Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I have to say, this storm is immense! Look at the gfs predictions! I looked at the gfs predictions this morning,and had to look twice/three times, Increddible storm. I just hope people stay safe....

post-6830-0-19090000-1351453297_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-00439500-1351453425_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Have heard a couple of friends friends and rellies are out there and wont be coming home any time soon... Apart from Local News and weather I have sent them th NOAA website link and told them to take heed of warnings and listen to what the authorities tell them...cant think of what else I can say really ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Posted Image

Could be rather nasty for New York and the coast. Some heavy snow with blizzards inland too

Posted

OK so can somebody please explain WHY, Sandy is expected to turn "to the left" when the normal hurricane path in the Northern hemisphere would make it run up the eastern seaboard and out over Atlantic?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

i see that nearly 375,000 people have been requested to evacuate..to put that into some sort of context, Manchester's population in the 2001 census was abot 390,000, and leicester about 330,000....not only is ALOT of peoples and lives disrupted, that suggests a number of homes are at severe risk...i dont think i can really comprehend that..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

I'm watching coverage online via eyewitness news, part of Wabc.tv, on the iPad.

• Like 1

Posted

What news channel has the best coverage of this?

i been watching fox or cnn .its been on sky

Posted

Unfortunately unless Sandy defies all the models to the next 24hr I can only foresee billions worth of damage along a swathe from DC up into Boston. With Irene the surge came just 1ft (in a few places mere centimeters) from overtopping the defenses. Again with Sandy factors such as high-tide and the backbuild of the Hudson will create it's own flooding to parts otherwise thought to escape the worst.

NYC subway expert: bigtime flooding could cost the city $55 billion

-wunderground

Posted

Unfortunately unless Sandy defies all the models to the next 24hr I can only foresee billions worth of damage along a swathe from DC up into Boston. With Irene the surge came just 1ft (in a few places mere centimeters) from overtopping the defenses. Again with Sandy factors such as high-tide and the backbuild of the Hudson will create it's own flooding to parts otherwise thought to escape the worst.

-wunderground

all on the eyes NY Cams on monday should be good watching here on monday night!!

Edited by tinybill

Posted

-wunderground

And listening to that link above a few arent heeding the warnings and staying put...come on people please be safe.

And listening to that link above a few arent heeding the warnings and staying put...come on people please be safe.

I think it's stupid. It's horrible to think that people will only learn the hard way that just because the previous storm wasn't too bad that this one will be a breeze too.

• Like 1

Posted

As mentioned - Dr masters blog at Weather Underground is always a fantastic place for information and links to cams etc (just remember to update when a new blog comes out) http://www.wundergro...l?entrynum=2278 also here is a link to the wave height data at Battery Park (this will indicate the subway flooding) http://tidesonline.n...The Battery, NY you can see it is already above prediction which is not a good sign at all... Lastly here are some cams for use tomorrow (if they are still running) http://qz.com/20761/...-us-east-coast/

This storm really is the perfect NE USA Storm redux with double the trouble - I have already emailed my work colleagues in Virginia / DC / NYC to stay safe and follow every order given for their own and families safety

Take a look at Virginia Beach http://www.vbbound.com/webcam/watermans-boardwalk-cam/ - hundreds of miles from the centre , then think about what those north of the landfall point will be getting

Edited by Buzzit
  • Like 1

Posted

I think it's stupid. It's horrible to think that people will only learn the hard way that just because the previous storm wasn't too bad that this one will be a breeze too.

i know ...if you are told to evacuate why would you stay? doesnt make any sense....you put the emergency services at risk then if it does go all wrong. little bit selfish really.

Posted

Were talking a 5ft surge OVER the flood defenses across Manhatten if current projections are to go by. This buoy out in the NYC harbor will be indicative of heights for the next few days to come.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.44736654371269&lon=-73.80681175781257

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

wonder who did the starbucks sign a 5 year old? 0r is it spelt closeing and hurrican, or inconvenient not inconvenience in the US?

Edited by ihatetherain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Parts of Long Island already flooded, with the storm still 18 or so hours away. Not looking good.

looks like this storm going to be a lot worser than Irene.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

this storm is amazing, the storm system is so extensive that the storm's tail actually reached greenland, 2000 miles from the storm's eye.

- 12 ft waves 1000 miles in radius.

- hurricane's tail reached greenland

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Finally found an ok TV stream from NY.

http://www.myfoxny.c...h-good-day-live

Posted Image

Edited by Lynxus
  • Like 2