Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

if what the models are showing at the moment comes off what kind of weather can we expect in the midlands?

they wont come off how they are showing now, not all of it anyway, but the talk for the weekend is a possible snow event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

they wont come off how they are showing now, not all of it anyway, but the talk for the weekend is a possible snow event.

i see but its so quiet on here compared to the other regional boards!

Posted

Snowfest showing for you on Saturday, unless of course you are in cornwall

Certainly looks interesting for the region away from Northern most counties, though a degree of marginality involved.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Certainly looks interesting for the region away from Northern most counties, though a degree of marginality involved.

Not again Ian, its still FI snow locations unknown yet, 18Z gives a bit for the north

Posted

Hey shezale, we normally are a quiet bunch, however for many of us in the more northern area of our reigon it might not be so great, Southern areas of ohr reigion could be in for some great snow, especially if that front stalls well! some very cold temps too possibly, snow cover will help that

Posted

From reading the strat & model threads, I'm pretty certain it's going to get cold even very cold, as for snow, yes for some parts of the uk, don't think we will know where until prob Thursday, must say the strat & model threads make interesting reading

Posted

Hey shezale, we normally are a quiet bunch, however for many of us in the more northern area of our reigon it might not be so great, Southern areas of ohr reigion could be in for some great snow, especially if that front stalls well! some very cold temps too possibly, snow

cover will help that

So like usual we can expect nothing to great in terms of snowfall? No wonder its so quiet lol

Posted

Oh no, by no means am i saying that! there is cross model agreement that somewhere in the middlands could see a substantial amount of snow sat and possibly monday, just cant pinpoint where yet. although i think many middlanders are used to disapoinment so dont want to get excited just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Snowfest showing for you on Saturday, unless of course you are in cornwall

Yep sadly I'll be in Cornwall. Only snow will come in the form of showers I expect. With channel lows ill be well within any mild sector probably.

Ahaha nana every time you say this Ian. Always staffs and Shropshire to miss out. You've been proven wrong many a time with that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

morning all. Looking at nw's snow risk for sat it's got 90percent chance of snow, lets hope it comes off. Well what a day of model watching, lets hope it bares fruit and no last min sboilers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

morning all. Looking at nw's snow risk for sat it's got 90percent chance of snow, lets hope it comes off. Well what a day of model watching, lets hope it bares fruit and no last min sboilers.

yes syed we could be getting our first bit of snow but like always Where and how much still to be desided !

Posted

An unexpected frost this morning — first of 2013. Now clear blue skies, so hopefully a lovely sunny day.

Posted

Saturday beginning to look interesting, Ian F mentions possible snow for Birmingham area, still feel I need a northward movement in low, monday deep FI but many of us in here look to be too far east

Posted

Saturday beginning to look interesting, Ian F mentions possible snow for Birmingham area, still feel I need a northward movement in low, monday deep FI but many of us in here look to be too far east

Do you mean too far west?

Posted

Where's the best place for sledging in the midlands ? Bit more of a fun post instead of doom & gloom

Posted

I'll be done with this winter if what I think happens and Saturdays snow stalls a mere 10 miles south west of here, come on weather gods for once be kind.

Posted

It's bound to move southeast at the last minute and London gets all the action.

Seems a matter of course over recent years.

I'm not gonna take it seriously until it's falling, then I may look at the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Actually got excited just looked at snow chances on NW and we got a 90% chance, and the bbc weather has upgraded us to sleet so things moving in the right direction. It will be alot more clearer tomorrow though when it becomes shortrange lets hope we all see some of the white stuff.

Posted

meto gives me light snow for Saturday, will only be temporary of course, mild air floods back in on monday