Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all! :)

Dank and murky here. The car showed 3C on the drive in to work, which was a bit warmer than the drive home last night.

Posted

Kent looks like doing fairly well from Saturday?

Looks like my location about 50 miles to far north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

canapés this weekend

starter served Monday

main course on Wednesday

wouldn't be at all surprised if there were second helpings on offer before desert gets served

a veritable snow feast!!

Posted

I couldn't care less (on a personal level) where the main band of precipitation goes, or whether it's rain, sleet, snow or transitory. I do best out of snow showers in these events in any case, so as long as they're forecast afterwards, I'm happy enough. :)

I prefer a proper winter storm to this weather type though, even though it's now been many years since that type of event where I live.

Posted

Got a 100 mile drive down to the South Coast tomorrow

Well if you want the snow, you know where to go.... :whistling:

Morning all!

uksnownext3to6days.cc23.jpg

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/static/uk/next3to6days/snow

Posted

Latest GFS has a snow threat right the way through to next Thursday, apart from Tuesday:

132_20.gif

138_20.gif

144_20.gif

150_20.gif

Posted

Morning SE&EA'ers

Looking very interesting from Monday onwards: band of snow in to north-western parts then travelling south. More interest thereafter.

MOD hard work again this morning due to usual suspects looking for and bemoaning 'the end' to the cold spell (currently a week away at the earliest as far as I can tell) I suspect some of that lot would rather stay in front of their screens and, notwithstanding falling snow and ice floes in the Thames, warn us all of impending drizzle and then the 'inevitable' bartlett/hairdryer/zonal express at T384!

I plan to just enjoy the output and then, if it does snow, go outside and enjoy it

Have a good day all

AS

Posted

Morning SE&EA'ers

Looking very interesting from Monday onwards: band of snow in to north-western parts then travelling south. More interest thereafter.

MOD hard work again this morning due to usual suspects looking for and bemoaning 'the end' to the cold spell (currently a week away at the earliest as far as I can tell) I suspect some of that lot would rather stay in front of their screens and, notwithstanding falling snow and ice floes in the Thames, warn us all of impending drizzle and then the 'inevitable' bartlett/hairdryer/zonal express at T384!

I plan to just enjoy the output and then, if it does snow, go outside and enjoy it

Have a good day all

AS

have to agree.. why most ppl are looking to when the dreaded toppler to spoil the party is coming from from next friday is unbelievable.. we are still not sure on what may happen tomorrow!!. Anyway, monday onwards looks good for us lot.

Posted

Mornin, Coast...

Now that is a pretty picture for me! air_kiss.gif

A belter for quite a few eh? I'm very upbeat about the prospects for our region next week and I have to say quite excited for my own particular part of the World.

Yes saw carols forcast today to..Again please do not go with what the BBC graphics are showing. Yes they give good indications but all of us have information ready at our hands that put that forcast out of date.

It is looking very snowy from Saturday night on wards. Mum bought the salt today (I live down a little single track road so the gritters don't come down it) so we have to club together and do ice the paths of eldery ETC :)

Heres hoping!

Posted

Could be one to remember?

I'm not sure if memorable is the right term, although the ease of taking and posting pictures and information means we can always look back at it in years to come. I think it might just be enough to satisfy the snow urges for some in here and if we can get a few snowmen built and a bit of sledging done, then that's a result as far as I'm concerned!

I've already started getting vital equipment ready...

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/11898-eastbourne-070110/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/11900-shaun-white33-no-just-coast/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Morning, well overnight output, has added weight to snow prospect, for our region, with quite impressive 850hpa, for south east plenty off precip chance in the form of the brunt bearing(perhaps) on the side of both snowfall white stuff, with the south east lookin and indeed lower temps, late monday night into tuesday is looking on course for a decent snow,event.with maybe substantial accum,s in and around south east, plenty, to be looking for....:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Fingers crossed everyone for a wintry week next week.

The massive swing from the ECM compared to 12 hours ago just goes to show how pointless it is to look beyond a few days.

I'm still sticking to looking ahead 3 days max for the most likely weather outcome so currently chance of a dusting between now and Monday morning. I am 100% sure there will be snow in the SE between now and then but locations and amounts unknown.

Looking ahead out of the reliable (for me) we have the chance of a good amount Monday / Tuesday.but again stress that is still too far out to give details. As an example looking at the last 4 GFS runs for the precipitation for the SE the amount and intensity has increased each time for the same time frame starting with nothing initially and now showing a large amount (this is for 7 am Tuesday).

Now consider there are more 15 runs of the GFS it does show the futility of thinking snow is guaranteed that far ahead.

We can get a little excited though ;-)

Posted

The best thing I've seen overnight - I didn't see the 18Z update - was the great improvement in the GFS 00Z main run for next week. That one item gives a great deal more confidence to me of seeing a snowy event, in the next few days. Past late next week is really not worth getting excited over, one way or the other, imho. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice days, frost, sunshine, thunderstorms.

I love snow and have travelled where there is 'proper winter' rather than the watered down UK version but I hope this time that the local authorities and train companies pull their fingers out and get organised. It reallt isn't difficult to cope with snow chaps and when London and the SE grinds to a halt it has significant economic impacts that we don't need right now.

Personally I am hoping for a dusting tomorrow!

Posted

NW Extra radar is a thing of beauty so glad I bought it...Coast what are the restrictions posting pics of radar grabs from it to keep others informed?

Well, I've posted thunder and lightning grabs and not been moaned at. I was half expecting a moan though. wink.png

Edited by Steve Colchester