Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Habsish

Stansted Airport drop off charges

Instead of being able to drive up to the main entrance to drop passengers off there is now a charge. A most stupid descision.

http://www.stansteda..._facilities.pdf

The original arrangements were fast, economic and straight forward.

There are plenty of reasons not to fly and this just adds to them.

Instead of being able to drive up to the main entrance to drop passengers off there is now a charge. A most stupid descision.

http://www.stansteda..._facilities.pdf

The original arrangements were fast, economic and straight forward.

There are plenty of reasons not to fly and this just adds to them.

Surely if your dropping of passengers then you are not flying anyway?

Surely if your dropping of passengers then you are not flying anyway?

Not the point. It is just an additional cost of flying. If I am flying and was being dropped off someone has to pay and I would expect it to be me. What was straight forward and simple is no longer so.

H

Ha, welcome to the new world of flying!

The same debate has being going on in Bournemouth for ages, as they charge £2:50 to drop off, and then £2:50 pick up charge. The uproar has been continual, and guess what the numbers are falling at the airport (unlikely in Stansted however), as the airlines pull out until next March, due to the drop in footfall.

Wake up people, you can only screw people for so long, before they vote with their feet, and POCKET

Last May I went via Luton Airport - to enter the drop off zone, it was necessary to obtain a ticket and if you were out again without 10 minutes, that ticket would get you out with a minimal charge of £1, obviously longer there would be a greater charge. This could apply to pick up as will if the passengers liaised with their driver.

Then when it comes to wanting a trolley you have to put a pound in a machine to get one. However Michael O' Reilly is educating us to travelling with less luggage, so trollies aren't so essential any more 'cos we all have little cases with wheels on. smile.png

The problem is that with all the airports charging, it's a bit difficult to vote with your feet, or wheels in this case and even if you do find such an airport you could soon swallow up the saving on free parking with the extra fuel costs. sad.png

I'm afraid it is a sad indictment on 'Rip Off Britain' - the only way we can get round it would be to stop travelling or live in a different country which would be impractical for a lot of people.

I always take a private jet from a convenient airfield with valet parking....

tumblr_m2tb8mBn9K1qh2xhmo1_1280.jpg

Not the point. It is just an additional cost of flying. If I am flying and was being dropped off someone has to pay and I would expect it to be me. What was straight forward and simple is no longer so.

H

Get a taxi or a bus bet it cost a lot more or take your own car and park up for a day, week etc in the short/long stay car park for loads of money. So if you got to pay a couple squid then you wont bother flying anymore..or?

Fortunately we have a simple solution. Leave the car at the Inverkeithing Park and Ride (Free for up to 1 week or arrange for smeone to pick it up if away longer)) then get the Edinburgh Airport bus using our wrinklys' bus passes for free!

Fortunately we have a simple solution. Leave the car at the Inverkeithing Park and Ride (Free for up to 1 week or arrange for smeone to pick it up if away longer)) then get the Edinburgh Airport bus using our wrinklys' bus passes for free!

Brilliant!

One small problem is that I live and Stansted is in Essex.

I always take a private jet from a convenient airfield with valet parking....

tumblr_m2tb8mBn9K1qh2xhmo1_1280.jpg

Do you use the groupon vouchers? Some cracking deals on private planes.