Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who has not even seen a flake of snow yet this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nothing so far...and judging by the way the models look at the moment, I won't be seeing any falling snow, let alone lying snow this side of New Year.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Not a flake so far this season but as it is still early in the season i dont mind. I have had hardly any snow though since the end of the dec 2010 cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Nothing so far and have had nothing since Dec 2010

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nothing so far and have had nothing since Dec 2010

Wow!

In reality, this place is good for snow. Just a bit annoyed we haven't had anything of note yet when many other places have, even in places that you would least expect it. Oh well, there's Jan and Feb and March.. and April.

Posted

absoulute nothing here....i think i live in the worst location in uk

You definitely don't.

Snowed in both Derbyshire and Glasgow - in the latter it lay for around 4 days.

Edited by Harve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Snow this year? come to think of it i dont think i have seen snow since dec 2010, Devon has a truly horrid climate, if anyone has a right to moan its us. Just a few frosts this year, not a day staying below 0 which is very rare any way.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No snow falling or lying yet, just a few instances of sleety rain. Not unusual at this stage in the proceedings.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

one day 27 Oct with a few flakes in a shower during the day-the earliest I remember any snow in this area.

Posted

A few flakes yesterday whilst under a freezing blanket of cloud.

Still this isn't surprising to me and if I think back to my childhood I rarely used to see snow prior to xmas with the exception of 1981.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Good chance of a snow free December the first since 2002. Best chance is tomorrow morning after that it's looking rather remote as temps look to have a slow rise until the end of the month on the present runs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

unreal now, had 3 nights lower than -5C and still not going to see any snow, only Dec though, uppers and seas generally too warm coming off the summer

Posted

I saw some snow on the ground from the train crossing through the Moffat Hills earlier this month ....... But no, not a flake seen in the sky since February.

Not that that's any surprise. Didn't see a single flake in the whole of 2011 either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

No snow here either, don't think we will this side of christmas either!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I was lucky to be in Egham on February 5th and Somerset on February 10th to see two good snowfalls. No snow in Madrid so far this winter and doubt there will be anything significant. Was hoping to experience some winter when I arrive in the UK next week but looks like a continuation of autumnal weather to me.

Posted

Nothing here so far, although only a couple of miles away (and up the hill) near Reading University there was a light dusting of snow in the early hours of last Thursday morning. Plenty of hard frost, though - and yesterday was our first ice day here since December 2010 with a maximum of only -1.1.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

I have had my fair share of snow already to last me to January. Had about 3 -4 centimeters last week which wrecked all the transport on the roads because nothing here in Essex was gritted.

It lay in the garden for three days. Now this week we have had a hard hoar frost for the past three days, day and night which has built up to look like more snow again.

On that basis all the shaded roofs in my town have been white with ice for six out of the past nine days.

Be good to get back to double digits for a while and be able to get out and about without the risk of an accident.

Posted

Managed a couple of light dustings in the morning - last thursday being the last occasion. We don't usually see our first decent snowfall of the season before christmas. March on average delivers more snow in the Lake District than the first part of December. The fells have seen a number of decent snowfalls though.

Hope for one good fall before christmas, but for me nothing beats a decent snowfall between christmas and new year, one that sticks around. Dec 27th 2000 was a superb day in this respect when a few inches fell overnight and stuck on the ground until New Years Eve.

Mind 20/21 Dec 09 was excellent with a foot of snow, this stuck around until the 30th and then turned more or less to ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Hope for one good fall before christmas, but for me nothing beats a decent snowfall between christmas and new year, one that sticks around. Dec 27th 2000 was a superb day in this respect when a few inches fell overnight and stuck on the ground until New Years Eve.

Thats my fav time to get a good snowfall too. Had some snow here during late Dec 2000 here aswell which lasted until new yrs eve.

Had a lovely fall of snow on new yrs eve 2009. Walked to the pub in clear frosty weather with no snow on the ground,started snowing very heavy around 11 pm until about 1 am so we rang in a white new yr, it felt great walking home that night with a nice blanket of snow on the ground.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Normally we are one of first to see Snow around here but hardly seen any apart from a light dusting from last nights fog, some sleety stuff at end of last week and a flurry at end of October.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking at the latest runs and a snow free December is probably on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looking at the latest runs and a snow free December is probably on the cards.

Yeah for south definitely, still not seen any snow or sleet yet