Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Having some moderate to heavy showers here ATM, wasn't expecting that. temp 2.6c. as for snow this week, I'll beleive it when I

see it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This mornings tv forecasts seem to be showing an improving picture for the NW region over the coming days.

Let's home that is the case and the usual downgrades keep away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Last nights euphoria re poss battleground snowfest was fun and still a possibility but it REALLY will be only knowable much closer to any potential event - too much chopping and changing atm. On phone on train atm with variable signal strength - anyone got a chart showing an 0z chart for thurs plz?

Posted

mmm...I'd bank and stick with what the charts are now showing for next week. Don't want to risk it and gamble for anything better. People are suggesting widespread snow fall overnight Monday into Tues. Could make the commute to work perilous as it only takes a few cm's to cause traffic chaos in this country. BBC/Met office forecasts this weekend (especially countryfile) will be eagerly anticipated.

these where the exact same people saying the same thing about the weekend too, lets not forget that massive oversight. all we can do is hope for temperatures to drop again. Last 2 or 3 days 4/5C day time and 3/4C night time.

We just had a rather long and heavy rain shower. Temperature rose as it moved in to 3.6C.

Oh dear, when you see 'warm sector' and 'marginal for the west' mentioned alarm bells start to ring. More runs needed for Monday.

marginal was all it ever was going to be, the moment the GFS back away 2 days ago.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Ive seen these setups before though, i can see it ending up a SW England and Part of Wales only event, at least the cold looks like its nailed now though, cant see this trending back east again now.

Its the same link as above, it automatically updates, looks marginal for the coast.

EDIT : just seen the GEM and NOGAPS, we need a good ECM now.

The GEM as always stuck to its' guns with what its showing for snow in the region. NOGAPS is unreliable and useless.

Posted

I think in the next 7 days snow is pretty much nailed on now, how much and when is still in question however.

I like your confidence, but nothing is nailed on, not even the cold last beyond a couple of days, and when I use cold, i use it in the sense of temperatures being below seasonal average. right now, temperatures are what they should be...maybe a little on the mild side at night still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The GEM as always stuck to its' guns with what its showing for snow in the region. NOGAPS is unreliable and useless.

Really not sure what to make of the model output to be honest now, other than to say at least it wont be mildd for a good few days again and as there will be snow potential scattered about, i suppose we are in with a shout, you have to be in it to win it and a few days ago there was still the potential to be in mild Swerlys at the beginning of next week, Nick sussex summed it up in the MOD perfectly though, the way forward after day 5 is unclear, although i would say nothing mild at surface for 7 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning ladies & gents.....new thread coming shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep....new thread here ---------------->

closing this one now