Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Winter Poll (rebooted)

What sort of winter will it be this year?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of winter will it be this year?

• Typical Atlantic Westerly Winter
    • Bartlett Scenario
    • Blocked Atlantic / Greenland
    • Blocked Scandi
    • Euro High
    • A Bit of Everything.
  2. 2. What Sort of Winter do you want?

• Typical Mild Atlantic
    • A Scandi or Greenland/Atlantic Blocked winter
    • Bartlett Bad Boy
    • Euro High
    • Don't Care as long as it's Biblical in terms of Cold and Snow.
    • A Bit of Everything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

Ok, so I'm rebooting this poll, but with a twist. I'm inviting everyone to pick their prediction for the upcoming winter. It can be a wild guess or gut hunch, but I'd prefer it to be more of a forecast based vote (If you have a forecast) giving members an opportunity to see what all those with the experience are forecasting for the upcoming winter.

Secondly, a poll to see what members on here desire for the upcoming winter weather.

smiliz39.gif

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

How about adding an option for a mixture of everything?

I see no option for me who'd like a winter with a few very cold snowy periods lasting a week or so with other times milder Atlantic based weather - or even some pleasant sunshine under a Euro high situation.

Exciting & fun as extreme cold can be for a short while if it goes on too long its just costly & damages our economy even more. I'm sure many of us would rather spend our money on things for ourselves instead of handing it over to Russian gas company owner billionaires...

Posted

How about adding an option for a mixture of everything?

I see no option for me who'd like a winter with a few very cold snowy periods lasting a week or so with other times milder Atlantic based weather - or even some pleasant sunshine under a Euro high situation.

Exciting & fun as extreme cold can be for a short while if it goes on too long its just costly & damages our economy even more. I'm sure many of us would rather spend our money on things for ourselves instead of handing it over to Russian gas company owner billionaires...

Ok, option added... "A bit of Everything". Votes can be recast if members wish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

What we like best in Austria is a bit of everything, (ie ) sunny days and snowy days. We dread a Euro -High, but funnny enough the Barletlet scenario does provide cold winds down from Scandinavia in the Eastern Alps with snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i hope we get a scandi or g.h winter but who know's.

Posted

Ok, so far it seems that the majority of members on Netweather are predicting a Winter of mixed fortunes with a "bit of everything" thrown into the mix.

Close behind that, a Scandi blocked winter is joint second favourtie with a Greenland/Atlantic blocked winter, however if you combine the votes into a generic blocked vote, then it edges ahead of the "Bit of Everything" scenario by 4 votes.

Some sporadic votes for a Atlantic dominated winter and the Euro high suggest not many members are forecasting these setups this year.

While not very scientific, it does show a split decision on what many members are expecting this winter.#

As for personal preferences, the blocked winter scenario is clear favourite with Epic Winter running in second. I suspect there are either many cold and snow fans on here, or everyone is sick tired of wind and rain.

I'll post again at the end of next week.