Sign in to follow this  
Coast

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

The forecast has gone badly wrong for here today as it was supposed to be dry, but it's been chucking it down for a few hours with 10mm of rain so far.

Been stair rodding it down for most of the day again here, River Weaver in neighbouring Nantwich is on a severe flood warning currently.

The forecast has gone badly wrong for here today as it was supposed to be dry, but it's been chucking it down for a few hours with 10mm of rain so far.

Even 'nowcasting' is becoming particularly difficult, I thought this afternoon would brighten up along the NE coast as visible satellite showed clouds clearing out in the north sea but as they approached the coastline they quickly filled to produce non-stop rain, heavy at times. Just reached 25mm today bringing the total to 47.1mm with still plenty to come by the looks of the radar.

post-5386-0-43629000-1348587449.txt

NW 5min radar.

Raining all day again - another 11mm

Just returned home, a ton of surface water all over.

Edited by Aaron

just biked home from uni - i can't remember the last time i biked on a sunday, monday and tuesday and got drenched everyday from the same weather front! flooding everywhere really, low level surface water stuff but still impressive nonetheless. My basement rose to 6 inches of water today, but we have since torn up the carpet (cost a bomb) and it is now draining away. incredible. well over 75mm here i am sure

Even 'nowcasting' is becoming particularly difficult, I thought this afternoon would brighten up along the NE coast as visible satellite showed clouds clearing out in the north sea but as they approached the coastline they quickly filled to produce non-stop rain, heavy at times. Just reached 25mm today bringing the total to 47.1mm with still plenty to come by the looks of the radar.

post-5386-0-43629000-1348587449.txt

NW 5min radar.

Yup truly awful conditions across the region this evening, flooded roads and homes etc really will go down as a month to remember when it's over I think. I can't remember the last time it poured with rain for hours on end like this to be fair.

Apparently Cleveland police have declared a major incident due to flood waters around 3-4ft high in the Middlesbrough/Stockton area too this evening.

Well Yesterdays rainfall came in at 46.5mm plus 15.5mm from the day before and light rain today adding another 5.6mm so far. So it makes it into the top 12 of heaviest rainfall since 1998. This beats the rainfall we had on June 25h 2007 which caused flooding in Sheffield. Of course the killer in that was the 123.5mm on the 14th plus rain in between the two dates.

Also demonstrates huge rainfall totals aren't as rare as made out by the media.

That's a hell of a mass of rain still hanging around the NE......I wonder if some places will hit 150mm before the end of this?

100+ mm of rain must be looking fairly likely now across a swathe of NE England down towards N Midlands and across to N Wales. NAE advertising another 25-30mm to fall across this portion of the country upto 12 midday tomorrow.

Edited by CreweCold

It looks like Newcastle especially is taking a hammering with the red echos on raintoday not moving at all.

Pretty dire across the region as I said before, I feel so sorry for the people who have been flooded out of their homes across the UK - really put's it in to perspective when on a personal note I have gotten off lightly with just some travel disruption. Has anyone got any idea when this lump of rain is due to move from the NE region?

My friends house has been flooded it was over a foot deep downstairs and has ruined there new sofa they got delivered last week.

Rain becoming heavier and dark skies got my lamps on in the house,glad i live on a hill. I feel for those in flood areas what a shame, costly and emotionaly draining.

Hi im sorry for asking this question again its just nobody answered last time Is the NW going to be getting any winds and whats the current situation with this system many thanks

Hi im sorry for asking this question again its just nobody answered last time Is the NW going to be getting any winds and whats the current situation with this system many thanks

As the centre of this thing swings south-west, the North-West will likely see winds picking up I would have thought.

Very serious rainfall event over Northern England this afternoon and still it continues falling, The band is expanding and pivoting back towards the NW - rivers are running at the brim and won't be able to cope if that back of rain moves over the region. The models were on the money yesterday showing rainfall totals up to and over 100mm. Worrying times...

Unlikely the situation will ease much this evening to give any respite to those badly affected - Stay safe everyone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19710183 - Latest BBC news from the Nort East.

Looks pretty breezy on the coast around Lancs?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Liam J

It's been sporadically breezy here today but nothing unusual.

Cant believe the amount of rain that has fallen and is still falling around my area nw wales as in n england. Is there anywhere that has the actual up to date rainfall in the last 48 hrs???

Am i right in thinking the system is currently pivoting around bolton at the moment still torrential rain here.

Evening all new poster here..hope everyone is ok and not to damp..well what a couple of days hey!! River Severn looks well up since this morning and back in Worcester where I live it's just started raining again...would not want to live in Tewkesbury at the moment!!!

Still raining here, places in West yorkshire are on flood alert!

Edited by Barry95

rain has finally got here now as well - front is coming back down into south east Wales - does seem to be breaking up a bit mind on radar - we shall see whether it has a further flooding sting in the tail for around these parts, tonight and into tomorrow

Welcome Boris!!!

Low pressure currently centered around The Isle Of Man and in no particular

hurry to go anywhere fast.

Very poor conditions on the roads up here in Durham first thing this morning

which reminded me of the 28th of June although not as extreme as that day.

More heavy rain to come this evening and tonight which will add to

the flooding problems.