Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben_Cambs

2012 Ryder Cup

Suprised a thread hasn't been started on this. Europe had the upper hand in the foursomes earlier but the Americans came back, particularly Mickleson and Bradley who won 4 holes in a row to win their match against Donald and Garcia, also Furyk and Snedeker came back impressivly against McIlroy and McDowell but they won the match on the 18th hole and the current score is Europe 1-1 USA.

Yup 2-2 and the Americans have come out firing on all cylinders this afternoon.All to do to keep us level by the end of the day.Down in 3 matches presently.

Nicolas Colsaerts playing well for Europe in the fourballs, so far has been a great wildcard by Jose Olazabel. Lawrie and Hanson however resoundly beaten by Watson and Simpson. Very likely that USA will go into day 2 in the lead.

Looks likely to be 5-3 going into tomorrow's foursomes (to the US)

Woods has been really shocking, Where is he going to find form?

Only ever watch Ryder cup, So when did he suddenly become onions?

Things not looking very clever at the moment. We could easily go 8-4 down.

5 Successive birdies with the final match on Saturday from Ian Poulter wins the final match for Poulter/McIlroy, giving Europe a vital point, and keeps the deficit at 10-6. Still a long shot for Europe of course.

The USA came from 10-6 down in 1999 but some of the European golfers are really going to have to step their game up if Europe is going to have any chance of retaining the cup, Europe 'only' needs to draw to retain it and only can if they play collectively as well as Donald and Poulter did in the fourballs last night. Hoping for a cracking day of golf later from both teams in the singles matches!

Poulter has real heart and guts as well as the right game for the big occasion.

The USA team`s putting has been exceptional and it`s the one area of the game that`s been the biggest difference between the 2 sides.

If Europe are to have any chance then they have to greatly improve on that.

Yes the putting has been the problem for Europe. Thank goodness for Ian Poulter- I'm not sure where Europe would be without him. They seem to lack to steely determination and competitive edge of the Americans and Poulter brings this in abundance. Like Colin Montgomerie he saves his best for the Ryder Cup.

Has anyone else found the American crowd very annoying and unsportsmanlike? They seem very aggressive and cheering when the opposing team goes into the water is surely not in the spirit of golf. Some of the celebrations have also been excessive- I'm thinking Keegan Bradley in the main. Every time the cup is in the USA I find myself looking forward to the next time we can get them over to these shores!

Yes the putting has been the problem for Europe. Thank goodness for Ian Poulter- I'm not sure where Europe would be without him. They seem to lack to steely determination and competitive edge of the Americans and Poulter brings this in abundance. Like Colin Montgomerie he saves his best for the Ryder Cup.

Has anyone else found the American crowd very annoying and unsportsmanlike? They seem very aggressive and cheering when the opposing team goes into the water is surely not in the spirit of golf. Some of the celebrations have also been excessive- I'm thinking Keegan Bradley in the main. Every time the cup is in the USA I find myself looking forward to the next time we can get them over to these shores!

Still we will know more from 17:00 onwards it's going to be a cracking evening of golf.

It does emphasise one of my pet hates. The idiots who scream "in the hole" even when someone has just driven at a 575 yard par 5.wallbash.gif

Could be quite emotional evening/night,europeans are wearing seve's navy blue and white sunday best.....what better insperation.... come on europe!!!!!good.gif

What a turn around this has been!!! On course to retain!

Watching avidly via web update.

Hanson and Garcia need to break that solid chunk of red in the middle of the order.

Some stunning golf and great drama so far..

Paul Laurie was immense. But if I hear "in the hole" one more time I'll another valium.

Paul Laurie was immense. But if I hear "in the hole" one more time I'll another valium.

Or USA USA??

Just one more point needed, come on Europe!

13-13, two matches to go that are all-square, come on Kaymer and Molinari!

lack of finger nails is coming in to play come on europe

1 putt to "Retain" the ryder cup