Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Sandy could make landfall between 10PM and Midnight our time, with most of the Storm surges peaking around midnight.

Thank you.

I'm writing reports on the Hurricane, I study Hurricanes and I just wanted to have an estimated time for the landfall.

I have multiple live streams loaded up that I have been watching all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

I'm sure others will clarify that and I am as confused by the statement as you are. The report I heard referred to its intensity i.e 943hpa or whatever, so maybe CAT 2s and above have never been that deep. Posted Image

Anyway, back to the reports. Posted Image

I think Bill Murray over on Alabama Weather Blog confirmed that Sandy is the deepest hurricane ever to venture north of North Carolina, so I guess it's a locality thing.

Posted

I think they've been caught by the Fuzz

There's a mandatory curfew past 4pm EST, I'm hoping the cop is explaining the situation and advising the guys the best place to be is back inland along the I72.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

My favourite pic so far today..

From G-IV NOAA Hurricane Hunter #NOAA49 (Gonzo) 10/28/2012: Sunset above Hurricane Sandy from 45000ft

post-7292-0-11435100-1351532998_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

The chasers are back.

Streaming from an Ipad now, cell towers going down and electric, so guess the coverage may be more patchy..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I don't think that's fake but it's from a while back.

That's actually a rain core, those circular looking clouds I think are the edge of the thunderstorm.

Again, this is from a few years back, it is not related to Sandy.

The storm is real, but the location has been photoshopped in. It was a storm chase photo from the summer I think...

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Large area of snow just south of Charleston.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Weather Channel reporting that the storm will push in around 6pm EST which is good news because high tide around NYC is not until 9pm so the effect will not be so strong with the storm surge. The storm is now pushing in at 28mph NW.

Weather Channel reporting that the storm will push in around 6pm EST which is good news because high tide around NYC is not until 9pm so the effect will not be so strong with the storm surge.

I really hope you are right, but NHC still expecting storm surge of 12+ feet in some areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

noticed many web cams [have technical issues ] its the same when there are strikes and mass demonstrations ,its a shame realy but i suppose the authorities are trying their best to keep things under controll .on the canadian weather channell they have just said that the cold air moving in from the west and north is slowing down considerably which could help to break up SANDY ,but things will still be dire .Also rainfall totalls have now been scaled down ,with highest totalls expected only over higher locations ,and any snow much further north over lake Huron north . But other sources quoting THE EXACT OPPOSITE ,its going to be a very interesting storm to watch ,just hope for the best for people .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Chasers are taking some big risks here considering there position and being happy to drive though already part flooded roads...risky

Having said they they have been beaten back this time....

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I'm not sure how close this location is to the centre of Sandy but it's looking very intense with huge seas!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9639934/Hurricane-Sandy-live-video.html

Posted

I don't think it really matters if Sandy is early/late by the projected hour or two. Either way the surge is already lapping up against the defenses and a now expected 7ft of extra surge to come (not including wave heights) means the one or two foot is irrelevant for downtown NYC areas. The saving grace will be the extra speed Sandy has now found, something in the way of 28 to 35mph moving Northwestwards.