Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtay

Trouser Trauma

When shifting wardrobe space about this week, I was rather shocked to discover that the Mrs has 64 pairs of trousers. This didn't include jeans, but it's my understanding she has some of those as well.

Now I'm only male, so perhaps I'm missing something; but does that strike anybody else as excessive?

check if they are all the same size- she might keep souvenirs of her victims......

Knowing the size of my shoe collection I couldn't possibly comment......except to ask, why on earth did you count them?

Sorry, read the title and thought it was refering to something else, I haven't had a trouser trauma today BTW......... :whistling:

Sorry, read the title and thought it was refering to something else, I haven't had a trouser trauma today BTW......... whistling.gif

Thank you for sharing....

Too much info Robin rofl.gif

Sorry ladies, dropped my standards again.....blush.png

Are you sure that's all you dropped?

Better than your trousers I suppose.

(I never thought i'd see a day where I could write something as absurd as that, and not be off topic rofl.gif )

Are you sure that's all you dropped?

I may not have 64 pairs , but every pair I do own are fully securable and ready for service. Like you Clare, I never envisaged having this conversation in a Weather forum huh.png

Many Thanks for staying on topic...

I have about 10 pairs of trousers, including jeans, and workout/running ones etc. 64 is quite a lot.

Does she have a secret fetish for them or something? wink.png

Not that I'm aware, but things do have a tendancy to pass me by. I'll slip it into conversation to get a definitive answer.

check if they are all the same size- she might keep souvenirs of her victims......

They're all the same size. I could perhaps understand if she was a yo-yo dieter, or as you say, a serial killer; but she's been the same size though for the nine years I've known her. Also, I work from home, so I'd surely notice the bodies prior to them being relieved of their trousers.

Knowing the size of my shoe collection I couldn't possibly comment......except to ask, why on earth did you count them?

It was all part of the rant, I suppose. "We've just had a clear out and you've still got 1-2-3...63-64 pairs of trousers. You're not a bl**ding centipede".

I haven't counted the shoes yet, but look out for my next topic - Shoe Shock, or worse still, Handbag Hysteria.

Just when you think you've seen it all, someone starts a thread called trouser trauma and asks for opinions on his wife's trouser collection. I think this may have to go into the nw classic thread hall of fame :D

64 pairs of trousers ohmy.png

You obviously don't wear the trousers in your house doh.gif

Just a tad excessive, you must have a enormous wardrobe? lol but to be honest i'd be more worried if you had 64 frocks.... :p

Just when you think you've seen it all, someone starts a thread called trouser trauma and asks for opinions on his wife's trouser collection. I think this may have to go into the nw classic thread hall of fame biggrin.png

It certainly ranks in the top 5 and I'm sorry if I treated it with less reverence than it deserved. I just think that trouser trauma is something best dealt with in private, behind closed (wardrobe) doors.......

When shifting wardrobe space about this week, I was rather shocked to discover that the Mrs has 64 pairs of trousers. This didn't include jeans, but it's my understanding she has some of those as well.

Now I'm only male, so perhaps I'm missing something; but does that strike anybody else as excessive?

Maybe she is a closet (wardrobe) transvestite?..have you ever caught her wearing your trousers?..or maybe trying out your shoes and sneaking into your boxers(when your not at homecrazy.gif )

It certainly ranks in the top 5 and I'm sorry if I treated it with less reverence than it deserved. I just think that trouser trauma is something best dealt with in private, behind closed (wardrobe) doors.......

When I first caught sight of the topic, I expected it to be about the agonies of pulling-up one's zipper too quickly!

I'm not that surprised. A friend of mine had a lengthy stay in hospital not long ago and I had to go her house to sort a few things out including clothes. Now I knew she was a compulsive buyer of clothes, shoes and jewelry but I was staggered. I thought I'd walked into Debenhams. Good job she has a big house as she needed a room for the wardrobes. Imelda Marcos eat your heart out.

I didn't realise you are Somersets answer to Imelda Marcos J.

I didn't realise you are Somersets answer to Imelda Marcos J.

Oh you should see the hats too....Actually, boots and coats are my biggest weakness, thankfully hubby has a larger footwear collection than I have so he couldn't possibly complain.