Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks like the emphasis is on the far East of our region if it's going to happen? I still can't find any charts to give us a dusting let alone a big dump, maybe it's just best to wait and see now?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Showers showing iInland on mets charts..COME ON SURPRISE 2 FEET SNOW rofl.gif Wishful thinking..

They will never reach Surrey from this wind direction, better to have a direct easterly!

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Looks like the emphasis is on the far East of our region if it's going to happen? I still can't find any charts to give us a dusting let alone a big dump, maybe it's just best to wait and see now?

Yes and I think JP will confirm that the model suite confusion is adding even more reasons for us model readers to be confused.

FI hasn't moved much over the last 48 hours with Thursday still being the date at which the models haven't got a clue. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I know..I was wishful thinking -.-

post-12648-0-95970000-1355137234_thumb.j

You may end up getting a stray wintery shower, or at best a flurry! ;)

Posted

well here is the latest the article about the weather from the sun... http://www.thesun.co...-blasts-in.html

rofl.gif Sorry neighbour, that article really says nothing at all of any use to anyone!!!! Joking aside, we would all have a lot of 'meteorological egg' on our faces if it turned out like that this week in our region. We should also throw away all the model and charts systems and get back to pine cones and seaweed!

But I live in hope (oh, and just down from Stone Cross!! laugh.png)

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

well here is the latest the article about the weather from the sun... http://www.thesun.co...-blasts-in.html

Heavy snow flurries lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

As if to back up our feelings, have a gander at the attached.

<T+96 appears to be FI at this stage, the ensembles of course will back up this idea.

post-7183-0-54618500-1355137629_thumb.gi

I suspect there is a better way of doing the above but you should get the gist of it.

Before Thursday/Friday, enjoy the rest of the week, radar watch, Fax Chart watch and above all, have fun. acute.gif

As I understand things, this is basically showing what they mean with regards to undercutting lows. The GFS and ECM in particular, showing a better approach from the darn low, at least for this region in the short-term.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

And that low on Thursday night/Friday looks...WINDY!

Not too bad Thursday, maybe breezy on Friday?

108_21.gif

I'm interested to see what develops in a convective way towards the end of this week:

108_20.gif

Posted

I ment generally in terms of the South west too blum.gif Last time I checked it looked liked gales for the South coast I guess that's gone now too lol?

Backwards and forwards as models want!!

I think any gusts or wind are further ahead yet, even for the SW?

gfs_gusts_eur72.png

Posted

i think we will get a beast of a flake if we are lucky!

whenever they 'get it wrong' they just go quiet but this time it's just funny!

(oh, and just down from Stone Cross!! laugh.png)

i live by the castle!

Posted
Posted

Some big differences too, when looking at things from a global perspective. good.gif

Still confirms as if it is needed that Thursday/Friday is not a done deal, yes the atlantic looks like coming in but when and how needs to be determined.

post-7183-0-46682700-1355138673_thumb.gi

Posted

brings back so many memories!

i always remember that road past the church that's where i live! i'm lucky the fire-station put grit down though , and you can't beat the castle in snow

Edited by chmape

Posted

Still confirms as if it is needed that Thursday/Friday is not a done deal, yes the atlantic looks like coming in but when and how needs to be determined.

Is it more exciting when something is definitely coming, or at points like this, when we still just don't know? unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lol yeh I hope so blum.gif If I don't get any snow this side of the new year..It really does not fuss me.. Jan and Feb are our Months usually...And that low on Thursday night/Friday looks...WINDY!

Thats the spirit, plenty of months to go until spring comes around, i expect there will be many more surprises which appear at short notice such as Last Wednesday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Is it more exciting when something is definitely coming, or at points like this, when we still just don't know? unknw.gif

Don't know that I would describe this winter's model-watching so far as 'exciting' - unless you find having your fingernails pulled out one by one 'exciting'...It is compulsive though!

Posted

I suppose excitement due to the weather can come from many different angles I guess. For the moment, IMBY, it would suggest a rather boring setup developing but who knows and the weather changes every day with every run and will never please everyone, but I am enjoying every minute of it. acute.gif