Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

Your best sporting memory of 2012

Quite a few to choose from but mine is without doubt Charlotte Dujardin winning the olympic freestyle dressage. The combination of music rider and horse was magic.I know i've posted this before.

Synchronised winning the Gold Cup with the Champ on board. AP was at work on him all the way around - AP never gave up and once again proved what a top sportsman he is - and as usual put those namby pamby footie players to shame.

Sadly the Grand National claimed the horse's life a few weeks later.

There were plenty. Some of my favourites were Andy Murray winning Olympic Gold and the US Open and Europe's dramatic comeback in the Ryder Cup. Celtic's win against Barcelona is all up there.

Quite agree. And it was a bit of freak accident.

Trouble was Sycrhonised was always a scrambler over the fences ,and i said at the time the grand national was a silly challenge for a Gold cup winner.

I think my main one will be Chelsea winning the Champions League against overwhelming odds- Barcelona and Bayern Munich launched attack after attack but just didn't make the most of their chances, whereas Chelsea were clinical on the occasions that they got chances.

I'll also remember it for Ronnie O'Sullivan's superb display at the 2012 World Snooker Championship plus a couple of sessions early on where Stephen Hendry was also back at his best.

The 2012 F1 season was superb apart from a few dull races in the second half of the season, but can't really remember many stand-out moments.

For me it has to be Mo Farah winning the 10,000 metres - this race takes quite some time and you get exited seeing him in a possible attacking position - you are hoping he will be able to do it but you don't really know, then suddenly he takes the lead near to the end and keeps it - a superb race :)

For me it has to be Mo Farah winning the 10,000 metres - this race takes quite some time and you get exited seeing him in a possible attacking position - you are hoping he will be able to do it but you don't really know, then suddenly he takes the lead near to the end and keeps it - a superb race smile.png

+1 :good:

Europe's astonishing comeback in the Ryder Cup at Medinah has got to be mine - though 2012 was full of great sporting moments.

I can't decide between Mo Farah at the Olympics or England's cricketers coming from behind to win the test series in India, both were such special moments.

Bish

In what was a truly memorable year of sport I find it impossible to name a favourite, but the whole of The Olympics & Paralympics, Chelsea winning The Champions League, and that incredible come back by Europe in the Ryder Cup are all right up there.

Being at the olympic stadium when Jess Ennis practically sealed her gold medal with a personal best javelin throw at the end of

the morning session - the best atmosphere I have ever experienced!

Nothing to choose for 2012 as there's too much to choose from!