Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, a nice, clean & polished thread for you all, so carry on here

old thread can be found here --------->

Posted

Wow, just posted at the final second in the last thread before it was locked!

Anyway, all I was saying was something about frost and fog and rain and model runs and forecasts and being patient... blah blah blah

You get the picture!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sorry for cutting you off in mid flow!....I didn't see you typing away!......cut & paste it across if you want smile.png

Posted

That's alright...not a problem!

I think my last post summed it up better anyway.

Particularly the blah blah blah bit, a good response to recent model output I feel!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cool and Misty tonight but high cloud preventing fog and colder temperatures. Very wet over the next few days. Dont mind cloudy, unsettled conditions over Christmas. Makes it more homely inside and more excuse for a hot drink and a mince pie as the Christmas lights twinkle away and more excuse to whack on a film. :D

Posted

Cool and Misty tonight but high cloud preventing fog and colder temperatures. Very wet over the next few days. Dont mind cloudy, unsettled conditions over Christmas. Makes it more homely inside and more excuse for a hot drink and a mince pie as the Christmas lights twinkle away and more excuse to whack on a film. biggrin.png

Completely agree, but last year's weather also meant that we could add a walk over Clent Hills to that list!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cool and Misty tonight but high cloud preventing fog and colder temperatures. Very wet over the next few days. Dont mind cloudy, unsettled conditions over Christmas. Makes it more homely inside and more excuse for a hot drink and a mince pie as the Christmas lights twinkle away and more excuse to whack on a film. biggrin.png

Hope not wet, wanna see things improve, tomorrow looks dryish, maybe damp later, thursday torrential rain all day, friday looks dryish

then 12Z gfs suggests cold Xmas eve and Xmas day with temps of 1C

Posted

don't forget to add tucking into gargantuous quantities of food and drinking enough booze to sink a battleship...When that occurs, who gives a stuff what's happening outside...lol

Posted

So Saturday's gone from being a 12c washout to a 3/4c washout over recent runs, lets hope this southerly trend continues, you just know it won't though.

Posted

the GFS 12z gave most temps of 1c on xmas eve and xmas day, now the 18z gives us an ugly mild fest with them days being 11c, am i surprised ? not in the slightest, i bet it dosen't even rain it will just be a typical partly cloudy mild xmas day

meh

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

Surprise surprise charts now backed off the southerly trend of the weekends low completely, urgh that's December to the bin then.

Posted

Deary me, every night i come home hoping to see things looking up. Granted there's hints here and there of something decent happening...but the overall picture remains grim.

However, I'll keep looking...and waiting...and hoping.

I mean it's only the 19th December...still a lot of waiting time left!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sure to be more flooding across the Midlands today, coventry just had its wettest Dec day for 10 years with 20mm. See the bablake school site

Posted

Posted

Sure to be more flooding across the Midlands today, coventry just had its wettest Dec day for 10 years with 20mm. See the bablake school site

Had to ride through 3 floods to get back from Nuneaton to Bedworth, Astley pool had actually broken it's banks and flooded the road, the last time it did that was in 2007's 'summer'.

It's getting really serious here now with a great amount of flooding of countryside and less than a month since the last floods too :-(

Stay safe out there folks!

Posted

I expect stafford town centre to flood on Xmas eve, not bad yet, although reports of flooding in Stone, this autumn to continue for a bit yet,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I expect stafford town centre to flood on Xmas eve, not bad yet, although reports of flooding in Stone, this autumn to continue for a bit yet,

Its NOT Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

23.3 mm of rain here yesterday brings the two day total to 51.5 mm , very much in line with the total forecast by the NMM model.

I have a lot of faith in that model with regard to projected rainfall totals, it's proved to be accurate, to within a few mm, time and again.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A welcome dry slot for today, feels quite mild at 5oC, have a safe festive season everyone. :)

Posted

Doesn't seem as wet as originally forecast — hopefully, not famous last words!

Posted

Very mild air just lurking to our south-west now...high dew points with them hence the mist and fog that's formed recently here.

Wonder if anywhere can squeeze a 15c this afternoon. If it's going to be this mild, it might as well really go for it!

Posted

Yeah, autumn like weather all year round, today and tomorrow likely to be warmer than child of nadine, 24th-25th Sep, and Whit holiday 3-5th June

12C with wind and rain is autumn, had it in june, sept, now Dec