Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 12th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Even the UHI effect can't overcome a cold inversion sometimes in the suburbs of London and also bitterly cold easterlies. In central London though - think it got up to +1C today.

That was borne out by my drive home from Hastings ( cray.gif ) this afternoon. I left there in bright sunshine and clear blue skies with the car thermo reading 4c. It was like that for the first 30 miles up the A21, then it was all change as I approached the M25.

The closer I got to home here in the 'burbs of NW London the more it resembled a Winter Wonderland with rhime/hoar frost still clinging to the trees in the late afternoon. The 1st photo was taken in my friends garden at 8am, the 2nd was the frost on an azalea about the same time, then theres a couple of beach ones taken at Winchelsea about 11am. These are followed by a snap of the frost still evident in Northwood, and finally, a spiders web on my neighbours car !! While Im not happy about being back home it was a nice drive.

post-10628-0-70807000-1355335370_thumb.j

post-10628-0-68995100-1355335404_thumb.j

post-10628-0-13380500-1355335466_thumb.j

post-10628-0-01833700-1355335635_thumb.j

post-10628-0-82705400-1355335663_thumb.j

post-10628-0-55241600-1355335690_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

That was borne out by my drive home from Hastings ( cray.gif ) this afternoon. I left there in bright sunshine and clear blue skies with the car thermo reading 4c. It was like that for the first 30 miles up the A21, then it was all change as I approached the M25.

The closer I got to home here in the 'burbs of NW London the more it resembled a Winter Wonderland with rhime/hoar frost still clinging to the trees in the late afternoon. The 1st photo was taken in my friends garden at 8am, the 2nd was the frost on an azalea about the same time, then theres a couple of beach ones taken at Winchelsea about 11am. These are followed by a snap of the frost still evident in Northwood, and finally, a spiders web on my neighbours car !! While Im not happy about being back home it was a nice drive.

Lovely pics bluebreezer

Temp is rising here grrrr now 1.2

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

heavy rain on the 14th

temps slightly above average 14th -16th

fi is on the 18th-19th

spread of 10 degrees do not look any further at present

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

-6 this morning when I was de-icing the car. Beautiful countryside on the way to work. One of those mornings that makes you proud of the beautiful scenery we have in this country.

Posted

Reached a high of 2.7c here today. Temp dropping now and currently 0.5c. I hope we get another frost tomorrow as I didn't get a chance to take any pics today. The ones posted on here however, are stunning.

Posted

Lovely pics bluebreezer

Thanks Marie. I frequent and post on quite a few websites and one thing that really bugs me is how difficult it is to post photo's on most of them, to the point I don't even bother trying. I can't be doing with the re-sizing and other hoops they make you jump through so a big thank you to Netweather for making it so easy. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes lovely pics on here. Well done all that have contributed in this cold spell...looks like thats it for now though.

I just hope that we get something more interesting shows up on the charts soon...

Posted

Very glad to here about your mum Kate, Not a nice experiance at all. Still wont be to long and the milder set up will be here. As much as we crave for cold and snow,At least people will be able to get about and see family at Christmas time and not worry about travelling.

Thanks Jason, I'm one of the biggest Cold weather fans / rampers... But after mums ice accident today, I'm joining the Mild Weather Fan club!

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Posted

Rime has held fast to the trees all day here at the office near Harefield. It makes even a functional car park of an uninspiring office complex look magical. The only down side is that I am still here and just about to enter my 13th hour of work (that's 13 hours today, not in my entire life...)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just got back from "my local shopping centre" Bluewater, I could have swore that they have had a light dusting of snow, and not just frost, everything that did not have car tyre marks and footprints or melted looked a bright white and soft, unlike everywhere else I've been to today, very Christmasy:-)

Posted

Well if we can't have the cold and snow, I would settle for this as 2nd best for now !!

I was trying to post videos but that didn't work. I'll try again later.

BB54

post-10628-0-08581200-1355343052_thumb.j

post-10628-0-49120300-1355343138_thumb.j

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Temperature 2C now and not dropping, see you'll in January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Temperature -0.5 °C

Windchill -0.5 °C

Dew Point -1.6 °C

Not quite so cold here tonight....still lovely to be in my onsie with a nice hot choccy though - night all lazy.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Temp -3.2C, our location seems to slip in and out of a frost hollow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Temperature here has just reached the dizzying heights of 0.6c, that's the warmest it's been since 5pm last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

crimbo skinclapping.gifclapping.gif