Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer Sun

Hillsborough single now available

The Hillsborough Single He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother is now available for download please buy it to cover the legal costs for the families of the Liverpool supporters killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

You can download it digitally here https://itunes.apple...her/id581613125 and http://www.amazon.co...721486&sr=301-1 - The CD version can be bought at HMV and Tesco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aQSUIGW56E

I might sound a little wrong by saying this but...surely Christmas is a time of happiness and joy, so why would I want a song related to death and tragedy as the UK Christmas No.1?

I like it but have certain reservations about the purpose.

We have reached a stage now where the cock up the South Yorks Police have been exposed together with the apparent cover up, or are there some amongst the families still after blood? If this is the case it sounds like vengeance which is a negative sentiment of which I can't really see being productive. Justice is one thing but vengeance is something else.

Further enquiries are currently being made the results of which will be submitted to the D of PP with a view to deciding if and who is culpable of any criminal offences and if this is the case they will be sent for trial.

A time must come when it will be best to draw a line under these events whilst learning the lessons that there are to be learned to ensure that a similar occurence never happens again and to teach some senior police officers that they are not God Almighty and this will be the legacy of the victims, who can't be brought back no matter what happens.

To an extent I am suspicious of the lawyers who have a vested interest in the continuence of this matter because it means a continued source of income and in my experience they are no more altruistic than any other section of society.

Maybe I am missing something? This record is to raise money for the victims and families from what was a very tragic day but it was 23yrs ago. We know know there will be new inquests so I don't see what the money is for?

We cannot bring them back, there will be a proper resolution now so surely raising money should be for helping people who are in need now?

Maybe I am missing something? This record is to raise money for the victims and families from what was a very tragic day but it was 23yrs ago. We know know there will be new inquests so I don't see what the money is for?

I believe the money is going towards the families to help cover legal costs.

Wow I'd never heard of the Hillsborough disaster before. 96 people killed, what a tragedy! sad.png

I might sound a little wrong by saying this but...surely Christmas is a time of happiness and joy, so why would I want a song related to death and tragedy as the UK Christmas No.1?

Any that the same as any X Factor christmas single? Oh wait, it causes death and tragedy!

I have bought mine :)

Its a good song, Goes towards a good cause.. Get on it people :)

P.s if any have listened but have not bought it.. please do.

Its a good song, Goes towards a good cause.. Get on it people smile.png

P.s if any have listened but have not bought it.. please do.

Hopefully it will be Number at 1 instead of the X Factor winners single.

I still don't get what the money is for?

The lawyers to date have been working for free and the government said today it will cover all 96 families legal costs involved with the new enquiry?

I do understand if there are costs to cover but cannot see the reason if its just for the sake of throwing money at the victims?

Someone please put me straight.

Hopefully it will be Number at 1 instead of the X Factor winners single.

Today is the day when the Xmas number 1 will be revealed currently top of the iTunes charts is The Justice Collective He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother with James Arthurs Impossible second