Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow In The Alps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Working for a ski company I am often checking the web cams and I was delighted to see most of the alps taking a pasting !!

http://www.snoweye.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Love seeing the snow come down the mountain like that , great cam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Now that is what I call a snowline!

Just goes to show how marginal snow really is............all about that 0.1c in many cases!

Posted

I could spend all day looking at these ha for work purposes obviously smiliz39.gif

Posted

Stelvio is getting rather deep but there are vehicles and people still up there.

http://www.solda2000...ebstelvioen.htm

Strange I looked at Stelvio on Saturday, and it had loads of people up there and seemed reasonably sunny. How a day changes things, I bet it's caught a few people unaware looking at how many cars are still there!

Posted

After looking at the webcams earlier in the week Mayrhofen was a snow covered 0.6 c fast forward to today and an almost balmy 15c with most of the snow gone ... what a difference a few days makes !

After looking at the webcams earlier in the week Mayrhofen was a snow covered 0.6 c fast forward to today and an almost balmy 15c with most of the snow gone ... what a difference a few days makes !

This tends to happen in October, it is only in November that snow really starts to pile up, and later than that on lower resorts .

Posted

I can vouch for that :) I have had a few close shaves when going sking ealry season , checking webcams the 12th Dec no snow argghhh then getting a pasting 14-16th all for the season start ! like clockwork ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

40cm snowfall this time last week. Now 16C in brilliant warm sunshine with rapid snow melt taking place. Temperature projection for next Sunday is max of only -5C and minimum on Monday night -12C. Quite amazing topsy turfy weather going on.post-3489-0-64685600-1350909070_thumb.jp

Looking at Snoweye, a fair amount of snow has fallen overnight in the western parts of the Alps (certainly for France and parts of Switzerland) , this is set to last for around 48 hrs before it turns milder once again.

At this time of year, there are so many out of date cams, it makes a quick once over more difficult to do.

Edited by Jackone

Carinthian posted in the other thread, that snowfall have spread across more eastern parts of the Alps.

For the Alpine Snow forecast this winter, is everyone happy with the format of last year, and what would be the best day to do them.

Edited by Jackone