Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Ladies and gentlemen on behalf of Captain Coast and the entire Netweather crew welcome aboard the next part of our journey in search of the beast from the east…..

post-10773-0-75266800-1355085240_thumb.j

Before we set sail:
please ensure that your location is in your profile, this is especially useful when reporting snow fall..... if we know where you are we can come and rescue you (You can do this by clicking on your profile, then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save).

Do not swear
inside any part of the forum at any time and do not tamper with the swear filter.

Ensure that
you
stay ‘on topic’
at busy times and avoid pointless one liners.

Follow the forum team leader’s instructions in an emergency:

If we see smoke coming from your posts, we will assume you are on fire and put you out (This is a free service we provide)

The room stewards have noticed that several of you are having trouble finding your sea legs. Don’t despair! The medical centre will be open extra hours for you to collect your chill pills, closing only briefly each day to allow our chief medical officer to present an informational talk entitled “Crampons: No-Slip Means a Healthy Hip.â€

For those of you who expressed concern after touring the galley and provisions area, rest assured that even with unplanned snow days we have plenty of food and beverage for our entire voyage.

On a more serious note, I’ve noticed that some of our passengers have been nonchalantly forming lines by the life boats this is not necessary, if by some remote chance we find that we do need to abandon the good ship winter, you will be the first to know...well not the first to know, first it would be captain Coast, and then me, and then…..

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy.....

(link to the previous one here
)
Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

OH i love a cruise!

And i have a great pair of ............binoculars.

But what to pack?

suntan lotion or scarf and gloves,or umbrella?i dont think anyone will have the answer to that really?

ship a hoy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Wonder if you'll get 20 likes again Ali... whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Gritter's just whizzed past the front door! biggrin.png

Posted

I hope you told him/her that your front door isn't a public toilet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That's the snow buggered then!

Posted

OH i love a cruise!

And i have a great pair of ............binoculars.

But what to pack?

suntan lotion or scarf and gloves,or umbrella?i dont think anyone will have the answer to that really?

ship a hoy!!!

Forget the bikini Floaty its a naturist cruise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Forget the bikini Floaty its a naturist cruise

Get your mind out of the gutter; you're blocking my periscope. :D

It's just a bit chilly here but no frost, rain or, indeed.......snow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Odds on the Atlantic winning by the end of the week?

post-9921-0-90987800-1355087607_thumb.gi post-9921-0-43599900-1355087614_thumb.pn

GFS/ECMWF/UKMO all showing the same. Be interesting to see if there is another model turn around unsure.png

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Gritters also doing the motorways :)

Posted

Odds on the Atlantic winning by the end of the week?

post-9921-0-90987800-1355087607_thumb.gi post-9921-0-43599900-1355087614_thumb.pn

GFS/ECMWF/UKMO all showing the same. Be interesting to see if there is another model turn around unsure.png

To much scatter they dont have a clue whats gonna happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

The MOD thread are trying there up most at straw clutching this evening. It's like 'Stand back' a few more shocks of electricity to try and get this cold spells heartbeat going again before the line on the monitor goes dead!

That countryfile weather forecast was very depressing for me. It was painful! I still am reeling at that ECM runs the other day. Very deflated like many. I keep looking at them and wondering, what if!

I still hold out for a glimmer of hope, but it's the faintest of hopes. Let's hope we can get another bite of the cherry somewhere soon down December's line eh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
http://www.essexhighways.org/Winter-Maintenance/Track-the-gritting-lorries.aspx well I'll be keeping my beady eye on this then in case I get a whizzer too!

Posted

Lets be honest, the Atlantic will only smash into the block and push it back eastwards far enough that we are under S/SW winds, the rest of Europe will still be relatively cold, the block can therefore build back westwards rather quickly, as I've said...I expect the week after next to be cold again.

Posted

Well it was a nice sunny afternoon down here in East Sussex so we went out for a pleasant drive around and ended with a short walk in Rye. Shame my hopes of being snowed in at my friends place before Im due to go home Wednesday have bitten the dust. sad.png

post-10628-0-11559900-1355089409_thumb.j

post-10628-0-15614600-1355089427_thumb.j

post-10628-0-05425100-1355089453_thumb.j

post-10628-0-65833000-1355089483_thumb.j

post-10628-0-07501100-1355089525_thumb.j

post-10628-0-62771000-1355089589_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I'm probably the only person here who is happy with the country file report :) means I can look forward to OH working, my workplace being less chaotic than it would have been if it had snowed and means no kiddies stuck at home coz uni college and school were shut - sorry for being happy!!!

Posted

Lets be honest, the Atlantic will only smash into the block and push it back eastwards far enough that we are under S/SW winds, the rest of Europe will still be relatively cold, the block can therefore build back westwards rather quickly, as I've said...I expect the week after next to be cold again.

I wouldn't be so sure, the Atlantic rules the roost in this country usually and as we all know its very hard to stop that conveyor belt.

Just look how hard the past 5 weeks had been - models all projecting a hefty block and an easterly component to the weather only for the Atlantic to say " I don't think so, I'm the boss"

All that snow in Europe and even Amsterdam - we came so close it's sickening, they have had deep cold with snowcover even now but that still didnt allow it to pull west towards the UK. Hopefully a block can re-establish itself but as just proved the Atlantic is the master.

Not always though. (There's my straw clutch)