Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

2013 F1 Season

The BBC have today announced that Suzi Perry will present the BBC's Formula 1 coverage from the start of next season, replacing Jake Humphrey who has joined BT's new sports channel.

The BBC also confirmed that the British, Belgian, Italian and Brazilian Grands Prix are among 10 races that will be shown live on terrestrial television. However, the Monaco Grand Prix, Singapore Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will not be shown live on the BBC.

The BBC's Live Grands Prix are

China, 14 April

Spain, 12 May

Canada, 9 June

Silverstone, 30 June

TBA*, 21 July

Belgium, 25 August

Italy, 8 September

Japan, 13 October

India, 27 October

Brazil, 24 November

* venue yet to be confirmed by Formula One Management

The rest of the BBC's presentation team for 2013 "will be confirmed in due course", according to the corporation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20812990

Sky Sports F1's coverage will begin in 8 weeks time on 15th February 2013 with the F1 Show they will also show all all three February tests and car launches.

Pre season testing starts in just over 6 weeks time the 3 pre season tests are on the following dates all are taking place in Spain

1 Circuit de Jerez (Spain) – 05-02-13 to 08-02-13

2 Circuit de Catalunya (Spain) – 19-02-13 to 22-02-13

3 Circuit de Catalunya (Spain) – 28-02-13 to 03-03-13

Viewers on Sky's F1 channel can watch the races live on TV with Dolby 5.1 surround sound

Commentary next season will again come from Martin Brundle and David Croft, with expert analysis by Damon Hill, Anthony Davidson and Johnny Herbert. Fronting the coverage are presenters Simon Lazenby and Georgie Thompson alongside reporters Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz.

http://www1.skysport...-live-next-year

The 2013 F1 season gets underway on the weekend of the 14th March 2013 with race day on Sunday 17th March from Melboune with the Australian Grand Prix

Edited by Gavin.

Better picks by BBC than last year, Canada usually a much better race than Monaco. The races are also heavily concentrated towards the middle/end of the season

Just to confirm if the TBA race doesn't happen then BBC will show 9 races live out of 19.

Better picks by BBC than last year, Canada usually a much better race than Monaco. The races are also heavily concentrated towards the middle/end of the season

Still preferred this years live coverage from the BBC, not sure how it will go next year without Jake.

Edited by Coast

Still preferred this years live coverage from the BBC, not sure how it will go next year without Jake.

Have to admit hardly watched the beebs coverage last year I found Sky's coverage much better than the BBC's. I wasn't keen on the way they kept going to Garry Anderson during the races, I'll be staying with Sky's coverage again in 2013 on Sky Sports F1 HD

Have to admit hardly watched the beebs coverage last year I found Sky's coverage much better than the BBC's. I wasn't keen on the way they kept going to Garry Anderson during the races, I'll be staying with Sky's coverage again in 2013 on Sky Sports F1 HD

To me BBC1 coverage far better than the Sky alternative, especially the commentaries.

• Like 1

Personally I find the BBC pre/post-race analysis better than the Sky equivalent, but prefer the Sky commentary during the race (Martin Brundle and David Croft work pretty well together for me). I get the Sky version due to having Sky HD rather than Sky Sports.

However I feel that the BBC's package prior to the Sky deal was superior to both- I think the Sky deal led to a lot of the best names being split between the two, although I still somewhat prefer both sets of coverage to what we used to get with ITV.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

However I feel that the BBC's package prior to the Sky deal was superior to both- I think the Sky deal led to a lot of the best names being split between the two, although I still somewhat prefer both sets of coverage to what we used to get with ITV.

Totally agree Ian, it was the best I've seen and they only just got into their stride! Anyway, I have a new Fantasy F1 team to pick next year and I don't think mark Webber will be in it this time.....

Think i'll die of a heart attack if there's another season like last :p It was amazing. Personally, I prefer sky's coverage. Ian is correct when he says about croftie and brundle working together well.

• Like 1

Well with just 47 days until the 2013 season kicks off in Australia on March 17th the first car launch takes place today with Lotus unveiling the E21 at 19:15 tonight this will be broadcast on Sky sports news.

Following Lotus a number of teams will be unveiling there cars between today and Tuesday 5th February when the pre season testing gets underway at Jerez in in south west Spain

2013 car launches schedule

Lotus - January 28th, Enstone.

McLaren - January 31st, Woking.

Force India - February 1st, Silverstone.

Ferrari - February 1st, Maranello.

Sauber - February 2nd, Hinwil.

Red Bull - February 3rd, Milton Keynes.

Mercedes - February 4th, Jerez.

Toro Rosso - February 4th, Jerez.

Caterham - February 5th, Jerez.

Williams will be the last team to unveil there car

Williams - February 19th, Barcelona.

The BBC have today announced that Suzi Perry will present the BBC's Formula 1 coverage from the start of next season, replacing Jake Humphrey who has joined BT's new sports channel.

I like Jake's presenting style, but Suzy has something too.....

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Well, it's looking hunky dory for Mercedes in pre-season testing so far ... after Nico Rosberg's electrics failed yesterday, today Hamilton suffers a brake failure and crashes into a tyre wall.

good almost finish to the first week of testing.

Mercedes have bounced back well 250-300 laps in the last 2 days is pretty incredible.

Biggest thing for me is how close things seem, difficult to draw too much at this stage, but all the talk seems to be that with very changes to the rules, and the big changes for 2014, teams are just continuing to enhance their 2012 cars, so anything that worked well last season has been copied by all now, this having the effect of pushing sauber, force india, mercedes much closer to RB and mclaren.

Good tight season ahead then.

how is it a race when you put the best driver in the fastest car and put it at the front of the grid why not change it about a little

how is it a race when you put the best driver in the fastest car and put it at the front of the grid why not change it about a little

What?

What?

in each race of season drivers set off at different positions on grid wouldnt that be exciting

For Sky F1 viewers, it appears that Georgie Thompson will not be on the Sky Team for this year.

Some interesting things from testing so far. RB look to be holding back on best pace, softs15 laps max in them before dropping off.

Merc and Hamilton look very competitive setting some good distance lap times on the harder tyres.

Shaping up to be a very good season again button still in with a chance, Perez probably not really in the top drives yet, but Hamilton taking Merc up and dragging Rosberg up as well IMHO.

Edited by Iceberg

I will be interested to see how Hamilton compares to Rosberg- this may also give us an insight into how good Schumacher was during his comeback. My prediction though is that Hamilton will generally be a couple of tenths quicker than Rosberg, even allowing for the likelihood of him dragging Rosberg up as Iceberg suggested.

I'm really keen to see how Hamilton does outside of his comfort zone of McLaren. It may be just what he needs, if he can relax concentrate and not be so impulsive.

I'm seriously thinking about him for my Fantasy F! team for 2013, but I want to see how he' settling in first, as he really doesn't know the workings of any other team.

Testing well underway in Barcelona again. 3 weeks today and we into practice for the aussie grand prix! Amazing (Next week the testing session for barcelona live on Sky Sports F1 HD and 3D)

Edited by NUT

Testing well underway in Barcelona again. 3 weeks today and we into practice for the aussie grand prix! Amazing (Next week the testing session for barcelona live on Sky Sports F1 HD and 3D)

Initial reports are suggesting that the 3D coverage looks poor, but this initial stage is always needed.

Another fantastic display by Merc and ham today. Only reinforces my opinion that Merc will be very competitive this year.

All of lasts years McClaren tips will be known by Merc now as well as a few for this year thanks to Hamilton.

Add in the direct work by Merc with the engines and the brawn.shum tips from last year and it all spells a good car.