Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 12th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Things have certainly got colder in our part of the World but the warmth of the contributors in here should be enough to take the chill out of things :)

Please try and keep the hot-air to a minimum, polite and topical conversation should see us through the cold Winter and keep frostiness at bay!

20101223153207_hoar_frost_at_sunset.jpg

Posted

Beautiful pic there Coast! I've just taken a pic on my iPhone of the local park... Is there a way of uploading photos onto here via phone?

Yes not mine I hasten to add: http://www.jimmylemon.co.uk/

I guess there is, depending on your phone type and connection?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Temperature -5.4 °C

Dew Point -6.3 °C

Windchill -5.4 °C

Thick hoar frost here, but the fog cleared last night so it's a clear crisp and sunny morning - needless to say writing the Chrimbo cards and wrapping presents can wait....I'm going out to play !

Something was falling from the sky here late last night, snizzle due to the fog evaporating I assumed, but it's going to be the devils own job to de ice the car.

Catch you all laters....have a nice day angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Hi, I'm on the Herts/ Essex boarder, we had a frost this morning (only very light). Freezing fog and very very lightly snowing here also.

Current -3.5! Not much chance it will raise to above freezing today.

Anyone think there is a chance of snow as the wet windy weather from the west meets our frozen south east!

Magicbat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Here's one I just took in the back garden. Charlotte made her web on a tiny solar panel. Didn't spot her tho )-;

Posted

Hi, I'm on the Herts/ Essex boarder, we had a frost this morning (only very light). Freezing fog and very very lightly snowing here also.

Current -3.5! Not much chance it will raise to above freezing today.

Anyone think there is a chance of snow as the wet windy weather from the west meets our frozen south east!

Magicbat

Yes no frost here either, at least I have snow falling though

Posted

its snowing!!!!!!!

Send it down here then please bd!! clap.gif

Posted

Freezing fog sees flights cancelled, roads jammed and delays on rail and Tube services, but warmer weather is on the way.

Freezing fog has descended on parts of the UK, forcing airports to cancel flights - and more delays are expected. Heathrow Airport says 70 flights due to take off on Wednesday have been scrapped. A spokesman said further cancellations were likely as adverse conditions affecting large areas parts of the country worsen. Flights to Warsaw, Nice, Stockholm, Aberdeen and several German cities are among those cancelled. "We expect the fog to lift between 9am and 10am. Visibility is already improving," said a Heathrow spokeswoman. "There have been some delays as well as cancellations. There is bound to be a bit of a knock-on effect during the day. Also, some European airports are also affected by the cold weather." There are also 20 cancellations at London City Airport. Passengers are urged to contact airlines to check details.

Monday night was one of the coldest of the year, with temperatures falling as low as minus 10C (14F), with Scotland worst affected. After another bitterly cold night on Tuesday, much of the country woke up to sub-zero temperatures this morning. Fog, which has hit areas including central England, Wales and East Anglia, is expected to spread. There was congestion on a number of major road routes, while a section of the A1(M) between junctions 39 and 40 in Yorkshire was closed. On the railways, overhead wire problems caused 50-minute delays in the rush-hour between Bedford and Luton, while a broken-down train at Watford Junction in Hertfordshire also caused hold-ups.

An electrical supply problem led to delays to train services between Seaford and Lewes in East Sussex, while a signalling problem caused hold-ups to services in and out of another Sussex coastal station - Brighton. In Scotland, a broken-down train at Bathgate led to delays between Edinburgh and Airdrie. On the Tube, there were severe delays on the Metropolitan line between Rickmansworth and Amersham and minor delays on the rest of the line due to a lack of trains. There were also severe delays between High Barnet and Finchley Central on the Northern line due to a signal failure at Woodside Park. Another signal failure - at Arnos Grove in north London - led to delays on the Tube's Piccadilly line between Arnos Grove and Cockfosters.

The coldest spot in the UK on Tuesday night was Tulloch Bridge in the Highlands, where the temperature was minus 10.2C (13F)

http://news.sky.com/story/1024193/weather-ice-and-fog-hit-dozens-of-flights

Posted

Just been out on the school run and dropping Mrs Sherman at the Railway Station and there are some breath taking scenes out there, the Rime Frost in Rayleigh is incredible, real picture postcard stuff.

Still -4c at 0930am - Going to be a struggle to not miss an Ice Day here I would imagine!

Posted

Send it down here then please bd!! clap.gif

i would but it seems to coming from the south west

Are you in Horsham BD?

yes, we've got a fine graupel with a few proper flakes mixed in here. i see you've moved to hampshire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just been out on the school run and dropping Mrs Sherman at the Railway Station and there are some breath taking scenes out there, the Rime Frost in Rayleigh is incredible, real picture postcard stuff.

Still -4c at 0930am - Going to be a struggle to not miss an Ice Day here I would imagine!

Yes, there are some stunning vistas about in Essex, but unfortunately I can't capture one where I'm working. I might head out at lunchtime and see what's about (if there's anything left on the branches by then)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Shame I'm not at home in Kent to witness the Xmas scenes, but at work in Lewisham where it's looking positively possible "no hoar frost here" lol

Tropical even! Please edit! Can't do so on my phone

Posted

Still work in Henfield, no snow though, just lots of rime.

some stunning scenes out there, even without snow. if we couldnt have a white christmas i would take this instead!

Posted

What lovely weather. Last night I walked the frozen streets of Surbiton in thick fog and frost, woke up this morning to ice so thick on the windscreen I could barely clear it and then everything white and crisp for the drive through Heathrow, which was aglow with the orange lights of the lorries trying to keep the runways clear, and on to Hillingdon with the temperature never rising above -3 degrees. Like I said to my son last night, it's proper winter:) This is one week after we played snowballs before school and 10 days after tramping through frozen woods and finding iced-over ponds. I know we're disappointed about another failed easterly, but I am really loving the start to winter. I do also understand the hardship such weather can impose on both people and animals - the ponies out in the frozen field at Hatton Cross this morning looked very fluffed up in their winter coats:)