Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jan Willem (Gouda-NL)

Many athletes on the beach of Scheveningen, despite the stormy wind and sand banks!

Many athletes on the beach of Scheveningen, despite the stormy wind and sand banks - Sunday, December 30 - 14.22.28 hrs.

Thanks for that! I love Scheveningen (and can pronounce it!) and have friends who live in Gouda.

So do I ,having cycled there many times whilst staying at Duinrell. I also did windsurfing there on a school trip.

• Similar Content

• By ZONE 51
      Today there is the risk of damaging winds in places, gales are likely to affect many areas away from the storm zone, warnings have been issued, trees are quite leafy so a risk of falling trees, damage to some structures is a possibility, most areas seeing very windy weather rather than any damaging winds but Northern Ireland , Wales , Northern England and Scotland would see High Winds in many places, for the South it is likely to be a very gusty day here to, a swath of winds moving through the high risk areas could be enhanced by convective activity so increasing the risk of damage, please see warnings for the areas of risk, i have drawn up a risk map-this using wind strength charts using the main models.
      the map covers thursday and possibly into the early hours of friday to.
      Convective activity is likely for many, this would produce torrential rain, severe squally gusts, hail, there is a seperate thread for this, please use this thread to chat/discuss the winds today.
      -Gale Risk Map
      next is the surface pressure charts
      -UKMO
      -ECM
      -GFS
      NAE precipitation - below
      -NAE precipitation
      next is the GFS Jet Stream 300hpa

data - UKMO/ECM 12z - GFS/NAE 18z