Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

Yeah, autumn like weather all year round, today and tomorrow likely to be warmer than child of nadine, 24th-25th Sep, and Whit holiday 3-5th June

12C with wind and rain is autumn, had it in june, sept, now Dec

Yes it is actually warmer this afternoon than several days of the 2012 Summer.

It's that real hairdryer Atlantic feel out there.

Posted

Rain pepped back up, and radar now showing several hours still to come. It all looked so hopeful earlier.

Posted

Rain pepped back up, and radar now showing several hours still to come. It all looked so hopeful earlier.

Yep, it's really intensified to our south & west and is now moving across us. Yet another stormy tonight beckons by the looks of things.

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must say how mild it was yesterday and today! Really pleasant. Last night was especially mild. Not chilly one bit. Looks like I probably wont see snow this Winter now unless a very severe cold spell develops. Might not be going back to Cornwall for 3 weeks yet but the signals look very poor still.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I must say how mild it was yesterday and today! Really pleasant. Last night was especially mild. Not chilly one bit. Looks like I probably wont see snow this Winter now unless a very severe cold spell develops. Might not be going back to Cornwall for 3 weeks yet but the signals look very poor still.

Sorry i will pick my toys up now! just dont like the môdern winter, but that ECMWF run isnt bad in FI, like yesterdays 12Z, and todays 06Z GFS,

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Not like you to be negative, wet snow certainly seems likely from boxing day through to early Jan, not everyday of course but maybe similar to last Dec

Not been rude,but how do you come to that conclusion about wet snow from boxing day

as an IMBY prospective the temps for the next 7 days range from 7c upto 12c?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not like you to be negative, wet snow certainly seems likely from boxing day through to early Jan, not everyday of course but maybe similar to last Dec

Someone please point to where the charts show any wet snow! I wish mate....:lol:

Posted

you have to feel for GP, puts a lot of time and effort into his forecast and december thus far has been a complete write off for most! the atlantic and polar vortex has been far too strong, with a very unsettled month all in all. hopefully with the traditional run-out-of-steam that occurs in late jan or early feb, we will get our chance at some snow.

Posted

Intense rain over the Midlands this morning, rates on Wunderground sites 4 - 6mm hour around Coventry, heading off that way shortly! Dad said river levels rising rapidly with field run off and some roads closed already such as the main road between Coventry and Rugby, so I need to find a diversion. Loads more to come this afternoon lookking at the radar an inch will fall quite widely.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Intense rain over the Midlands this morning, rates on Wunderground sites 4 - 6mm hour around Coventry, heading off that way shortly! Dad said river levels rising rapidly with field run off and some roads closed already such as the main road between Coventry and Rugby, so I need to find a diversion. Loads more to come this afternoon lookking at the radar an inch will fall quite widely.

Yep, it's been coming down increasingly heavily for the past couple of hours. 10.00mm for the day so far, but most of that has fallen since nine this morning.

Drive carefully, Tony.

Bish

Posted

Cheers Bish

Posted

Stopped raining, and have the now usual, mini-flood around the house. Just about drains away and another lot of rain arrives to make it all come back again.

Posted

The Tame perhaps..

Drove to Midlands this afternoon, encountered floods in the Leamington Spa area, these were at Cubbington and Princethorpe, turned back at the former, drove through the latter about 6 inches deep. Trust me to detour from the main drag! Also the Wye and Severn were badly flooded at Ross on Wye and Tewkesbury, both rivers at least half mile wide! Church Lawford near here was the fourth wettest spot in the UK today having 15.6mm.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Just visiting from south West thread,,,,,,,,,Have Nice Christmas All from an old Brummie

Posted

The Tame perhaps..

Drove to Midlands this afternoon, encountered floods in the Leamington Spa area, these were at Cubbington and Princethorpe, turned back at the former, drove through the latter about 6 inches deep. Trust me to detour from the main drag! Also the Wye and Severn were badly flooded at Ross on Wye and Tewkesbury, both rivers at least half mile wide! Church Lawford near here was the fourth wettest spot in the UK today having 15.6mm.

yes posibily, also many fields were conpletely submerged, i could see a dog litter bin sticking out of the brown murky water near the odeon cinema.

Anyway merry chirstmas to you all!

Posted

The rain has caused a mini land slide in Red Hill, Stourbridge where the sandstone wall has collapsed onto the road. The Road will be closed for some time.

Posted

Here's some footage I took of the River Anker near Atherstone, and this is after the level had dropped by around 2 feet!!

The flooding situation is really frightening at the minute and it seems to be never ending, stay safe everyone out there! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKNjj00DTus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

much better charts showing on 12Z's, drying out from new years day, high pressure dominating, hope its not missing data for Xmas, stopped looking for cold now, and looking for breaks in the rain, best can hope for in the modern erâ

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted

much better charts showing on 12Z's, drying out from new years day, high pressure dominating, hope its not missing data for Xmas, stopped looking for cold now, and looking for breaks in the rain, best can hope for in the modern erâ

The Christmas Data issue is a load of tosh.

There is no mod ern winter erâ

ARGGGHHH.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Thought I'd pop in and see if anything interesting had popped up over Christmas.

Obviously not...if anything the outlook seems even worse, didn't think that was possible!

Never mind, I'll get out of here for a couple of days again. Come back and have another check at the weekend.

I'm tempted just to stay out of here until April and let the weather surprise me!