Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

lol well I could say its artificially snowing in Melksham, Wiltshire I suppose.rofl.gif

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ha ha!!!

Don't mock it it is more than the rest of us have seen this winter! rofl.gif (november doesn't count)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Its lovely to have you back Ian - thank you! You've brightened up my evening :) Love your input on here - especially when snow is knocking on our door in previos yrs and you have been able to give us more indepth info. Really appreciate it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Don't mock it it is more than the rest of us have seen this winter! rofl.gif (november doesn't count)

True, I suppose something is better than nothing lol!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

LOL that was a snow machine outside someones house showing off his Christmas lights.....

If I had the money I would have real snow machines in place situated round the garden for cold nights...you can use them below around -4/5c so it could be a winter wonderland by morning even when we get a dry easterly crazy.gif

I think I could manage without snow but it feels more chrisassy when it is cold, Friday is forecast as 12c might not even need my coat!!!

you might get very wet though without one... good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

IMO there is big potential for some disruptive weather over the coming week or so for our patch. Firstly there is a high chance of freezing fog forming late tonight with all the travelling nightmares that will likely cause. Fast Forward to Thursday and as Ian highlighted there is the chance of at least a little snow. Then there's Friday with the risk of 50mph gales and very heavy troublesome rainfall.

Who says the weather is boring here in the West Country. We may have lost a bone chilling Easterly but the alternative is hardly conducive to a borefest...that's why I love the weather.

Posted

Hot off press from new modified UKMO-GM - - snow amounts are increased now early Thursday for this region and other parts of southern England. Interesting look about it. Northern limit is around M4 before it dies away. Mostly 200m upwards but UKMO suggest to low-levels around M4 corridor (they supplied a sounding for Swindon to demonstrate this potential).

It's great to see you back ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all.

i posted in the LA LA land thread about what Ian had posted and not one comment, to busy looking at charts at +30000hrs to notice whats happening just a few days away. you wouldn't Adam and eve itfool.gif

fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Lovely post Ian smile.png

So snow tonight or snow chance? biggrin.png

I would really like to see some tonight as I didn't get the job and I would rather put off the post mortem in work tomorrow.

Hi dancing daisy! Sorry to hear about the job :-( hope there will be more opportunities coming your way soon drinks.gif . Radar looking very clear at the moment - 'weather' that changes later remains to be seen - sorry I love my puns!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

If I had the money I would have real snow machines in place situated round the garden for cold nights...you can use them below around -4/5c so it could be a winter wonderland by morning even when we get a dry easterly crazy.gif

you might get very wet though without one... good.gif

Get in touch with "snow business" they are a company based in Stroud that provides most of the snow scenes for Hollywood blockbusters. I have often wondered whether I should go and ask for a job there, driven down to take a look (with the snow machine going at the entrance even in july!!) but never gone in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

evening all.

i posted in the LA LA land thread about what Ian had posted and not one comment, to busy looking at charts at +30000hrs to notice whats happening just a few days away. you wouldn't Adam and eve itfool.gif

fromey

Not surprised, lol, don't think anyone in there is interested in the weather the SW looks to be getting over the coming days.

Wonder how low it will go tonight? Currently -0.7 here in Bristol.

Posted

Get in touch with "snow business" they are a company based in Stroud that provides most of the snow scenes for Hollywood blockbusters. I have often wondered whether I should go and ask for a job there, driven down to take a look (with the snow machine going at the entrance even in july!!) but never gone in.

Well, aren't I the luck one! We had "Snow Business" at the goodwill evening last Friday in Stroud and they produced a blizzard for around two hours! I took a great photo but I wouldn't have a clue how to upload it onto here!

Peter

Stroud

Posted

Evening AWD

its struggling to get down below 0c we still have a slight breeze, i expect it will go soon and the temps will plummet .

Fromey

Posted

Evening AWD

its struggling to get down below 0c we still have a slight breeze, i expect it will go soon and the temps will plummet .

Fromey

Hey Fromey

You should soon get below freezing. I can't see anywhere staying above freezing tonight away from the coasts.

You're in a reasonable location for a dusting of snow possible on Thursday before the inevitable happens.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Hi dancing daisy! Sorry to hear about the job :-( hope there will be more opportunities coming your way soon drinks.gif . Radar looking very clear at the moment - 'weather' that changes later remains to be seen - sorry I love my puns!

Ahh it's ok, but thanks. I am lucky as I have a job, this was just a change. Still a bit disappointed as I know how close I came to getting it.

I also love a good pun. :D

I thought I read earlier that there was some snow showing on the radar so I built my hopes up a little.

Posted

Hey Fromey

You should soon get below freezing. I can't see anywhere staying above freezing tonight away from the coasts.

You're in a reasonable location for a dusting of snow possible on Thursday before the inevitable happens.

Hi mate, what do you think the chances are on Cardiff getting snow? even if it's a brief hour or so would be nice! cheers.

Posted

Currently -2c here and falling.

Interesting because I'm about 120m high in Stroud and it's only 0.4c here and falling slowly.

Posted

Hi mate, what do you think the chances are on Cardiff getting snow? even if it's a brief hour or so would be nice! cheers.

Probably not Cardiff mate, need a bit of elevation really. If the PPN makes it this far north on Thursday then I would think it possible that the valleys could get some leading edge snowfall as well as a brief covering on the Brecons.

Hopefully Ian will be on later with the latest from Exeter anyway. It's all very finely balanced & marginal for all of us currently so wouldn't take much of a swing for it to disappear or effect a little more of the SW/South Wales either.

Be interesting to see the NAE start to come within the timeframe tomorrow.

Posted

Hey Fromey

its gone below freezing now down to -1.0c,looks like we may get a few flakes before it turns to rain, lets hope its not the last we see this winter.

fromey