Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Observations Of Nature Through The Seasons.

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

we have a pair of wood pigeons which had two chicks back in the summer ,they survived and flew off ,they laid again and although two hatched only one survived .

This was pushed from the nest about a week ago ,the surviving one is very big and fat and will probably leave soon ,another visitor to our garden over the last two weeks or so as been A humming bird hawk moth ,but now seems to have disappeared , local jack daws arrived on our roof this morning in a big group sounded like an army had arrived about 7.15 am ,cheers .

• Like 2

Posted

``montrose3 (1 of 1)-2.jpg

There are several breeding pairs of these rather attractive Shelducks at Montrose SWT.   Over the next month or so winter migrants will increase the numbers.

``montrose3_(1_of_1).jpg

Fading light at the Basin.

• Like 4

Posted

When a Little Grebe emerges from the water with a fish it's very difficult to catch what is actually going on as it's a fair way away and all pretty quick  It appears to flick it's head from side to side while eating the fish but I wouldn't be categorical about this. Very tricky to photograph but got close but certainly no cigar.

Fish 6.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Cant wait for this.

A decade ago, the landmark television series Planet Earth redefined natural history filmmaking, giving us the ultimate portrait of life on Earth. Planet Earth II, narrated by Sir David Attenborough, will reveal our planet from a completely new perspective, using significant advances in both filming technology and our understanding of the natural world.

And if you are not excited enough already it features an original score by legendary composer Hans Zimmer.

Coming soon! 

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm not sure how many of you come onto my pages at all, but should you want to investigate, the links to them are as follows. I'm always happy to share topics of interest and other links on there, should you want to promote something.

naturestimeline

and

naturestimeline StandUp4Nature

• Like 3

Posted

We probably won't see a Beast from the East but at least some twitchers can say they saw a 'bird from the east'....

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/rare-siberian-accentor-attracts-hundreds-to-easington-car-park/story-29808831-detail/story.html

New_SWNS_BIRD_WATCHERS_22.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Deleted

Edited by ciel
Made a mess of inserting files and text

Posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/14/twitchers-flock-to-village-car-park-to-catch-glimpse-of-rare-sib/

Hundreds of twitchers descended on a small village on Friday after a rare bird never seen in mainland Britain before landed - in a car park.

The massive crowd of birdwatchers travelled to Easington in Yorkshire to catch sight of the Siberian accentor.

It is thought it has been brought to the UK on relentless easterly winds which saw exceptional numbers of Siberian birds touching down on British soil.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Autumn has arrived in the chestnut trees over here in Limousin, and I was totally captivated by an encounter with a Muscalid this afternoon on my cycle ride. He/she was either a Polecat or a European Mink and loped across the road in front of me, before stopping for the briefest of moments for a stare at my bike! Then off into the undergrowth. I have lots of raptor encounters too, as you are so quiet on a bike that most of nature doesn't even notice you, sometimes the birds glide right overhead.

IMG_2026.JPG

• Like 3