown lots of snow for East Kent but that doesn't mean much with level of consistency we've seen from them lately!

Personally I think that we will not be able to read too much into the precipitation charts more than 12 hours from any event and more than ever it will come down to now casting and radar watching.

Basically, snow forecasting is a hard game at the best of times, most of the forecasted snow seems to be coming from slider situations and these are particularly troublesome. I actually find convective situations much easier to forecast and there will be some of this too.

Posted

I have spent the last 15 minutes in the mod thread, gnashed teeth,thrown toys,spat dummies etc. Total carnage in the madhouse today and the models with the exception of the GEM are not that bad. The ECM has found a new evolution but is still good for short term cold, there is a lot more flux this morning and we still dont have model agreement even in the shorter term which I find incredible. Anyway I'm rambling now so I'll get to the point....... colder from tonight snow potential increasing Monday/Tuesday. But with model volatility post 120hrs and FI around 72 hrs we should just concentrate on this weekend.

J

The pattern that seems to be gradually evolving is one that is essentially cold but with somewhat lower pressure than we see with some very cold anticyclonic winters. So maybe not the bonecrushing low temps of Jan 1963 but plenty of chances of seeing the wintry stuff and no need to worry too much about daytime temps edging slightly above 0C in the models. In areas that are lucky enough to receive any significant snowfall temps may not creep above freezing anyway. Re the GEM that shows slightly milder conditions in the medium term but cold returning in the far FI period so if that verified it wouldn't be too bad at all eventually.

Posted

Just managed to work out how to change my avatar using the iPad so it's looking promising that ill be able to work the radar out - happy days x

Posted

Yes.. snow possible tomorrow for areas south of the M4. Snow showers along coastal counties on Sunday with the possibility of some pushing inland. Potential for some more notable snow Monday night into Tuesday and further snow potential thereafter. Remaining cold - very cold throughout with some sharp frosts. smile.png

Do you know how happy to see that saying "Snow SOUTH of the M4!" Justice is served for a change.

Posted

Basically, snow forecasting is a hard game at the best of times

'Forecasting snow? Hardest game in the World!!'

post-6667-0-57251200-1357898949.jpg

Posted

Such a messy looking 06z!!

What I do like about it though is the front re-energizes as it reaches the SE on Tuesday morning. We could do with it arriving a few hours earlier just to reduce any hints of marginality for the coastal/far south areas but I think most places would be good for 3-5cms if that came off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Current alert level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 0949 on Fri 11 Jan 2013

There is a 70% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/snow between 0600 on Saturday and 0600 on Tuesday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

The snow event on Monday may bring 2 to 5cm quite widely across England as it spreads southeastwards, with greater than 5cm falling over hills. This warning may be extended early next week.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Posted

I just wish today's charts continued the 18z theme from yesterday for next week - no chance!!!!

06z shows zonal returning! I don't like it.

Hopefully some snow for me here in Essex on Monday evening but given the way things chop and change I won't get excited until its snowing outside.

2 days ago it was suppose to be snowing in my area tomorrow PM according to the models.

That's vanished so I won't be surprised if any potential snow vanishes for next week as we creep closer!