Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 9th January 2013>

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Fair play the mods are doing a brilliant job in the MOD thread. They are being very patient, I would have kicked backside and detonated a few by now. smile.png

To our mods here, you don't know how lucky you are having us cider drinking yokels talking nonsense in your threads. biggrin.png

Oh we do, and we appreciate it. I don't care whether it's the cider or the sloe vodka but this thread is known throughout the forum as being the friendliest and cheeriest regional, long may it continue!!!!

Posted

18z also continuing with a snow event Monday evening;

post-12721-0-84611100-1357855645_thumb.j

Interesting weather continuing to be modelled over the coming days!

I'm liking that dark pink spot of intensity at the bottom of the pale pink splodge, that's right over my hill and Mullender's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I am off to bed but lets just hope that west country snow chances are still with us by friday evening! good.gif

Going to get alot of questions at work in morning I just hope it is still the answer they all want.. mega_shok.gif

I'm liking that dark pink spot of intensity at the bottom of the pale pink splodge, that's right over my hill and Mullender's.

I notced that too... air_kiss.gif

Posted

Well I will be looking forward to the charts in the morning. That's hope everything falls into place. Being right on the coast i don't think I'll see anything Saturday, so ill be keeping an I on next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Must admit this thread is so enjoyable to read. Just an overall much more friendly attitude with occasional banter to witness haha.

Anyway, after what GFS 18z has shown tonight...I really am struggling to contain excitement. Whilst I would never wish chaos or misery on people who find this sort of weather hard going, I won't lie... its almost like a guilty pleasure to see hints of so much snow. (Obviously it will change run to run).

Not existing during the legendary winters of past, I would love to see a supposedly 'once in a lifetime' winter event like that at least once. Not saying winters like 2009/2010 were rubbish obviously as they were amazing..but I've never experienced snow reach a level above the step at my front door yet as what happened to my parents crazy.gif

Naughtily hoping the trend for spells of snow continues..whilst obviously realising that F.I is often volatile.

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Is it too early to start reminding people of the stealth snowman competition?

For those that remember my friend sid....

It begins...

post-8911-0-33166200-1357861040_thumb.jp

He has to have a doggy friend this year....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Is it too early to start reminding people of the stealth snowman competition?

I had forgotten that Jeth!!!

A37 is not going to know what hit it.. rofl.gifrofl.gifph34r.png

anyway must sleep oh and I hope you don't expect me to make a snow poodle!

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I'm excited and I don't even really know which thread I should be in.....

What's the official cut-off between SE and Central Southern?

help.gif

You can choose whichever one you like, there's no rigid line, merely a vague idea of general area. If I were you, I'd stick around in here, we're a friendly lot not generally prone to hysterics if it all goes pear shaped. You may however be nominated as our official stealth monitor who can sneak in and out the other South thread, have a nose around and report back in here.

Posted

I had forgotten that Jeth!!!

A37 is not going to know what hit it.. rofl.gifrofl.gifph34r.png

anyway must sleep oh and I hope you don't expect me to make a snow poodle!

I expect nothing less than a Poodle with a full Lion clip.....tail pompom, silly puffy feet and all.

Posted

You can choose whichever one you like, there's no rigid line, merely a vague idea of general area. If I were you, I'd stick around in here, we're a friendly lot not generally prone to hysterics if it all goes pear shaped. You may however be nominated as our official stealth monitor who can sneak in and out the other South thread, have a nose around and report back in here.

Yes.

I'll be a stealth agent for you guys.

Not them.

Oh what a giveaway....

Posted

Yes.

I'll be a stealth agent for you guys.

Not them.

Oh what a giveaway....

drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Okay, it’s time for a fresh new thread, you can find it here…..

This one is now locked !