Snow?

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, can we keep this thread to discussing the weather situation / forecasts / flooding etc please - if you want to chat and banter off topic please take a look at the lounge http://forum.netweat.../1

A bit frightening - http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2012-09-25/block-of-flats-at-risk-of-collapse-after-floods-in-newburn/

Very interesting comments and analysis from ESTOFEX this morning: http://www.estofex.org/

Posted Images

Anyone with photos of the flooding / rain / high seas today - would be great to see them & also feature them on other parts of Netweather (fully credited to the owners) :D

32 flood warnings now in force across England and Wales

http://www.environme...oods/31618.aspx

Also to note playing the NW RADAR loop for the past couple of hours, it looks like the 'pivot' has began, with the North Midlands and Derbyshire getting what's currently moving over Norwich and out across the North Sea.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Just watched my local weather forecast and there is potential for another 20mm - 30mm tomorrow night widely across the West Country, so something to keep an eye on there, considering there are still places underwater now.

Also, looking like a Bristol Channel Streamer could set up tonight and tomorrow morning, so there is the possibility for a few more mm's from them.

Think I can safely say that despite a largely dry month up until yesterday, September is now going to turn out a wetter than average month here.

Steady moderate rain at present.

Looked at the gauge at 6.15pm and we'd had 27.1 mm since 10am.

Thought it might have been more as it's seemed so dismal all day.

Lots of floods about though in the fields and along the lanes.

Thankfully wind quite gentle.

Well im totally disappointed from a south eastern point of view, we were promised torrential rainfall amounts from yesterday and this morning and heavy gusting winds today, we ended up with barely anything. The radar was showing heavy rain over us and all we got was short heavy bursts, and the max gust we have had after being forecast up to 70mph is about 40mph pushing it. Very tame indeed down south.

I guess I will have to look on to the next system. Posted Image

• Like 2

Locally both the Clwyd and Clwyedog burst their banks this afternoon, causing 3-4 foot of flooding making some roads impassable. This is after around 45mm rain. The expected run-off and further forecast rain will make tomorrow even more interesting!

Well im totally disappointed from a south eastern point of view, we were promised torrential rainfall amounts from yesterday and this morning and heavy gusting winds today, we ended up with barely anything. The radar was showing heavy rain over us and all we got was short heavy bursts, and the max gust we have had after being forecast up to 70mph is about 40mph pushing it. Very tame indeed down south.

I guess I will have to look on to the next system. Posted Image

to be fair mate, we have still had a hell of a lot of rain and a forecast is an estimate of the weather's potential - not a promise!

I can't really explain why but from memory of previous such deep LOWs there is always a large mostly dry area to the South of the LOW centre with the strong to gale force Westerly flow. If you look at the radar there are many showers, some thundery, in the English Channel and clipping the far SW and these will run along the South Coast/adjoining counties through the rest of today, overnight and into tomorrow.

I would expect there to be some developments up the Bristol Channel at some stage which may affect you Mike.

I see. I did notice a lot of the shower going ESE into the English Channel and France. Perhaps more showers will prevail when the low turns in a westerly direction and we get the SWerly wind setting in. There have been a few showers here this evening from what looks to be something resembling a Severn Streamer.