Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 24th 2012>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

met office warning update for sunday

states the worst conditions may be in east anglia

gale to severe gale force winds in the south east so no picnic anywhere in this area

i thought id better be quiet as well smile.png

I luv the way it says that their expected to develop suddenly, sounds like a WHAM BAM effect. 1 minute calmness the next a raging storm! I think their confidence in these winds arriving though are diminishing because they seem to be narrowing the area they will effect, seems more localised towards the east anglian coast now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well according to GFS my location should be experiencing 35mph gusts around about now and 40mph+ within the next hour but can't say I'm experiencing it to be honest! nea.gif

Any computer generated charts and data for this type of weather (Ignore) it will be very basic. Inland gust's for this thread will punch 70,possible 75 along open land. As for the coastal s, I bet a recorded speed of 85 will be reached. Stay safe people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just about to start on my second bottle of Magners (go steady young man!) blum.gif and settle down for a bit of radar watching and windstorm listening.

Let's keep the reports coming guys n gals, who's up for the long haul. drinks.gif

Don't forget that you follow the latest from the adjacent regional here and also there is the following dedicated thread.

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2414018

Hi just got in from concert,was very good.Bless my maisey she lietrally dances along to the beat when she is playing her flute,so funny to watch she really sticks out bless her.Eveyone was laughing at her jigging away!

The lights kept flickering started to worry.

Then the chippy was shut but found a kebab house.

The wind has really got up here and the rain is thrashing on and off.

I need to catch up with everything now.

As you on second magners i will have to catch up with that too i sposerofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I see Boar W is lurking, what do you think are the prospects of a possible sting jet?

Posted

Any computer generated charts and data for this type of weather (Ignore) it will be very basic. Inland gust's for this thread will punch 70,possible 75 along open land. As for the coastal s, I bet a recorded speed of 85 will be reached. Stay safe people.

Woah, sounds fierce.

Posted

I luv the way it says that their expected to develop suddenly, sounds like a WHAM BAM effect. 1 minute calmness the next a raging storm! I think their confidence in these winds arriving though are diminishing because they seem to be narrowing the area they will effect, seems more localised towards the east anglian coast now.

Could be a triple point. In such cases winds from 850hPa make it to the surface and you get a situation where pressure lapse rates and convective gusts combine into one nasty monster.

Difficult to tell though and perhaps only 30% chance since so many factors have to combine for it to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi just got in from concert,was very good.Bless my maisey she lietrally dances along to the beat when she is playing her flute,so funny to watch she really sticks out bless her.Eveyone was laughing at her jigging away!

The lights kept flickering started to worry.

Then the chippy was shut but found a kebab house.

The wind has really got up here and the rain is thrashing on and off.

I need to catch up with everything now.

As you on second magners i will have to catch up with that too i sposerofl.gif

I think that post was for everyone's information too, so no need to feel left out anyone. drinks.gif

Where's MK when you need her? search.gif

12.2mm so far in Newbury, much more to come and more Magners I suspect. Maximum wind gust at 13.0mph in my sheltered patch. The barometer seems to bombing though, now at 991.2hpa. help.gif or could still be a mega_shok.gif

Posted

Very stormy here now, windows banging and rattling, the wind is a persistent, volatile drunk, one moment reasonably calm the next in your face and threatening to rip off your head for so much as looking at it (or calling it a big girl's breeze)

Could be a long night here, but it sounds v severe in the west country, thoughts with the guys down that way.

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Just heard the slightest hint of wind on the side of my house, maybe a 30mph gust 1st signs of something brewing!

Posted

I see Boar W is lurking, what do you think are the prospects of a possible sting jet?

In the pub on mobile at the minute. Possible causative factors might be the very dry air aloft (evaporative cooling) I think we'd be unlucky to get that but it is observable on radar charts when a hook develops (hence its name - scorpion sting )

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

Well just poked my head outside and still calm as anything. It's 11pm!! Shocked how still it is out there.

Well I'm off to bed, if its worth staying up for then it will wake me up, sod feeling tired tomorrow for the sake of 50mph gusts.

Night all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

So Essex is in the red zone for the strongest winds according to Perfect Storm's chart.

Still doubtful we will top 50mph gust but we'll see. If I get woken up then I'm sure your prediction will be correct :-)

Essex could see some of the strongest gusts, if there's going to be a sting in it's tail then the East coast is where it would proberly be..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still very calm. What is my area looking to get?

Posted

wind has just started to pick up here now

fax chart update

wednesday

PPVM89.gif?31415

cold north easterly wind

temperatures around 6 but can see a big wind chill here

no precipitation showing

thursday

PPVO89.gif?31415

cold east-north east wind

looks dry at present

will be cold 5 degrees maybe lower

note the 528 dam line to our north east getting closersmile.png

Edited by john pike

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The Met Office wind warnings have expanded recently Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Wind picking up here now, Short gust bursts. No doubt sodding power cut for me tonight(its the norm when adverse weather in play)

Posted

203501Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-BRIEFING_12112600.GIF

203501Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-STANDARD_12112600.GIF

202156Z_21OWS_EUROPE_ANALYSIS_METSAT_00_SFC_METSAT-ANALYSIS.GIF

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Jason- Where did you get those charts from, looks a good site?!

John- Yes just seem the fax charts very pleased with them, seem to be going with the UKMO from earlier which was very good IMO!

Rain still coming down here that's 24mm today.

Posted

As the heaviest rain is still way out West and is only crawling, I still say my prediction (duplicated below from the SW & CSE thread) will not be too far off, however it will gradually pick up pace as well.

The fairly rapid deepening of the system could yet be of concern and to add to that, sting jet complications. As suggested by Boar W, they are fierce and I hope I'm not scaremongering here, but the sound will probable be like that of a roaring train. Whilst the action is a couple of hours away for me at least, should I sleep with the window open, I wonder?

I am imagining the winds will pick up noticeably near the back edge of the passing depression. Judging by my crude analysis, you might anticipate the strongest winds in the regions stated below, during the following hours.

Cornwall - from current time until midnight

Devon - from 2200GMT until 0100GMT

Somerset and Bristol area - midnight until 0300GMT

Dorset - as above

Wiltshire - 0100GMT until 0400GMT

Berkshire and Hampshire - 0200GMT to 0300GMT until 0500GMT to 0600GMT

Posted

Jason- Where did you get those charts from, looks a good site?!

John- Yes just seem the fax charts very pleased with them, seem to be going with the UKMO from earlier which was very good IMO!

Rain still coming down here that's 24mm today.

Here you go.....

http://ows.public.sembach.af.mil/index.cfm?section=WWA

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

I somehow agree with you Surrey, but it's weird sat in bed here and it's spookily quiet outside with what's due in the next few hours. Don't think I'll be jumping on my motorbike @ 7am somehow!