Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 24th 2012>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I would say anything between the 90% and bottom 30% lines on the chart within the SE areas are the 70mph risk areas before 9am (North Kent, Essex, E Anglia) Outside of that area, go for 50-60mph. Just a rule of thumb, since this thing seems to be associated with the occluded front (which is why I am using the RH chart)

post-5986-0-48071300-1353803788_thumb.gi

Please don't take my word for it, though; keep an eye on what the MetO says.

Cheers BW. So it's time to batten down the hatches and expect a broken night's sleep!

Posted

p1353803917.gif

p1353803917.gif

http://www.xcweather...GB/observations

checking this the low has taken a north east shift

agree with boar but these things have a mind of their own

I don't think it's the low, per se, rather the positioning of the occluded front embedded on it's southern flank that will determine, ultimately, who gets what. Unusually, as well, it might well be the case that severe winds will occur with no rain and clear(ing) skies!!!

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Christ almighty! Just about to go asleep and the rain is hammering down again after easing in last hour. Looking at radar seems the system is going to head through here with heavy pulses. Wind gusts also starting to pick up, not pretty! But nothing on what poor folk are dealing with in SW; horrendous there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sheesh. Getting much windier now. Hope yhe huge tree that towers over our house stays up!t

As much as I enjoy the extremes, I pray everyone is safe tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

You've got a very novel approach to things Keraunophile. tease.gifrofl.gif

Ooh! You wouldn't believe the half of it, matey. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Oh dear god or somesuch.

There appears to be a well defined eye on the radar. help.gif

And furthermore, I'm in the middle of it and my head is spinning (probably the whisky/ey liquer though).

post-7183-0-35838400-1353805206_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

30 minutes ago I started reading this thread wondering how it could be so quiet outside, but the noise of the wind is really starting to pick up now...

Oh dear god or somesuch.

Am I right in thinking the winds will be at their maximum to the south of that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Interesting to just read that Brize has 3mph in Heavy Rain and its now got upto 11c. A few miles south and winds really picking up. This weather front is showing a case of big variances in reasonably short spaces. Anyway, GTLTW that radar image shows me under the dark orange/red and it is tipping it down would be an understatement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

hard to tell what thats doing at present

is it me or has it slowed down

Yes and the southern section has a similar shape to it to Thursday's hook like development IMO.

At the same time peeps, let's have a level headed view from our far safer surroundings, than those elsewhere.

What do you reckon of my post here, good idea?

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2414327

I may well be getting caught up in the hype but sometimes I feel so frustated by all these recurring events and statistics. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Oh dear god or somesuch.

And furthermore, I'm in the middle of it and my head is spinning (probably the whisky/ey liquer).

Here we go, 1987..Hopefully not as severe,But the way these lp's been crashing through,No one or any pc can predict the true outcome. Options open for me.

Posted

30 minutes ago I started reading this thread wondering how it could be so quiet outside, but the noise of the wind is really starting to pick up now...

Am I right in thinking the winds will be at their maximum to the south of that?

pass. tease.gif

Posted

Here we go, 1987..Hopefully not as severe,But the way these lp's been crashing through,No one or any pc can predict the true outcome. Options open for me.

Jason.................................. please don't. gathering.gif

I think we'll get away with things for now but you just wait for the snow, channel low anyone? cold.gif

I'm here now....what was it you needed me for exactly ? ph34r.png

Just being here is enough for now, MK. air_kiss.gif

I think I should be heading to bed, now that you have arrived from your partying the night away.

Posted

Went out for a drive, when I left it was quite windy, 30mins later i arrive back home and it gone from quite windy to very wild. Maybe gusting 60mph now, strongest wind I have seen for a long time here and still lots more fuel to go in the fire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Went out for a drive, when I left it was quite windy, 30mins later i arrive back home and it gone from quite windy to very wild. Maybe gusting 60mph now, strongest wind I have seen for a long time here and still lots more fuel to go in the fire.

That's what I was going to ask, are we at the peak here on the south coast or do we have worse to come?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Winds really starting to whip up here now. Do we know if the low's still deepening?

Posted

It will peak for you and me between about 2:30-3:30am I would say things are slightly stronger than predicted at the moment, but not to far above. I think we will see some places reporting 85mph on south east coast.

I have not heard the wind whistle round this house until now.

It will be deepening all the way out into the north sea, but the strongest winds will end up... in the sea of the east coast maybe 90mph out there?

Edited by Snow and storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

How's the north bucks area? Worried for my dad's fence, as was looking a bit shakey last storm. My mum and dad are in Abu Dhabi staying with my brother and when I spoke to my bro this evening he was complaining saying he'd had a few drops of rain. Had to laugh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

It will peak for you and me between about 2:30-3:30am I would say things are slightly stronger than predicted at the moment, but not to far above. I think we will see some places reporting 85mph on south east coast.

I have not heard the wind whistle round this house until now.

It makes me wish I had double glazing! Tonight is the first night in a long time that I have felt this unsure about the weather. It has a kind of unpredictable feel to it. It's certainly not letting up now!