Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Current pressure 979.3mb and steady. We have had gusts over 30mph, so nothing unusual there.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Here is child of Nadine, with the rain rotating around it.

post-2-0-21132900-1348574668_thumb.png

That is pretty much spot on from what the GFS suggested both pressure and position wise from looking the post I made on the first page of the first thread on Saturday. Well done GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Rainband slowly closing in from the North with winds beginning to pick up

looks like a squally rush hour for Brum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I'm thinking the occlusion is going to rotate and give us another drenching here up north?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Had some hail in a shower down here, ELT's are quite low, so perhaps later on, the showers could get worse with thunder mixed in.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Had some hail in a shower down here, ELT's are quite low, so perhaps later on, the showers could get worse with thunder mixed in.

It still looks like it might just spark up along The Channel in the next few hours

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

I would think thundery activity is quite likely, especially as there's still some warmth in the sun and the warmest part of the day is approaching. More

showers beginning to develop in lines running SW-NE across Somerset into Wiltshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Rainband slowly closing in from the North with winds beginning to pick up

looks like a squally rush hour for Brum

Yes, it's reached here now, a steady, soaking rain, looks like several hours worth to come, certainly worrying times for midlands areas to our south, such as Worcester, Tewekesbury & Gloucester with the Severn & Avon channeling all this rainfall
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes, it's reached here now, a steady, soaking rain, looks like several hours worth to come, certainly worrying times for midlands areas to our south, such as Worcester, Tewekesbury & Gloucester with the Severn & Avon channeling all this rainfall

Yes, this is a similar scenario to July 2007 i am starting to think.. The River Thames upstream saw very heavy rain yesterday, expected to reach Oxford soon and could be high levels of water coming down.

Posted

Posted Image

Many communities in England and Wales are bracing themselves for a second day of heavy rain, with 100mm, or 4in, forecast by the end of the day, and the resulting flood risks from rivers and surface water. The Environment Agency said northerly parts of the country were the biggest areas of concern today.

'There will be heavy showers coming in along the south coast and Kent. Places like East Anglia will be fairly dry, with just the odd shower,' said Tom Tobler, forecaster with MeteoGroup, said. 'The heavy rain will be across the north-west and north-east, which have already had a lot of rain since yesterday, and there will be a risk of flooding.'

Overnight people were rescued from vehicles stranded in floodwater in North Yorkshire, with heavy flooding on roads across Tyneside and County Durham and 30 separate incidents reported in Cumbria. 'Due to persistent rain throughout the night, many roads in Durham and Darlington have been affected by flooding and some are currently impassable,' Durham police said.

In Morpeth, Northumberland, people were evacuated from their homes as floodwater rose, but police insisted the measure was a 'precaution'.

Train services in Lancashire were severely disrupted by the wet weather, with Network Rail saying services between Newcastle and Edinburgh had also been cancelled. One of the main roads into Newcastle, the A1058 Coast Road, was closed to allow workmen to relieve water pressure by demolishing a wall.

In St Helens, ten people had to be rescued by firefighters on inflatable rafts after flooding near their homes. Drivers on the A1 in Dunston, Gateshead, were rescued from their cars, including ITV reporter Rachel Sweeney, who wrote on Twitter: 'My car is stuck! I'm in a van with a prisoner and two cops called Emma and Alec!'

Yesterday at least four people died in accidents linked to storms as properties in the south-west, Midlands and the south-east were damaged. 'The main area of concern has moved north, and is focusing on North Yorkshire, but we could see impacts in Cheshire, Cumbria, North Wales, Manchester and Northumberland,' the Environment Agency said.

The hazardous conditions were blamed for the death of a one-year-old in a car crash that also left two men seriously injured on the B1101 Wisbech to March road, Cambridgeshire.

A mother in her 20s and her 14-month-old son also died on the A134 at Crimplesham in Norfolk. It followed the death of a 32-year-old woman from New Zealand who was killed by a falling branch in Kew Gardens, south-west London, on Sunday. An elderly couple in Portsmouth had a lucky escape after a wall in their attic collapsed under a deluge while they were in bed. Alison Baptiste, flood risk manager at the Environment Agency, said: 'We strongly urge people to keep a close eye on local weather forecasts.'

Conditions should ease by the end of the week.

http://www.metro.co....s#ixzz27UC3ROdC

http-~~-//youtu.be/G9KRQrJ94sI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Quite a nice day here today, no rain at all just sun and lots of wind! Seems like the early showers missed my location. All set to change in the coming hours though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Boy this rain band is taking it`s time!.... I'm beginning to regret starting a time lapse entitled " The return of the prodigal son"

Although with the upper and lower winds in opposition and the front edge of the band sharpening up.... there maybe something to come yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Latest radar is interesting. I looked out the window this morning to pouring rain and a blue skies to the SE with a SW wind: black to the north. This was pretty much how it was when I went to bed: dry in Bev but wet a couple of miles to the north.

Since then the rain band has pivoted and it has pivoted pretty much around my house. The NW is still really wet but the SE is dry and we are having patchy rain at home. There appears to be three small gyres at the centre of Karin, the main one over The Borders, one over York and a third, less pronounced, one over Barrow-in-Furness.

If you have NW radar, run the animation and you will see what I mean. Also zoom into HU17 and run the clock back and forth - very strange how the wet/dry divide has remained stationary for so long.

Loking good for storms in the SE I must say.....

Posted

Eerily calm under the depression centre with not a breath of wind - Pressure 976mb. The rains eased off, for now anyway, keeping my eye on that ppn over NE England.

Posted

I cant believe it its still raining neally 2 days solid with

not much wind. Does anybody know if the winds will come to my area cheers

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rains started again here in Stourport on Severn, quite heavy

Posted

Northern England is under here somewhere.... Posted Image

post-9615-0-93365700-1348582373_thumb.pn

post-9615-0-91531700-1348582577_thumb.pn The south

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Can't quite believe how persistent the rain has been over the past 48 hours. I'm in York and it's been raining constantly since about 10am yesterday, only briefly stopping overnight to become constant and heavy once again today. The rain just seems to be lodged over us as the system rotates; it's still coming down heavily here, the River Ouse in the city centre is 3.17m above normal and isn't expected to peak until tomorrow!

Looks like a few unfortunate people are going to have their homes flooded. Take care everyone.

Posted

Northern England is under here somewhere.... Posted Image

post-9615-0-93365700-1348582373_thumb.pn

post-9615-0-91531700-1348582577_thumb.pn The south

hi liam j di you know if my location is to see any wind today cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Widespread problems today up norf. Various roads & railways closed with various news articles going about.

I'm expecting the rain to start again down here soon for round 2, although hopefully it won't be as bad as what round one was.

September is certainly going to be remembered for thus storm though!

Posted

Interesting analysis from SatRep earlier today:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Has the foam been posted yet? Amazing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etland-19716141

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I have been sat seemingly 5-10 miles from the southeastern edge of that rain band all day, it has just streamed up towards Yorkshire and not managed to move East. The wind along the front has been very strong all day, there have been several trees down locally.