Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (karin) - Severe Weather Discussion - Day 2 To 6

Coast

Posted

to be fair mate, we have still had a hell of a lot of rain and a forecast is an estimate of the weather's potential - not a promise!

they actually got the forecast virtually spot - wind speeds were not forecast to go much past 50mph ish (except for some of the usual spots - up north) - but flooding was the main issue which has proved to be so

edit:- this was never gonna be a major ex hurricane ish event wind speed wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

We had 33mm at work today and when I looked at Chester (nearest gauge Hawarden) just before leaving the office at 5 there had been 53mm today. Two routes into Saughall (where I live, just outside Chester) were deeply flooded and the only other was flooded but just passable at several points. We have a new pond half the size of the garden too. It will be interesting trying to get to work tomorrow, it is just starting to rain again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

North East on flood alert as storms approach

Flood alerts are in force across the North-East and North Yorkshire as heavy rain and high winds batter the region.

Roads have been closed due to flooding in Middleton-One-Row near Darlington and Skeeby in North Yorkshire.

Dozens of river levels are rising fast and flood alerts have been issued. The Environment Agency has issued 13 flood warnings, requiring immediate action, and 50 flood alerts for the North-East and Yorkshire.

Properties on the eastern side of Catterick village on Swale Pasture Lane and Oran Lane and riverside properties at Nidderdale Lodge, Lorisholme and Riverside Caravan Parks off York Road, Knaresborough, are in imminent danger.

Flood alerts have been issued for the Tyne, the Skerne, the Derwent, Ure, Ouse and the Wear.

And weathermen say the region has not seen the worst of the storm.

Torrential rain is expected to lash County Durham and Cleveland in the early hours.

The Met Office is warning parts of northern England could see up to 100mm (almost four inches) of rain fall today and into tomorrow.

Some areas could receive their average rainfall for the whole of September in 24 hours, raising the risk of flooding from rivers and surface water.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9946678.Region_on_flood_alert_as_storms_approach/

Latest travel new for the southern half of the north east can be found here http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/li/traffic_and_travel.in.Darlington/?ref=ltp

Posted

All fairly quiet here today. It rained, a lot, but steady constant rain, not the torrential downpours I was expecting. It stopped at about 3.30pm and hasn't rained again since. Can we expect the East mids (notts) to be hit by any more?

Posted

they done last weeks Leek club results also

"Torrential rain is expected to lash County Durham"

typical poor journalism from Thompson House yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

As anyone recorded over 100mm yet?

Posted

finally made it to north wales. Took over two hours to travel 12 miles from flint which is badly flooded . Does any one know just how much more rain is due in north east wales.

Posted

Well back from the washing up, she makes a mean broth but boy she dont half make a mess of the pan lol

still raining but no wind.

Wait for the broth to go down down, then you'll have windPosted Image
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Storms

Got away from the wife and am sitting overlooking the english channel near dungeness hoping 2 catch a couple of flashes, love sitting in a car when the weather is grim, plus the obligatory kebab yum

Posted

Wait for the broth to go down down, then you'll have windPosted Image

lol already got that i had mushy peas at dinner oh my shes in for a treat tonight: p

Posted

Got away from the wife and am sitting overlooking the english channel near dungeness hoping 2 catch a couple of flashes, love sitting in a car when the weather is grim, plus the obligatory kebab yum

i bet my wife wishes i was with you lol

Posted

Got away from the wife and am sitting overlooking the english channel near dungeness hoping 2 catch a couple of flashes,

Do they do that sort of thing down there. We read them the riot act if they do that down herePosted Image

OK, I know get your raincoat and sod off

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Storms

Heavy blustery showers at the mo, yes my other half is sick of me going on and on, worth having a mini domestic for to get out of the house lol, no flashes yet though

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy blustery showers at the mo, yes my other half is sick of me going on and on, worth having a mini domestic for to get out of the house lol, no flashes yet though

lol

lol

NO FLASHING PLEASE lol

Posted

The wind across Northern parts of the country tonight will reach severe gale force, currently Eastern parts of Scotland and North East England are reporting gusts over 40mph but the wind will increase through the night.

Here's a map I made showing top average wind speeds and gusts expected tonight and into Tuesday morning,

Wonder if there is a strong Helm wind today? This Fohn wind plummets from the north Pennines into the Eden valley. The radar is showing a telltale rain shadow in the lee to the west of the Pennines denoting subsiding air, and winds from the ENE at Great Dun Fell were averaging up 74 mph and gusting to nearly 88mph this afternoon.

Where's OON when you need him?

Posted

Bet it's blowy on the Marsh this evening? The wind has really gotten up in the last hour...nice cell out in the Channel headed this way too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Torrential rain again in Bristol now, absolutely hammering it down.

Flooded roads and everything.