Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cheshire gap feed to come tomorrow as well. Roll on Wednesday !

was thinking that actually wet tomorrow, fax charts look wet for wed and thur, maybe dry friday

Posted

was thinking that actually wet tomorrow, fax charts look wet for wed and thur, maybe dry friday

Throwing it down as that squall line on the radar has really pepped up, be with you fairly soon Mark.

Posted

Still feel NW midlands not done with the rain yet, tomorrow looks wet, thurs not great, then monday wettish, tues 8th, very dodgy with heavy rain in the SE, expect NW adjustment on that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ahh yes because it will pan out just that way because the models can accurately predict a week away.

Anyway, the sun is out here in Stourbridge with very little cloud. :D

Posted

Ahh yes because it will pan out just that way because the models can accurately predict a week away.

Anyway, the sun is out here in Stourbridge with very little cloud. biggrin.png

With the sunshine and temperatures on the rise...what you hanging about here for?! I'd be back on that Cornish coast quicker than a flood in Ironbridge. blum.gif

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

With the sunshine and temperatures on the rise...what you hanging about here for?! I'd be back on that Cornish coast quicker than a flood in Ironbridge. blum.gif

Hehe, dont go back till the 11th so got a good week and a bit yet. :)

Cant wait for the true warmer days to begin and enjoy the coast properly! :D

Posted

Not too much in the way of rain today in the end. Patchy drizzle with the odd moderate burst. Fairly grim looking skies.

Late afternoon had all the hallmarks of mist and fog descending tonight. We'll see.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

2012 with 874mm was the wettest year in the Rugby area since 1882 (916mm).

In contrast in central Coventry it was only the wettest since 2007 in spite of having 893mm:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

I'm looking forward th 14th Jan, I've ordered snow lol

In the meantime I'm still looking for reindeer poop on the roof.

Happy new year, folks.

Posted

Perfect winter weather, very mild and dry, I'll take another 10 weeks of this please.

your in luck then, winters finished 14 years ago, 2013 is the modern erå, but today was good, dry and 13.1C, spring day

Posted

your in luck then, winters finished 14 years ago, 2013 is the modern erå, but today was good, dry and 13.1C, spring day

Speak for yourself. Maybe in Stafford you have what you've been calling a 'even larger teapot', but we've had a lot of decent winter weather in recent years thank you very much. As has Lowestoft where I lived from 78 to 98...and North Wales where I lived from 98-01...and particuarly Sunderland where I lived from 01-04.

I admit that when I lived in Gnosall (near Stafford) a few years back, it was one of the snowless places I've ever lived in. So maybe you are just unlucky location wise? But there are certain places in the UK who have had not had a lack of winter weather at all.

Edit: Nice little editing touch there...what's it got to do with a teapot? Have I missed something?

Edited by Gord

Posted

Speak for yourself. Maybe in Stafford you have what you've been calling a 'even larger teapot', but we've had a lot of decent winter weather in recent years thank you very much. As has Lowestoft where I lived from 78 to 98...and North Wales where I lived from 98-01...and particuarly Sunderland where I lived from 01-04.

I admit that when I lived in Gnosall (near Stafford) a few years back, it was one of the snowless places I've ever lived in. So maybe you are just unlucky location wise? But there are certain places in the UK who have had not had a lack of winter weather at all.

Edit: Nice little editing touch there...what's it got to do with a teapot? Have I missed something?

get round the swear filter by using accented letters (alt then 3 digit numbers)

Posted

Why is it a swear though? I don't believe in a mod3rn winter and think we have just as much chance of a prolonged cold spell as we did 30/40/50 years ago...but don't see why is should be edited out? This is a discussion forum and if people want to debate the case for it...why can't they?

Sorry to go off topic but it does puzzle me.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Why is it a swear though? I don't believe in a mod3rn winter and think we have just as much chance of a prolonged cold spell as we did 30/40/50 years ago...but don't see why is should be edited out? This is a discussion forum and if people want to debate the case for it...why can't they?

I dont know, I didnt edit it out, was done by admin, think its weird as it is not a swear word

Posted

Ah well...the mysteries of life.

Talking of mysteries...was quite mild today. Even a few buzzing insects flying around. Would be good to get some sunshine.

Posted

But yes it is an interesting debate, I fully believe in it full throttle, and so does everyone I know, if it wasnt for netweather, I would be unaware of a debate

Posted

I think it's political! A conspiracy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

The sun is shining and it's a lovely day. If cold and snow are a little way off yet, this will do me fine. At least its not raining.

I see on the model thread they are saying a chance of cold mid to late Jan.

Edited by chapmanraven

Posted

Indeed, patches of cloud floating it over making it a bit overcast at times. But today has been by far the best day we've had since the frosty spell at the start of December. Blimey, that seems like a long time ago now doesn't it?

If we can fill the gap between now and the next spell of interesting weather with days like today...then I could stomach that. Sadly, I feel that the rain may make an unwelcome return first.

Can't comment on any potential cold spell later in the month. I am nowhere near qualified to comment except to say that I reckon that it could happen (and that's only based on what I've read by experts!).

Posted

A lovely afternoon in Worcester today. Sunny spells at times and very mild. However the River Severn is very high and is still very close to over topping the banks in places. Of course, the river has only just peaked. Worcester race course is still a giant lake!

Posted

Overall, a much sunnier 3 days this week than expected. It was quite spring-like here this afternoon — nice to maintain the drying outness, we need plenty of it! Just hoping the grass doesn't notice! Fingers crossed for the cold to arrive mid month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Despite my love for cold and snow weather in Winter, I have to admit that this calm, dry spell is proving to be an enjoyable experience. Makes going for a walk, cycle, or other sporting activities quite pleasant with a feeling of Spring in the air. Would still love to see some snowy spells during this Winter still, but at least we do have this settled period of weather to take advantage of.

Posted

Despite my love for cold and snow weather in Winter, I have to admit that this calm, dry spell is proving to be an enjoyable experience. Makes going for a walk, cycle, or other sporting activities quite pleasant with a feeling of Spring in the air. Would still love to see some snowy spells during this Winter still, but at least we do have this settled period of weather to take advantage of.

Yeah and me, but prefer the cold and snow by a mile, weather eye now on Tuesday 8th a potential washout, just hope that fails of course

last Jan was quite cold especially from 13th-17th

Posted

Lovely sunny morning here. Sat24 shows were the sunniest region right now. Long may it continue this. :D