Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

but it isn't far north I don't think either is it lol, I just don't know where I should be lol

Lol i was only kidding anyway :) i dont even think my partnr knows where Barnsley is placed lol used to take himm3 hours and a detour round Manchester to get to me over here!!! Insists on using that silly satnav lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

Lol i was only kidding anyway smile.png i dont even think my partnr knows where Barnsley is placed lol used to take himm3 hours and a detour round Manchester to get to me over here!!! Insists on using that silly satnav lol

lol, im same im rubbish with direction, they just need to open a yorkshire thread then i will know where to post lol, oh well i shall just float between threads for now, i aint got nothing excting to say anyways lol

Posted

Excellent..now we have a northwest thread...could someone give a rough indication of what the easterly being modelled would mean for the north west...I know its all a bit up in the air at the moment....But I have this fear that although it could be a stonking easterly...it wont be any where near 2010 cold and is unlikely to bring snow to west coasts...so could we be looking at extreme weather all over the uk, but for us it would just be cold without being memorably frozen rivers cold.........someone tell me Im totaly wrong and that if the models come up the north west wil be just as involved as anywhere else.......please

Chris, from experience for us in this part of the NW dry and cold. We are blocked out by the hills to the E and NE and will be out of the worst of the winds. As you get the rain shadow effect on the East side of the pennines, we are in somewhat of a "snow shadow" here. Even with a strong E'rly flow we manage to miss out on the snow (1996) - until that day when the encroaching atlantic front stalled over us - without that there was snow all around us Kendal/Bolton/Manchester (WH posted some youtube clips yesterday) we were almost snow free until that atlantic front arrived.

You never know though a "modern" E'rly may be different to the ones we saw in the 80's smile.png - somehow i doubt it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still snowing here, not heavy but still snowing so can't complain.

Worryingly though the temperature is still slowly on the way up - 0.9c now.

Posted

Sort of sleety mix with snow! Temp gauge says 6c very weird

Sort of sleety mix with snow! Temp gauge says 6c very weird

Posted

Are you sure that you really want to know.

i. Can't believe you did so poorly for snow 2009/2010. We got plastered here before Christmas with snow on 3/4 consecutive nights all coming in off the Irish Sea. We had less snow in 2010/11 but we had snow on the ground for over a week again. For that to happen here for 2 consecutive winters was a rare event. last year 2011/12 reverted to type with half a day at best.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold please!

Sleeting where I am, can't see us in Great Harwood getting any snow at least until this front moves through. About 2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

It's going a bit darker here now so maybe it's our turn - Fingers crossed.

Posted

It is very sleety - The trans pennine routes still have a good chance of decent snowfall once the heavier stuff comes through but I have a feeling for me I will just be on the wrong side of marginal. Not enough elevation and 2c -probably going to be rain or sleet at best.

Posted

Still snowing here, not heavy but still snowing so can't complain.

Worryingly though the temperature is still slowly on the way up - 0.9c now.

I hope it will last until I get home, sleety yuk in Bury now!

Posted

temp now 1c dont think i will see any more snow and if it did it would not stick :(

Posted

anyone any ideas as to whats happening now is that the end of it or could it be snowing/raining in the evening??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

omg even the dutch people in the netherlands getting snow even though it is a very flat country.

But we live in a flat place so why do we get rain instead of snow? It just blew out of my mind!!diablo.gif

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I hope it will last until I get home, sleety yuk in Bury now!

Still snow here but not "day after tomorrow" stuff.

Only good thing is that the temperature has levelled off though, in fact its dropped back a fraction although no doubt i've put the kiss of death on that now.