Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radical Theorem Discussion

Gavin Hannah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

I guess this is the correct part of the forum. I don't think there is a topic for this so I thought I would start one.

I thought it would be cool to discuss some of the more radical theories out there relating to just about anything.

The first topic of discussion relates to the videos below. The general theme is "the impending Ice age, or global cool down."

But the evidence comes from space, not from the climate driven theory.

It's a pretty far out there theory and raises all kinds of questions. Is the author just a 'crack-pot', or is he onto a new way of thinking that conventional scientists would struggle to accept. There is a bit of a religious/moral theme in the second video but I think the discussion should be kept to the Science only.

Anyway, have a watch and post what you think.

A different video from the same channel going into more depth on the approaching Ice Age. There are several parts to this one, but I'm not going to list them all here.

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's not as daft as 'Earth warmed by (our) CO2' tho.

Apart form the fact that it flies-in-the-face of what we know about thermodynamics, stellar evolution, nuclear fusion, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism...I guess it's fine, barrie?biggrin.png

Posted

It's definitely not an idea you hear about every day. Or the possibility that stars are connected by "strings" of electrical energy. I've watched the first video a couple of times now trying to work out if the guys that came up with this are genuinely serious about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

I cant see any videos of any link to any videos.

Can you post a link to text so that I can read about the theory?

I personally believe that our weather and climate here on the Earth is governed by the Solar cycles. But not just the orbital variation that we know does affect long term climate of 27,000 years because the long wave infra red is variable. I think that the whole electromagnetic spectrum offers up variability and this in tern affects our climate in other ways. For instance; the changes to the solar wind affects the atmospheric charge strength and variability. This in tern I believe offers greatly enhanced or reduced airbourne particulate levels....ie condensation nuclie.

This I believe can effect long term precipitation distribution at the earth's surface and therefore the climate.

Posted

.youtube.com/watch?v=A6p7PfCziiA

.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDZUr9kHV4&feature=relmfu

A different video from the same channel going into more depth on the approaching Ice Age. There are several parts to this one, but I'm not going to list them all here.

.youtube.com/watch?v=8XFy75dIc4Q&feature=relmfu

Had to take out the http bit as the forum automatically converts them to media links.

Posted

As heat can only move from a hotter body into a colder one, where's the super-hot body that's supposed to be heating the sun? IMO, being in such extreme defiance of 2LOT as it clearly is, this 'theorem' is far worse then merely 'radical'!

One can almost smell the aroma of deep-frying solar sausages!

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

From my common sense and only basic scientific point of view the past records gleaned from ice cores etc would indicate that we are in an interglacial period and that one day the ice age will return and a colder earth than ours is today appears to have been the 'normal state' over the past 100,000,000 years, though there have been other times when it has been much warmer.

Though interstella plasma will have some effect on our sun, as does everything else in the universe i.e. our galaxy is bound to affect our sun and other galaxies are bound to affect our galaxy, I would have thought that the energy involved would have been minute when compared with the sun's huge fusion engine, so I would suggest that the external energy is little more than a trigger mechanism.

As to the causes of the ice ages I don't think anybody really knows and the best guess is a combination of variations of the earth's orbit around the sun, the angle of its axis which alters slightly over time, the movements of land masses, variations in ocean currents and from time to time extensive volcanic activity can reduce the level of heat received by producing a layer of ash in the upper atmosphere.

Certainly in the UK winters and summers appear cooler over the last few years than what they were but other areas have experienced record temperatures but a lot of this appears to be due to the devious deviations of the jet streams.

Posted

It also has the aroma of a hoax...Perhaps someone pressed their 'Random April Fools' Joke Generator' button early?

Posted

Are were putting this in the doomsdayer bucket then?

laugh.png The Flat Earth bucket?

Posted

It's turtles all the way down!

clap.gif

Loved that episode of QI

Will have to dig out some more Radical Theories for discussion then.